Is this normal 4 days post op to have a weird shape and nipples being so close together? (Photos)

I guess I would like to know that if the way they look after surgery just 4 days is normal? My nipples seem really close together and cone shaped. I have 415cc in the left and 450cc in the right due to less tissue in the left breast. I was a 34C before surgery and they are over the muscle. Just want to know if how they look is normal??

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still fairly early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing a more natural appearance and more fullness at the bottom of the breast.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would also continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is this normal 4 days post op to have a weird shape and nipples being so close together?

Thank you for your question. You look appropriate for your post op period. Actually look really good. Please follow instructions from your PS 

You look great. I don't see anything abnormal in your result. Be patient, and don't micro-manage this post-operative experience. It will be months before you see the final result.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Your results will be determined after the next few weeks.  Currently there is swelling and artificial positioning secondary to taping.  Your results do look nice and they will improve as the implants settle in.  Follow your surgeons recommendations and looks like you are on your way to a great result!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Your result looks normal for this early after surgery.  Understand that it will take at least 3 months for the implants to normalize and the taping on the bottom of the breast is pushing them together and causing this appearance.  Please follow with your plastic surgeon.

Post op

Thank you for your question. It is very normal to have a different shape or look early on then what it will look like in the long run. Your surgeon will likely have you start massaging and as they settle you should be happy. Good luck and wish you the best.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Is this normal 4 days postop to have a weird shape and nipples that are so close together?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your pictures alone it appears that you are healing well and your current results are expected.  Due to swelling of your chest skin, breast tissue and muscle, your implants are being held flat and high against your chest.  As this swelling resolves you will see a gradual "dropping" of the implant and rounding out of the lower portion of the breast to leave you with a more natural appearing result.  I know waiting is difficult, but hang in there, it looks like you will have a nice result.

this normal 4 days post op to have a weird shape and nipples being so close together?

Based on your pictures, things look pretty normal for a couple of days out. You should allow around 6 months for the implants to settle. Things will change a good bit during that time so it's hard to base anything recommendation so early. I would urge you to discuss with your plastic surgeon whether or not they want you to start implant massages. We typically start this about 2-3 weeks post op. I hope this helps.

Nipples too close

From looking at your photos you seem to be doing fine.It will take more time for everything to settle down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon