After a few questions about my Coolsculpting, still left with a few more. My Dr says these are 2nd degree burns.. (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 5
After a few questions about my Coolsculpting, still left with a few more. My Dr says these are 2nd degree burns..
Fat freezing (CoolSculpting) skin injury, frostbite
Thank you for sharing your photos. So sorry for these problems.
“CoolSculpting” (CS) made by Zeltiq iis a FDA approved machine for the use of non-surgical fat reduction .
They have incorporated many preventative mechanical and electronic mechanisms to prevent frost-bite.
Frostbite looks like a burn injury as it progresses from redness to blistering to skin/fat necrosis. It requires immediate care to keep it from progressing.
My concerns for your care include:
- A non-approved imitation machine
- Direct application of the applicator without the use of a anti-freeze gel separator.
- Use of a cotton-ball in the navel theoretically could preclude the proper seal and creating continous suction of the applicator causing continued freezing to reach proper temperature and thus causing a frost-bite injury.
- improper evaluation as a candidate
- improper selection of a Certified CoolSculpting physician or Team.
- improper use of CS protocols
- Other issues which may have added injury including prior co-morbidities to the area such as:
- over vigorous massage rather than kneeding,
- application of ice packs or heating pad to the therapeutically cooled area,
- DIY (do it yourself) kits to enhance the result of the therapeutically cooled area.
- Auto-immune, nicotine use, diabetic and other illnesses which diminish circulation.
Obtain urgent consultation to reduce the progressive level of the injury and diminish your concerns including: pigmentation, scar, fat necrosis with underlying irregularity, numbness and other issues.
Please consider another opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced and certified in CoolSculpting, frostbite / burn injury and care.
I wish you the very best!
Coolsculpting and Complication
I have been doing Coolsculpting since it came out and have never seen anything like this. Coolsculpting is a safe and highly effective treatment for fat reduction. Was a gel pad placed? A cotton ball is never used. Are you sure that you had Coolsculpting by Zeltiq? Is this a certified physician? I would consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert with Coolsculpting for evaluation. Best, Dr. Green
You might also like...
There will very likely be residual scarring and skin color changes from this. Given the location and size, and given that you are petite, a "tummy" tuck, or any surgical procedure to remove the affected area is probably not an option.
Sorry, and I hope this helps.
Complication from Coolsculpting?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.