Fat loss after Ultherapy? If it doesn't cause fat loss, why do faces get so much narrower after treatment?

1) Fat loss--why do faces get thinner after ultherapy? 2) If you do lose fat permanently from Ultherapy, what are your options and how soon can you do them after the ultherapy? 3) If you decide to go ahead with a real facelift in the end, how long do you have to wait to get a facelift, fat grafting/etc. for lost facial fat? 4) Can you have fillers like sculptra, etc. after ultheraphy, and how long should you wait before getting fillers?

Volume loss with Ultherapy is not commonly observed

So many questions from 'American Canyon' area about volume loss after Ultherapy implies that perhaps the practitioner in this area is using a technique that is not typical for the proper technique used by most Ultherapy practitioners in the U.S.

Ultherapy uses B mode ultrasound and they call this Deep See technology where the focus of treatment is visualized to prevent collateral damage to fatty tissue. Perhaps this is what is being observed by the patients from this geographic area. 

Read my Ultherapy ebook on the link below. 

Dr Karamanoukian

Ultherapy and Face Thinnig and Face Lift

I suggest posting photos , ultherapy tightens skin and in essense then makes faces look thinner as the skin gets more tighter.  Fillers help compliment this.  You can do a face lift anytime after ultherapy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy

As far as we know based on thousands of patient experiences, Ultherapy does not case fat atrophy.  Thermage did occasionally.  In those cases, the loss is permanent.  Fat replacement or fillers should help replace the volume loss. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and fat loss

Ultherapy does not cause fat loss. Is it possible that someone may have soft tissue tightening after Ultherapy that achieves a contoured face, well yes, thats the point of doing Ultherapy. Ultherapy does not cause significant facial fat loss. Ultrasound mediated fat cavitation is well known but very limited in its fat reduction effect.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

No fat loss with Ultherapy

I have been using Ultherapy for several years now and have not seen fat loss. Aging is sometimes associated with fat loss in the face which is why fat grafting is commonly done with a face lift, and why Ultherapy is not really a nonsurgical facelift. 

Richard Baxter, MD