Will my breasts will become larger when the implants settle? I asked for 500cc implants but they look the same

I was a small C cup before but my breasts were oblonged shaped and "deflated" from breastfeeding. After the surgery, I'm still a small C and the only difference is that they are rounder and don't sag. The Dr hasn't told me yet what size implant he used and said the swelling will go down but they won't get bigger. I'm absolutely heartbroken for spending all this money and going through all this pain for breasts that are the same size as before. I said I wanted a D-DD

Will my breasts look bigger?

You just had surgery so truthfully it is way too soon to make any final judgements or form any conclusive opinions about your post-operative result.  That being said 500 cc implants are very large implants and I am confident that they will make your breasts look at least two cup sizes larger than they were preoperatively.  But, that being said, ultimately they absolutely will not be any bigger than they are now and in fact will likely be smaller once the swelling resolves in the next 2-3 weeks.  Best of luck.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. You will not lose any volume but the way your implant sits on your chest wall will change, and can result in different ‘fills’ to your bra.  Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Size

You are very early in your healing and need to give yourself time for the implants to settle, your tissue relax, and the swelling subside. When you go back to your surgeon, ask what size he used. Please discuss any concerns you have with him.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Size after Breast Augmentation and Lift #breastaugmentation #breastlift

• It's much too early to tell what your final breast appearance will be.
  • Currently, most of your breast implant is riding high.
  • With time, over the course of a month or two, your implants will settle into place and stretch out the lower pole breast skin.
  • This all takes time, so try to be patient!  Chances are you'll be very happy with your final results!
  • 500 cc implants are by no means small!  You'll definitely notice a difference!
  • Thanks for sharing!

Will my breasts will become larger when the implants settle?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Although it is difficult to determine whether you could have had a larger breast implant utilized, it is probable that your plastic surgeon used as large of a breast implant that he/she felt comfortable using given that you were undergoing the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery.

Generally speaking (for the benefit of future patients considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery), patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.
Also, patients undergoing the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that there are limits as to how large of an outcome can be achieved, given that breast lifting surgery does involve breast skin removal. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications.
In your case, everything considered, I would suggest ongoing time and patience; evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed six months down the line. If you still have concerns regarding breast size or symmetry long term, your plastic surgeon will likely be able to improve your outcome with revisionary breast surgery. Best wishes.