Alcohol After Breast Implants?

I had my breast implants for almost 20 days and just wondering would that be harmful or would it cause a capsular contracture if I drink too much alcohol (Like I black out sometimes)? and also I'm on accolate as well! Thanks for answer :)

Alcohol and augment

Sensible drinking (a glass or two) if you are no longer on pain medication or antibiotics should be fine. However, drinking to the point of blacking out is just unacceptable under any circumstances. This is way more than social drinking and I would suggest that you see a physician or counselor about it.

Drinking after breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. At three weeks, if your swelling is pretty much gone and you are not requiring any pain medication, then some alcohol is probably fine (but not to the point where you pass out).  If you have still have considerable swelling, then you may find that alcohol prolongs the swelling period. In addition, if you are requiring any medication to help manage discomfort or antibiotics, then I would also avoid alcohol.
Also check with your surgeon to make sure that you are good to go.

Alcohol After Breast Implants

Accolate and alcohol are a bad mix. Accolate users are advised not to consume alcohol ( excess drowsiness and seizure risk).  I don't think having had breast surgery 3 weeks ago adds to the already unacceptable mix. No one would suggest drinking to the point of blacking out. 

Don't drink alcohol with prescription medications

Don't drink alcohol while taking prescription medications.  If you are off all of your prescriptions from surgery then a drink or two shouldn't be harmful but you should discuss this with your surgeon first.  Getting drunk to the point of blacking out is unacceptable and dangerous and shows that your drinking it out of control.  If this is the case you need professional help.  Please check with your family, primary care doctor, your surgeon, or your local hospital/ER to get the advice needed to help with your problem.  Best of luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol after Breast Augmentation?

Not a good idea to mix alcohol and medications such as Accolate. If you feel that you drink “too much alcohol” you may need professional help… I would respectfully suggest that you seek support from your friends and family.

Drinking in Moderation after Breast Augmentation

Drinking may not have any effect on capsular contracture.  However, drinking for than a drink or two at a time can cause numerous health issues, which no doctor would recommend as appropriate.

Recovery and Alcohol

Responsible drinking almost a month after a procedure should be okay, however, combining alcohol and medication is never a good mixture, especially if black-outs occur. It is not recommended that you combine Accolate and alcohol, especially if you are on pain medication.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Alcohol

you should not be drinking while taking narcotics or other medications. Over use of alcohol has detrimental long term side effects

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Alcohol after Breast Implants

Once you are off pain medication, RESPONSIBLE alcohol intake is fine with breast augmentation.  Drinking until you "black out" can be a problem completely unrelated to breast augmentation.  While this may not cause a problem with your breast implants, it can have other health risks that you may want to discuss with a primary care doctor or other counselor.  Best of luck and be safe.

Alcohol and post-op surgery

For my patients, I recommend not drinking any alcohol if they are taking pain meds. I would check with your doctor but a glass of wine on occasion a three weeks after surgery should not be a problem.