Ideal Breast Cup Size my Frame?

What is the best cup size for a body frame of 5 ft, 130 lbs with a cup size of 38DDD? Also, I'm 23 years old.

Ideal cup size after Breast Reduction to match frame

Clearly a shorter woman (5 ft, 130 lbs) with a cup size of 38DDD is VERY top heavy and a lot of this excess breast weight CAN be removed for a better more attractive figure.

BUT -- everyone has different ideas on what constitutes a "perfect" appearance. This varies by sex, ethnicity, social class, age and geographic location. To give you an example, while Latin women may prefer fuller breasts, European women often consider cup sizes of full C and above as too big).

YOU should be the determining factor of what you want. As a general guideline, I would suggest that for an ideal hourglass shape, a vertical line drawn from the sides of the breasts downward should be the same as the line drawn from the sides of the hips upwards. If the breast line is wider - you will look bustier - if it is narrower - you will look smaller.

Good Luck.

Breast reduction should leave you with small C cup.

Hi.

Remember, I have not examined you, and this is just an estimate based on my pretty big experience.  But I would recommend aiming for a small C cup after breast reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

What size for breast reduction

Comfort should guide the decision in part about what size is best for you.  Without examining you, or seing a picture, for that matter, I would think that a small C cup would be the best for you.

Best of luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Ideal cup size varies

There is no ideal cup size. If you are only 5 feet tall, then anything larger than a D cup will make you top heavy. Consider how much your breasts are interfering with exercise or activity as well as what look you want to achieve. It is not possible to guarantee a specific cup size, but a breast reduction yields many benefits for women like you who may suffer from shoulder pain and intertrigo.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Cup Size

There is no ideal cup size. Only you can determine your ideal cup size. If you undergo a breast reduction which is covered by insurance, you will probably need to go to the C/D range. If you are paying for your surgery, you can tell your surgeon the cup size that you desire. However, there is no guarantee that this can be achieved exactly.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Ideal cup size after breast reduction

Thank you for your excellent question but unfortunately there is no definite answer.

It is important that you have a long discussion with your plastic surgeon about what your goals from the surgery are. A breast reduction procedure involves not just removing breast tissue but moving the nipple to a new position. Your surgeon must leave enough breast tissue behind that the blood supply and nerve supply to the nipple are preserved. For this reason, there is a limit to how small a breast can be made on the day of surgery.

On the other hand, if you are not desiring an "as small as possible" breast after surgery, it is important that your surgeon understands what your cosmetic goals are. All patients say they want to be "in proportion", but what that actually means is different for different people. A detailed conversation with your plastic surgeon is essential to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Damian Marucci, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

The ideal breast size is determined by the individual. There are some factors to consider, if your breast are very large and you are a little person, problems can a rise. The more we age, the weight of the breasts can affect the neck, back, and shoulders resulting in pain. Also what look do you want to obtain in clothing- bathing suit or tank top? Also your profession plays a role, are you on your feet a lot and the breasts weigh you down? When women come to me for breast reduction, a C is usually a good size unless the specify smaller. Good luck!!!

Maria M. LoTempio, MD, FACS

Ideal breast size

The ideal breast cup size varies from woman to woman. Every woman has a different idea in her mind of how she wants her breasts to look, and therefore it is hard to tell you what size is best for you without examining you in person and hearing what you envision as the best breast size for yourself. You want breasts that are in balance with the rest of your body, which is probably much smaller than a 38DDD for you. I recommend consulting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon, so you can get an answer that is truly correct for you!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

The ideal breast size after a reduction

Boy, that's a tough question.  Certainly smaller than you are!!  As others have already commented, ideal breast size and shape is a cultural and individual preference.  Most American women seem to want to be a C in my experience and some a D.  Most women with breasts your size have functional issues with back and neck pain and have a much better quality of life reducing the size of their breasts.  The size is important that you end up with but most women with such large breasts are so thrilled with either a C or D after a reduction. A board certified plastic surgeon can answer these questions best and would be a great place to start for information.  

Matthew H. Conrad, MD
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

C Cup is Average.

The average American cup size is C.   

You can work with your plastic surgeon to discuss your goals.  
Most women request C cup, but it is perfectly OK to ask for a D or a B, as long as you satisfy the insurance company requirements.