Is Abdominal Swelling Normal After CoolSculpting?

I had Cool Sculpting done three days ago...the large device on my lower abdomen and small one on upper abdomen. My abdomen is noticibly swollen. I have actually gained about 1.5 lbs even tho I am eating less and healthier. Is this temporary water gain from swelling normal?

Swelling after Zeltiq CoolSculpting is normal

Although it is considered to have minimal down time, Zeltiq CoolSculpting chills the fat and causes the fat cells to die. This creates inflammation which helps the body get rid of fat cells. Swelling and bruising can occur. It may last for a few weeks and improves on its own.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Post Treatment Swelling

Post inflammation is not uncommon especially if treated in the abdomen. Some patients may experience mild swelling, tenderness and nerve pain that feels like pins and needles. Though this can be uncomfortable for some it will self resolve within a couple weeks.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Abdominal swelling after CoolSculpting

Yes, swelling can occur after CoolSculpting.  This usually resolves in a few weeks.  Having said that, it is perfectly fine to check in with your board certified plastic surgeron's office and let them know what is going on with you.  Each office is different, (some like compression garments, etc.).  They will help guide you thorugh the process.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting and recovery

The swelling after Cool Sculpting is normal.  I would recommend an exam after the treatment.  I also use simple things snug fitting clothing like spanks or my personal favorite and abdominal waist binder.

Swelling after Zeltiq

Greetings~

It is definitely not unusual to have swelling after Zeltiq.  Swelling can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.  Some patients may also have bruising and tenderness in the treated areas, some numbness, tingling, pins and needles-like sensation...these are all quite normal. If you feel the swelling is excessive or it persists more than a few weeks, follow up with the office that treated you so they can advise you. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Post Coolsculpting swelling

It is not uncommon to have swelling after Coolsculpting. I would suggest that you wait 2-3 weeks and typically this resolves otherwise discuss with your physician.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after CoolSculpting

Swelling after the CoolSculpting procedure is absolutely normal and may last several weeks after treatment.

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Side Effects

Yes, it is a common side effect to have abdominal swelling after CoolSculpting. I would suggest you wait 2-3 weeks and this typically resolves. Always remember compression can be used to help reduce this.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Swelling After Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an amazing procedure especially for the abdominal area.  Because the area is "frozen", some patients due experience a degree of swelling or discomfort in the abdominal area.  This swelling should resolve in about a week. If you are concerned or very uncomfortable you should return to your treating physician for examination.

Swelling after CoolSculpting treatment

Swelling after treatment is normal. Everyone is different and will have a different response with severity and duration of the swelling. If the swelling doesn’t subside within a few weeks, you should consult the treating physician.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon