Dysport in the Same Quantity As Botox for the Same Result?

Should I have the same number of Dysport units as Botox for the same results?

Difference between Dysport and Botox

Abdolutely not. You should require about 2.5 times the dose. For example 10 units of Botox is roughly equivalent to 25 units of Dysport. 20 Units of Botox compares with 50 units of Dysport. There may be some differences in length of time to onset, longevity of results, and diffusion patterns once injected.

Dysport Units and Botox Units Are Not the Same

Hi,

Dysport and Botox units do not equally correspond to each other. In fact, there is no specific magic ratio of comparing the two. They are both excellent botulinium toxin neuromuscular regulators, but their units have been established in separate labs using different experiemental animals, etc.

The ratios that are often quoted are 1 unit of Botox Cosmetic is "equivalent" to 2.5 to 3 units of Dysport. These are estimates for physicians to be able to approximate how much Dysport to use in certain areas. It has been shown that the ratio can be variable between patients as well as in different areas on the same patient's face.

Choose your injecting physician carefully.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

No, Botox and Dysport require different numbers of units to achieve the same results.

No, Botox and Dysport require different numbers of units to achieve the same results. The usual ratio of Dysport to Botox is 2.5 or 3:1. Dysport is usually cheaper per unit than Botox, so the price tends to average out to be about the same.

No, the number of units required are different between Botox and Dysport.

No, the number of units required are different between Botox and Dysport. Generally, the ratio of Dysport to Botox for the same effect is 2.5 or 3:1. However, practices take this into account when pricing, so the cost for Dysport or Botox should be approximately the same. Always make sure to have your injections done by a board-certified dermatologist with experience using these treatments.

Dysport requires more units than Botox

No, the number of units required for the same effect are different for Botox and Dysport. Dysport will require more units; generally, we find that around a 2.5:1 ratio of Dysport to Botox will provide equivalent results. Your dermatologist should be able to let you know how many units of Dysport vs Botox you would need to accomplish your desired results. 

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox versus Dysport

I use both Botox and Dysport interchangeably in my practice. I often encouraged both my patients to use both Botox and Dysport so they feel confident that both treatments work just as effectively. I do notice that Dysport may onset a little faster with the dosing that I use. I also charge the same per region for either product. The makers of Botox and Dysport often have promotions or rebates, and I do which works out best for my patients at that particular visit.
As far as dosing goes, Dysport does require more units than Botox. As far as effective pricing per area, it is the same in my practice .

Botox vs. Dysport units

There is a 3:1 ratio in terms of efficacy between the two types of neurotoxins. 300 units of Dysport will equate to 100 units of Botox.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Dysport Units vs Botox Units

The number of units required for Dysport is different than the number of units required for Botox. The conversion is usually 2.5-3 Dysport units to 1 Botox unit. The usual amount recommended for Botox at the glabella is 20 units and with Dysport it is 50 units. The cost is very similar despite the unit conversion.

Dsyport units and Botox units

Dysport units and Botox units do not equal each other.  In fact, one unit of Botox is equivalent to 2.5 to 3 units of Dysport.  

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Dysport and Botox Effective for Wrinkles in Equivalent Concentrations

Botox and Dysport offer similar results for wrinkle reduction. Botox is dispensed in a 100 unit vial; Dysport is dispensed in a 300 unit vial. Their equivalency (strength comparison) is 1 unit Botox: 3 units Dysport, approximately.