How long does it take to see results after Sculpsure, and how soon can you have a second procedure?

With sculpsure you guys told me it eliminates 24% of body fat, but it takes up to six to twelve weeks to see the most dramatic results? Also, with sculpsure can you see results or very little results at all if you not change your eating habits? Also, they tell me with coolsculpting after you first procedure you can have another procedure done after three months, after the first procedure? Can someone get a second procedure done with sculpsure if he wants better results after his first procedure?

SculpSure Re-treatment

Patients considering SculpSure treatment should live a well balanced lifestyle that consists of maintaining their weight with a healthy diet and consistent regular physical exercise. Patients should have realistic expectations from their permanent fat reduction procedures and should consider a series of 1- 3 treatments to achieve optimal results. Wait 6 weeks before re-treating the same area. 

SculpSure works by engaging a controlled hypothermic 1060 nm wavelength to the body, targeting the fatty tissue. This wavelength is penetrated deep into the subcutaneous fat cells causing your body to eliminate the fat cells with minimal absorption in the dermis allowing for a safe and effective treatments for all skin types. The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose, without any damage to the dermal tissue. The damaged adipocytes will be absorbed and removed gradually by the body’s inflammatory process and the volume of fat in the treatment area will decrease. Patients can expect to see results in approximately 6 weeks with optimal results seen in 12 weeks. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure 2nd Treatment?

I recommned waiting at least 12 weeks after your Sculpsure treatment, because this is the period when you should have your "final result".  You could conceivably have a 2nd treatment sooner, but I would recommend following the teratment guidleines for now.  Sculpsure s not a weight loss program.  It is a noninvasive way t remove unwanted fat from selected areas in association with other healthy lifestyle decisions.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eating habits with SculptSure and second treatments?

SculptSure is not a weight loss procedure, it is a procedure to reduce the fatty tissue within focal areas of your body. For best results your weight should be very stable prior to undergoing the treatment. Therefore if your eating habits are resulting in ongoing weight gain, the results of SculptSure will be negatively impacted. 
Also, yes you can recieve a second treatment to the same area within one to two months if you are seeking additional results.

SculpSure results and 2nd session

Thank you for your question. You will typically see full results between 6-12 weeks after treatment. Typically only one treatment is necessary for our patients, but if you want to go in for a 2nd session in the same treatment area, you can have one a month after.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

How long does it take to see results after Sculpsure

It can take up to three months to see the final result following a SculpSure treatment. Usually treating a patient there is some mild swelling in the area which can take several weeks to decrease. Sometimes we advocate wearing a compression garment to decrease this effect. Second treatments can be performed about three months after the first treatment and can help optimize result.

Repeat SculpSure treatments

SculpSure will reduce subcutaneous fat on an average of 25% per treatment.  It takes up to 12 weeks to see the final results, but a repeat treatment can be performed after 4-6 weeks if needed.  Of course if you diet and exercise your result will be improved, but this is not part of the regimen.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Questions

Most patients start to see results from SculpSure at six weeks.  It takes time for the body to flush the fat cells.  If you do not change your eating habits, but maintain your weight, you will still appreciate results.  Of course, most significant changes are seen when people maintain or start a healthy diet and exercise routine.  Often, having a non-surgical procedure like SculpSure is a good motivator to jump start a lifestyle change.

We recommend waiting at least six weeks before having a second treatment.  Additional treatments will also yield more fat reduction, so for patients looking for more significant change, a second treatment can be beneficial.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Timing of SculpSure Results

Thank you for your questions. Yes, it takes approximately 6 weeks to start to see the results from SculpSure. The procedure eliminates up to 24% of fat cells; some patients may respond a little better, some not as well. So, it can depend. Some patients have told me that they are starting to see results by about 3 weeks, but because it takes time for your body to eliminate the fat cells that are destroyed, 6 weeks is a better indication of when you should start seeing results.

As with any procedure for fat removal (including traditional liposuction), it is best if it is used as an investment into creating a new you. SculpSure works best when combined with diet and exercise. 

I will perform a second treatment on patients at around the 2 month mark - at the initial consultation, I am very direct as to how many treatments I anticipate the patient will need. If there is a lot to squeeze, then they'll likely need two, for example. It's a great, fast, painless treatment - best of luck! 

How soon for results and second treatment?

I have people who say they can see results in 2-3 weeks, but it is not the SculpSure but other lifestyle changes (diet and exercise) that work faster. The timing is based more on financial concerns than medical ones. Why melt fat that is already dead and dissolving? How do you know you will need more and where, until it is finished? We all heal at different rates, and apoptosis of fat cells is probably no different--the older, the longer. This is my opinion, others?