I had saline implants a month ago. I went 650cc. Do these look like they are healing right? (Photo)

Saline implants

Thanks for your question.  The implants appear to be sitting a little high but this is not uncommon only one month after surgery  Your surgeon will be able to follow your progress and ensure you are healing normally.

1 month post op

At one month post op it is not unusual to have some asymmetry and for breasts to sit a bit high and tight, however you will need to be examined in person and follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to ensure that they do continue to drop and soften as expected.

All the best

Proactive healing regimen prevents complications

Your right side looks okay.  The left looks tight.  If the surgeon isn't proactive will may get a capsule.  650 is a perfectly normal size on the right person.

Breast Augmentation Result

Although you are getting glowing reviews from the docs, I see a substantial asymmetry, with one implant clearly higher on your chest wall than the other, with the same breast lacking lower pole fullness.   This could be due to your preoperative appearance, or the beginnings of capsular contracture, the most common complication of breast augmentation, especially for women with periareolar incisions. 

It is true that it is still very early and time will tell.  Regardless, there is nothing to do, so try not to worry. This includes any form of massage, vitamin E, Accolate/Singulair, or external ultrasound. All are ineffective at preventing or treating either capsular contracture or any other type of malposition.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation 1 month ago

Your breasts are doing very well; they will continue to settle over the next two months; at three months they will become more comfortable and normal in appearance. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Given that you had larger implants placed and you are only 1 month out, it appears that you are on the right track. 

In general I inform my patients that it takes about 4 months before they reach their final result.  During this time I have them massage the implants if they are smooth round implants.  At 2 months time they should be looking pretty good but still are a bit too high, however at the 4 month time they should be very soft and settled.

If you have any concerns it is best to discuss with your plastic surgeon as he/she would be able to exam you and see if you are on the right path.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Healing

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is YES but if you have concerns speak to your surgeon as he knows where you should be at this point in your recovery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Healing

You are still in the early healing phase.  Allow time for them to drop and settle.  It takes longer with larger implants.  Follow up wtih your surgeon so that he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I had saline implants a month ago. I went 650cc. Do these look like they are healing right?

At 4 weeks, you are still early in your healing process. I typically advise my patients to wait a good 4-6 months to allow all the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. Best to continue following up with your operating surgeon so he or she can monitor your progress. Good luck!!

Healing Process

Thank you for your photos, it is a pleasure to answer your question. You are very early in your recovery process from breast augmentation surgery. At this point It looks like you are doing very well and still swollen which is normal. The swelling would start going down with every week that passes by. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon