Can a brow lift raise the medial brow?

I looked at some pictures of brow lifts, and all of them seem to show a difference in the outer brow. I have really low medial brows that make me look angry all the time. My eyes would feel tired and my eyebrows heavy. How many millimeters can a brow lift raise the inner part of the brow? Thanks!

Brow Lift Can Raise Medial Part of Eyebrow

A brow lift is a good permanent solution to resolving your “angry” look. By lifting the muscles that are dragging down your brows, that should alleviate some of the tension you feel as well. Depending on your anatomy, you may need some Botox, too, to break the muscle's habit of contracting. I hope this helps.

Lift medial brow

A brow lift can definitely lift the medial brow.  The reason you see mostly lateral or outer brows being lifted is because that part of the brow tends to droop more in most people.  On occasion, someone (such as yourself) will present with medial brow droop and require more elevation medially.  The amount of elevation depends on how droopy the brow is and can range up to 5-6 mm with aggressive lifting.  Good luck on your search!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will a brow lift lift the medial brow?

Brow  lifts are generally customized to the individual patient. With both endoscopic and open brow lift differential amounts of tension and or skin removal can be placed for medial and lateral components. In addition the corrugator muscles in the medial brow can be partially removed to further lift the brow  Your best option is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in brow lift surgery. Express your concerns and he will be able to explain the options for achieving your optimal results 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. A brow lift will lessen the creases that have developed on your forehead that make you look angry. These wrinkles are high up on the bridge of the nose and are often called frown lines. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss brow lifts. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a brow lift raise the medial brow?

Hi, absolutely a Brow Lift can be performed to lift the medial portion of the brows in addition to the lateral (outer portions).  Lifting the outer portions of the eyebrows is the primary indication for the procedure but that doesn't mean that the medial segment can't be raised as well (it's just raised much less as described below). I have performed many Brow Lifts over the past 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face would help evaluate the eyebrow position.  If the eyebrows are significantly low, compared to the desired aesthetic position, an open (Coronal Brow Lift) remains the "gold standard" by which all other brow lifting techniques are measured.  The issue with an endoscopic brow lift is that it requires some method of tissues suspension (hooks, screws, sutures or threads) and while one point of fixation can be achieved using the bone of the skull, the brow tissues are much softer allowing any suspension technique to ultimately pull through which will release the lifting effects.  The Coronal Brow Lift, on the other hand, trims excess, loose scalp created by the lifting process which holds the brows in the elevated, lifted position.  The Coronal Brow Lift can be modified to allow placement of the mid forehead first (eliminates the raised forehead), followed by individual adjustments to the level of each portion (inner and outer) of each eyebrow.  The eyebrow can be divided into an inner (by the nose) and outer (by the ear) segment with an imaginary vertical line drawn through the outer colored portion of the eye separating the two. The inner segments depicts "emotion" (low is angry, properly positioned is "neutral" and overly raised is "surprised").  Typically, raising the inner segment 1 to 2 mm's is enough to remove the "angry" look from that section of the brow.  The outer segment is the "beauty" portion of the brow and should be approximately 1 fingers width above the orbital rim to create an aloud shaped, feminine eye.  While an endoscopic procedure may loose it's results from the fixation method giving way, the Coronal Brow Lift should last 10, 15 years or more.  Either procedure can be repeated however a previously performed endoscopic Brow Lift can't be converted to the more reliable Coronal Brow Lift due to the placement of the incisions used in the endoscopic technique.Hope this helps.

Can a Brow Lift Raise the Medial Brows?

Absolutely. All row lifts are individualized for every patient depending on their brow position, brow shape, and the location of the hairline. All or part of the brow can be elevated. If you have a low hairline an endoscopic procedure,which will raise the hairline, is appropriate. If you need to maintain your hairline position or lower it I recommend the Irregular Trichophytic Hailine Incision technique that we described many years ago. If you select this approach look closely at the hairline because the incision should be hidden by hair growing through it after the surgery.

Can a brow lift raise the medial brow?

An experienced surgeon should be able to perform a brow lift that will emphasize the medial brow, lateral brow or both as desired. With proper technique as high an elevation as desired should be obtained.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a brow lift raise the medial brow?

Dear Mernada911A brow lift can re-position your eyebrows. AN open brow lift can lift your medial brows by 10mm if needed. During the procedure, your corrugator muscles can be de-bulked and that can help the angry look. Although you will have return of some motion, it will be less intense and the brows will sit higher. The type of brow lift will be based on your anatomy and goals. Look for an experienced and properly trained Plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Browlift to raise the medial brow.

Browlift to raise the medial brow. yes this will eliminate your angry look. If your hairline is low=endoscopic Browlift. If high hairline=Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift done at hairline so not to raise hairline. This is a procedure we invented and make sure u see a very experienced surgeon who can show u examples of his hairline results No scar should be seen as hair grows thru the scar. 

Dear Mernada911, A browlift can lift the medial brow. The amount of lift will depend on your anatomy to ensure a natural looking appearance that helps open the eyes and removes the angry tired look patients complain about. Personally I use an endoscopic technique on most patients allowing the patient to have no tell tale signs of surgery as the incisions are hidden in the hairline. An example of brow lifts is shown on the video above and the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD