After Breast Implants Taking off Tape?

1 week and 2 days after ba my ps said can take tape off today. Incisions look fine just wondering if there is something else I need to do? They are under breast fold. Antibiotic cream? Buy more scar tape? And can I wipe the sticky tape residue off with a warm wash cloth?

Breast aug incision tape

We like for tape to stay on for a couple weeks if possible.  The paper tape helps the incision heal flat and nicely as it takes some of the tension off the incision.  You can apply a scar gel like SkinMedica Scar Gel over the tape and the gel will sink in and allow for the properties to take effect.  Once the tape is removed, we recommend using the SkinMedical Scare Gel twice a day for 6 months to allow for the best scarring possible.  

Scar and Wound Management After Breast Augmentation

For every surgeon who answers, you are likely to get a different answer.  This should tell you that in the end, it really does not matter.  Your body will usually heal up very well no matter what.  That said, you should follow the directions that you were given and if not you might check with your surgeon.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Stick to your surgeon's recommendations for post-op maintenance.

Just like implant type and procedure preferences, every surgeon has their own method of post-op maintenance and care. Follow your surgeon's post-operative instructions and don't hesitate to follow up with additional concerns or questions. It sounds like you're doing well. Gently cleaning areas and applying scar ointment is common practice, but don't get carried away with too many additional oils or lotions.

Contact your surgeon regarding post-operative instructions.

It’s important to follow your surgeon’s post-operative routine and instructions following surgery. If you have questions regarding post-operative care you shouldn’t hesitate to contact your surgeon.
In our practice, we usually leave Steri-Strips in place for 2 to 3 weeks following breast augmentation.After 3 weeks, we remove the Steri-Strips and start local wound care.In most cases, we recommend massage of the scars.This is often combined with Vitamin E ointment or Mederma.
It’s important to realize that each surgeon has his own post-operative routine.For this reason, it’s important to follow your surgeon’s directions closely.

You Appear to Be Healing Beautifully; Continue to Follow Your Surgeon's Instructions

This is a very understandable question. Thank you for putting it in front of the Real Self community. Every surgeon advises on his or her own post-op care instructions. Thus, the first line of action is to follow your surgeon's recommendation. Your relationship with your plastic surgeon doesn't end on day of surgery, as you know. The practice and the surgeon follow you through your post-op process. Following their recommendations is important!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Do you need to use scar products after surgery?

You should always ask your surgeon but I am not a fan of such products as the scars usually heal fine.  I suggest such products only if poor scarring is appreciated or if scar revisions are done.  Otherwise my philosophy is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and only the manufacturers of such products benefit when it becomes routine to use.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tape off of breast incision

I usually like my patients to wear the tape for 3-6 weeks. It is best to ask you surgeon what he prefers.

After Breast Implants Taking off Tape?

Specific questions such as these are often addressed in your preop packet. Otherwise a call to your surgeon is more appropriate, as each surgeon will have his/her own particular instructions. 

All the best.