Would fillers help lift hooded eyes?

My eyes aren't EXTREMELY hooded but I definitely do have hooded eyes. I want to get fillers for my dark dark circles and I was wondering if it would lift/reduce the hoods above my eyes. Especially considering I have dark circles under my eye and on the eyelid (so I'm guessing I'd have to get a "filler" under my eye and above?) anyways, would this lift my hoods up at all? I mean I know fillers can help with puffiness too.. If not, is there a non surgical eyelid lift?

Fillers and Botox to reduce eyelid hooding

Hi.  In my experience, the combination of both Botox and a filler (I prefer Restylane) can reduce eyelid hooding.  The filler can be placed under the eyebrow, and sometimes, in the upper eyelid itself.

Filler for hooded eyelids

Generally I would not recommend fillers for hooding in the eyes, as this can add weight to the eyelid and make the problem worse.  There are some patients who have some hollowing in the area under the brow that can benefit from filler, but generally hooding is best treated by either upper blepharoplasty, brow lifting, or possibly both.  Unfortunately, there are not a lot of effective non-surgical options for lifting the eyelid.  Botox, when done right, can give a mild lift of the brow, but if you have excess upper eyelid skin (rather than eye brow ptosis) this will not be very beneficial.  Consultation and a thorough exam of the eye complex would be best to recommend the appropriate treatment.  Best of luck. 

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler injection and eyebrows

Filler injection into the temples and along the eyebrow fat pad (ROOF - retroorbicularis oculi fat) maybe used to raise the eyebrow and in some cases may also help with lid laxity. Treatments such as Ultherapy and Thermage can also help raise the brow and possibly improve the eye lids. The definitive treatment, however, for upper eyelid laxity is a blepharoplasty. If surgery is not an option, I would recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector. If surgery is an option, then consider a plastic surgery consultation.