Will a 470cc extra high profile implant achieve a look similar to this? (Photo)

Hoping to achieve a natural looking full breast. I completely trust my plastic surgeon and based off the sizers I tried, I liked the profile of the 450cc sizer and have been recommended 470cc extra high profile. After googling this size of implant I've come across some very natural looking and some very fake looking breast, just want to make sure I'm making the best choice. Thx

Will a 470 cc high-profile implant achieve a look similar to this?

Thank you very much for your question.It is my humble opinion that a 470 cc implant will never create a natural appearing breast.Although we may both find that size to be attractive, it is certainly utilizing an implant at the larger end of the spectrum, which will create a result that is less natural in my humble opinion.I wish you the best of luck!

Will a 470cc extra high profile implant achieve a look similar to this

more often than not, a extra high profile implant will look a bit unnatural as normal breasts are not that projected and narrow at the same time. I think a shaped implant might give you something similar to the photo you posted as there is a natural slope to that breast.

Julio Garcia, MD

Will a 470cc extra high profile implant achieve a look similar to this?

Although implants in the 475-500cc range may be good for you, since you like the look of a 450cc sizer and you appear to have the skin laxity that will accommodate a large implant while still achieving a natural look, I think that an extra high profile implant may give you a less natural and much more projecting shape than you are looking for. You would probably get a more natural result, more like the goal photo you shared, from  moderate plus or high profile implant, depending on which implant width in that size better matches the width of your breast.

Unable to predict if you will look exactly as what you desire

as the sizing is only designed to give you an idea of what volume you will have.  Implant style (mod profile/high profile etc) is then selected based on your breast dimensions and if needing any diminishment of your space between the mounds.  When my patients size with unlined bras, I prefer to add 10% to the volume which would bring you closer to 500 cc's but the 30 cc's difference is not considered significant.

Curtis Wong, MD

Ultra high or "extra" high profile breast implants tend to create overprojecting breasts that do not appear natural. If you are trying to achieve more natural appearing breasts you may want to ask your surgeon about implants with less projection, such as moderate plus or maybe high profile implants. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best of luck with your breast augmentation.

Gregory Park, MD

470 CC extra high profile

Thank you for  your question.I think you will achieve the results you wish or maybe larger. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam. It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS. Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Unfortunately, without a physical exam, it is difficult to say if a specific implant will result in a similar look as your "wish photo".  Be sure to try the implants on in a bra.  This will give you a good idea as to how they will look and also how heavy they will feel.  Ask your surgeon if you might benefit from a breast lift as well.  An extra high implant may look a little more fake than you might like.   Ask to see a somewhat smaller implant (either high profile or moderate plus profile) as well.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.  

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Keep in mind the so " called" natural looking breast begins with an optimal breast shape pre-operatively. You seem to be close to this. Once the implant is placed, if the pocket is made correctly, and is maintained as such, the natural look can be preserved. If the pocket is smaller than it should be and or if the body shrinks the pocket- you may develop the unnatural look. It appears in my opinion- your decision and choices may achieve your goals.

Ultra-high profile implants

Ultra-high profile implants will often lead to a very unnatural result and risk of complications in augmentation.  Ultra-high profile implants are generally reserved for breast reconstruction after mastectomy. An implant of this size may place you at a higher risk for capsular contracture and need for further procedures.  If you are unsure of your recommendation, it would be important to get a second opinion.  All good surgeons welcome second opinions.  It is important that you are seeing a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on your goal picture, I think a lower profile implant may be a more appropriate recommendation.  I think an extra high profile will supply you with too much breast projection, and a less natural shape than what it appears that you want.  An in-person examination is critical to choosing the best implant based on several key breast parameters, while allowing an opportunity to determine the need of a breast lift at the time of the augmentation to achieve the best outcome.  I would recommend you continue to speak with your surgeon to voice your concerns.