Eyes Dilated After Scopolamine Patch, how long will this last?
Doctor Answers 3
Dilated eyes from Scopolamine patch
For most patients, the dilated pupils will resolve in 24 hours if not sooner.
Don't be concerned. You won't have dilated pupils forever.
All the best.
"Dilated Eyes" after Using Scopolamine Patch
- Rest assured that your pupils will not remain dilated for ever!
- Scopolamine which can help with motion sickness is sometimes used around the time of surgery to help prevent nausea.
- A direct effect of this medication is that pupils can dilate, but not permanently!
- Likely, within 24 hours your pupils will be back to normal.
- In the meantime, wear sunglasses to help with light sensitivity.
- Thanks for sharing!
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.