I had SculpSure almost 9 weeks ago and have experienced zero results. Has anyone seen this in any of their patients @ 9 wks?

I had 2 procedures done same day. Upper and Lower Adominal and Flanks. I am average in size 5'7 180ish, weight distributed evenly. I do not see or feel any loss, took measurements and no loss. I have lost about 2 lbs since procedure and eat well and walk 4 miles 3-5 times a week. Went to 1st consult at 7 weeks took pics and nothing. Even nurse agreed and said did not see a difference. They have photos supposed to send to me. Been told to wait 12 wks but do not feel it is working is this possible

No results in 9 weeks?

It is possible to see results in 3-4 weeks, but the majority of effects are later and 12 weeks still is different than 9 weeks. I also believe in 2 observations: 1. not all fat is created equal (some may be more resistant to dying); 2. the setting needs adjustment at 4 minutes to be slightly painful ("do not turn up the heat!") or later to be most effective. If this level is reached, the actual setting for machine doesn't matter in the results. This is the protocol. Were you moderately uncomfortable at least? Your BMI is 28 which is in the recommended range of treatment--you should see results. You may need a warmer setting for second treatment if more resistant.

Results 9 weeks after SculpSure

The amount of visible change seen after a SculpSure treatment can vary between patients.  In the correctly chosen patient, I think it would be unusual to see zero improvement after a treatment but it can take 12 weeks to see the results.  Taking measurements is not always the best method to judge results.  I find comparing before and after pictures is the best way to see the difference.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Expectations

Patients considering SculpSure should have realistic expectations from their permanent fat reduction program and should consider a series of 1- 3 treatments to achieve optimal results. SculpSure patients can destroy up to 24% the treated fat cells permanently.

SculpSure works by engaging a controlled hypothermic 1060 nm wavelength to the body, targeting the fatty tissue. This wavelength is penetrated deep into the subcutaneous fat cells causing your body to eliminate the fat cells with minimal absorption in the dermis allowing for a safe and effective treatments for all skin types. The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose, without any damage to the dermal tissue. The damaged adipocytes will be absorbed and removed gradually by the body’s inflammatory process and the volume of fat in the treatment area will decrease slowly over time. Patients can expect to see results in approximately 6 weeks with optimal results seen in 12 weeks. If you feel like you have not seen any visible reduction in fat, then my suggestion would be to go in for a secondary treatment of SculpSure on the same treatment spots. SculpSure treatments are safe to be repeated every 6 weeks. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Patient selection is critical with Sculpsure

To date, all our patients have had results with Sculpsure, this is because we go through a rigorous process of patient selection. Example, patient expectations, BMI, focal loss vs general reduction, exception of results, contouring vs non- contouring, skin tightening vs fat reduction. 

I realise your height and weight, but the BMI index as I mentioned above, is also modified (as someone can be very muscular and have lower fat) and still have a BMI greater than 30. We also take into consideration your muscle mass. 

Several issues-

1. Was the treatment performed correctly, what level were used. 0.9 is the base line (lowest for Sculpsure), higher levels will give better results. 

2. Some patients see results in 4 weeks, others in 10 weeks and beyond. So early days. 

3. We standardised measurements done. We always take photos, measure up and in some cases record with a pinch test with callipers. This gives accurate data. 

4. In some cases Sculpsure may not be the treatment of choice. Not all patients are suitable for non invasive body contouring such as Sculpsure or Coolsculpting. Invasive procedure as as liposuction - Vaser maybe required. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

SculpSure and results

SculpSure is not recommended for people whose body mass index is at or above 30.  There is just too much "target tissue" to see noticeable results.  You might benefit from another round of SculpSure, but if you did not see any result from the first treatment, I would probably recommend a different approach, maybe liposuction or CoolSculpting instead.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

When you should see results with SculpSure?

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you aren't seeing any results. In my practice, I will assess the patient and then, using the treatment frames as a guide, I'll mark them and take photos. I will also do measurements of the area, and the patient is weighed. Most patients start to see a result at around weeks 3-6, but sometimes it can take up to 3 months to see the final results. Also, if patients can handle it, I will turn up the settings a bit as the effects are more impressive (typically) with higher settings. I'll have the patients come back at 2 months post-procedure and take measurements and compare photos. While SculpSure does work very well, different types of fat my not be as amenable to treatment - and you may require more than 1 treatment to obtain the results you desire. Best of luck!