Any suggestions on Ultherapy of Lower SMAS Facelift? (photos)

I am 76 and in relatively good health, no heart conditions, diabetes. . I have had two face lifts one at 58 (full with brow) lower facelift 2007. I am considering a lower Smas facelift to tighten up the jowls and neck area. I understand this can be done under "twilight" sedation. I have looked at ultra therapy but at my age I doubt if their is any collagen left to stimulate. What do you recommend between the two to address my jowls and neck! Thanks

Ultherapy or SMAS facelift

Given that you have had surgical results ( more than once), I don't think you would ever be satisfied with a nonsurgical result ( such as Ultherapy). Ultherapy is an effective non surgical technique but generally for younger patients. 

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Ultheapy will not tighten as much as a facelift or necklift

If you had decided you would not undergo a third surgical procedure, then you might wish to undergo Ultherapy and see how much tightening and lifting you could obtain, but Ultherapy will not tighten as much as surgery. Your collagen production might surprise you despite your age. It is possible that if you had surgery, you could also benefit from fillers. See one or two specialists in person to determine your candidacy for Ultherapy.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

A facelift alone will not be sufficient

Dear patient, Looking at the photos it struck me that you have a lot of actinic damage. Collagen denatures from sun, smoking, and stress. A facelift can stretch back relatively quickly if you don't address the sun damaged skin first. I suggest looking into an aggressive fractional Co2 laser resurfacing. I perform the Mixto CO2 laser and have really great and long lasting results with this modality. Once a laser procedure has been performed you may deiced to do an Ulterapy rather than a full neck lift. Ultherapy has little to no downtime and no risk of scarring. Ulterapy results are not as impressive as a surgical lift but may be sufficient in your case. I hope this was helpful.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Ultherapy, Filler and Laser

Hi and thank you for your question! Your filler result made a significant improvement in your lip lines an the overall appearance of your mouth area. I think that some additional filler in your tear trough area (under your eyes) and in your cheeks and temples would also make a nice improvement in the youthfulness of the face and would also give the appearance of a lift of lower face. I think Ultherapy would help to tighten the upper neck and you could also try neuromodulator (Botox or Dysport) in the platysma bands. Also, consider a laser to stimulate collagen in the surface of the skin, such as Halo or Venus Viva, this will help the appearance of the lower face, as well. Feel free to call our office for a complementary consultation. Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

you are a candidate for many procedures for rejuvenation1) face and neck lifting2) face volumization3) laser resurfacing/ PRPI suggest you get a consultation to determine what your goals are.  Best, Dr. Emer.