How often can you get an Active FX treatment?

Active FX Treatments

When undergoing Active FX treatments, it is best to wait at least two months if you are treating scars and four to six months if you are treating wrinkles.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Active Fx can be repeated

Active Fx can be repeated to enhance the results but treatments of this type are usually once not in a series like some chemical peels are done

Frequency of treatments for Active FX

The frequency of treatment of Active FX is based on the depth of therapy and recovery time.  You will want to wait until your skin has fully peeled, healed and redness resolved.  This can take one to two weeks for a lighter treatment up to 3-4 months for a deeper treatment.  Your doctor should evaluate you to determine if you are ready and need another treatment.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Active FX

While it does depend on your exact case, most people will want to get 3-5 treatments to see ideal results. Your skin type, skin condition, and other factors will help your doctor determine the right number of treatments for you. As long as you take care of your skin and protect it from sun exposure, you should be happy with your results for quite some time. We often combine the Active Fx with the Deep Fx for one stronger single treatment, lasting 3 -5 years. This will require about one week of downtime, but some patients prefer this because excellent results are seen with only one treatment.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How Often Can You Get an ActiveFX Treatment?

Thanks for your question – ActiveFX is a superficial CO2 fractional laser treatment for the skin – to treat wrinkles or scars on the skin. On occasion with this, it will take more than one treatment to maximize the results from this laser. If multiple treatments are needed, I will usually wait 3-6 months in between treatments, depending upon what I am treating and the clinical results from the previous treatments.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Active FX

Thank you for your question. Once a year to 18 months, depending on the level of treatment.I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon