Approximately How Much Will It Cost for Liposuction of Upper Back "Buffalo Hump" Area?

I have had this for as long as I can remember and just recently became aware that cosmetic surgery offers a solution in lipo. It is genetic in my case. It seems like a relatively small area of the body so I'm curious as to what range of cost I am looking at? Thank you.

This may cost $2000 or so but will depend upon the extent and prominence of the hump.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction under local anesthesia is an option

Dear paulkalap,

The cost of liposuction to the upper back/neck area is not that much and can be further reduced by having it performed under local anesthesia.  The cost of doing so will be about 3K, varying based on region of the country as well as surgeon.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Costs of Liposuction

I do all my surgery in a fully accredited outpatient surgery center with board certified anesthesiologists, so even small areas can be expensive. At the very minimum for a small area done with all safety standards in place in the operating room, I charge at least $3500, but the price can vary depending on your physical exam, coexisting medical conditions, and many other factors. 

Liposuction of one area cost $1250.

Liposuction of one area in my practice costs $1250. The procedure is done in a state licensed and professionally certified ambulatory surgery center with oral sedation and tumescent.