How long does it take to see results after Sculpsure, and how soon can you have a second procedure?

With sculpsure you guys told me it eliminates 24% of body fat, but it takes up to six to twelve weeks to see the most dramatic results? Also, with sculpsure can you see results or very little results at all if you not change your eating habits? Also, they tell me with coolsculpting after you first procedure you can have another procedure done after three months, after the first procedure? Can someone get a second procedure done with sculpsure if he wants better results after his first procedure?

How long does it take to see results after Sculpsure

It can take up to three months to see the final result following a SculpSure treatment. Usually treating a patient there is some mild swelling in the area which can take several weeks to decrease. Sometimes we advocate wearing a compression garment to decrease this effect. Second treatments can be performed about three months after the first treatment and can help optimize result.

Newton Plastic Surgeon

Repeat SculpSure treatments

SculpSure will reduce subcutaneous fat on an average of 25% per treatment.  It takes up to 12 weeks to see the final results, but a repeat treatment can be performed after 4-6 weeks if needed.  Of course if you diet and exercise your result will be improved, but this is not part of the regimen.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

When do you see results from SculpSure

We have seen the best results with two treatments per area 6 weeks apart.  Fat loss occurs up to 12 weeks after treatment.  You will notice clothes fitting better.  Eating healthy and exercising will maximize results and of course, continuing a healthy lifestyle of eating well and exercising will maintain and continue improving the results.   Every patient is different - some get dramatic results and others are more subtle.  That is true for any cosmetic procedure you do.  Overall, most patients are very happy.  

Linda J. Banta, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

SculpSure results and second procedure

You are correct that each treatment can result in 24% fat reduction to the treated area and that the best results are seen after 6-12 weeks.  However, you don't have to wait that long to re-treat the same area.  You can do another treatment in 4 weeks if you wanted to.  If you want the best results and results that will last, then a healthy diet is a must, along with regular exercise. 

Cheree Dunbar, MD
Folsom Preventative Medicine Physician

Multiple SculpSure Treatments

For most patients, multiple treatments are going to give the best results.  They are generally best to be done 8-12 weeks apart.  Each time your remove about 24% of the fat that is there, so two treatments will not equal 48% reduction.  It is approximately 24% reduction of what is there the first time and then 24% reduction of what is there the second time.  The benefit of SculpSure is you can do it almost as many times as you want to over a course of time. 

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

SculpSure

SculpSure targets and permanently destroys these fat cells without surgery, downtime, redness or pain. SculpSure is the newest non-surgical 25 minute procedure that uses light-based technology to permanently destroy up to 24% of fat per treatment. Each treatment goes deeper into the fat layer for additive results. The laser uses heat at high temperatures to destroy fat and most patients do not experience pain during the treatment and the applicators can be adjusted if any discomfort is felt.

The SculpSure laser permanently destroys fat cells using heat, and loss of fat is seen quickly within 6 weeks with full results seen at 12 weeks. This is the time it takes for the body to absorb and eliminate the destroyed fat cells.
Many patients need just one treatment to get their desired results. 2 to 3 treatments maybe needed if further fat reduction is desired.

Dr. Dennis Gross is in the firm opinion that SculpSure is the best laser technology for reducing body fat, surpassing other technologies including CoolSculpting. Many find CoolSculpting painful and requiring longer and more frequent treatments whereas the opposite is true for SculpSure. Furthermore, SculpSure allows small areas of fat to be treated allowing better contoured results that are customized to each individual. And finally, unlike CoolSculpt, SculpSure can treat twice the body areas in half the time and may improve the skin surface as well because only SculpSure stimulates collagen.

Dennis Gross, MD

12 Weeks for Optimal SculpSure Results

Although some patients report noticing fat reduction results just 6-8 weeks after their first SculpSure 25 Minute Body Contouring procedure, full results are noticeable at 12 weeks post-treatment.  We can, technically re-treat the same area within 6-8 weeks after your last treatment, but we recommend that patients wait the first 12 weeks, if possible, so that we can see full results before starting another SculpSure fat melting laser treatment. 

Dionysios Veronikis, MD
Saint Louis Urogynecologist

SculpSure Re-treatment

Patients considering SculpSure treatment should live a well balanced lifestyle that consists of maintaining their weight with a healthy diet and consistent regular physical exercise. Patients should have realistic expectations from their permanent fat reduction procedures and should consider a series of 1- 3 treatments to achieve optimal results. Wait 6 weeks before re-treating the same area. 

SculpSure works by engaging a controlled hypothermic 1060 nm wavelength to the body, targeting the fatty tissue. This wavelength is penetrated deep into the subcutaneous fat cells causing your body to eliminate the fat cells with minimal absorption in the dermis allowing for a safe and effective treatments for all skin types. The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose, without any damage to the dermal tissue. The damaged adipocytes will be absorbed and removed gradually by the body’s inflammatory process and the volume of fat in the treatment area will decrease. Patients can expect to see results in approximately 6 weeks with optimal results seen in 12 weeks. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Sculpsure 2nd Treatment?

I recommned waiting at least 12 weeks after your Sculpsure treatment, because this is the period when you should have your "final result".  You could conceivably have a 2nd treatment sooner, but I would recommend following the teratment guidleines for now.  Sculpsure s not a weight loss program.  It is a noninvasive way t remove unwanted fat from selected areas in association with other healthy lifestyle decisions.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon