Buying Botox Online Without a Prescription?

I have came across a website selling Botox without prescription. Has anyone bought Botox through the site? Is it safe?

Botox Online

Botox Cosmetic is a prescription drug from the Allergan company. If it is any other product it could be the wrong concentration, impure or unsafe. It has to be kept frozen and handled a certain way, including reconstituted correctly. What would you do with it if you really could get it? Inject yourself? I certainly would recommend against fooling around with a drug like this. Handled correctly with an experienced injector it is great. In the wrong hands or with the wrong product it could be a disaster.

Florham Park Oculoplastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Buy? Maybe. Inject yourself? No Way

There are actually a bunch of reputable sites that distribute grey market botox online.  Its sourced abroad, its entirely authentic, and its less than 1/2 the cost of US botox, like almost all pharmaceuticals which are way more expensive in the US than abroad (unfair but true).

I use botox a lot for pelvic floor pain and a lot of my patients get their botox this way and when they bring it in its entirely real and works correctly.

That said, just because you can get it doesn't mean you know how to inject it.  You need a skilled trained doctor or practitioner to correctly inject botox.  For cosmetics, almost 100% of the time that doc is going to be providing US sources Allergan botox.  When you are using botox for medical reasons that might be covered by insurance is where you sometimes start sourcing differently.

I see all these answers saying that any botox sourced online is fake.  They are generally not right about this, any more than Canadian pharmacies selling into the US are selling fake antihypertensives and so forth.  That said, it has to be transported correctly to be effective and with the wrong sources its potentially possible that their could be counterfeits.  Pretty much any cosmetic surgeon is not going to inject what you bring in, and you should never inject yourself.  But for some of the medical botox indications that aren't covered by insurance, I think its fine to do this.

Nicholas Fogelson, MD
Portland OB/GYN

Last contacted 1 month ago

It is not safe or legal to buy Botox for yourself online

It is absolutely not safe (or legal) to buy Botox online without a prescription. Botox, although it has become very common in recent years, is still a prescription grade medication that should only be injected by a very skilled, board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The potential consequences of trying to inject yourself or a friend are too high to risk. Plus, who knows if the “Botox” sold online is actually Botox or not? It could be a knockoff and could be actively dangerous. There are many horror stories of people who have tried to inject themselves with product sold online and ended up in the hospital or worse. If you are considering Botox, please only have it done with a legitimate professional.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Buying Botox online for home use - not recommended

Thank you for your question. I would not buy or administer your Botox online as it will not be a reputable source. In addition, there is a lot of education and training that is required to inject Botox. Please refer to a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to do your injections.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Last contacted 2 hours ago

Do Not Buy Botox Online

Botox is only legally available to purchase by licensed medical professionals through the manufacturer. It should only be dispensed and injected by a medical professional. It is highly unlikely that the product that is available online is genuinely Botox. For safety reasons, you should only receive Botox through your physician.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Last contacted 4 hours ago

Buying Botox online

I would not recommend buying Botox online. It is a prescription medication, which means you require a medical assessment by a licensed physician prior to treatment.

Who knows where the Botox online is from? Has it been stored properly? Is it expired? It is actually Botox and not a knockoff?  

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Last contacted 3 hours ago

In Australia, Botox is a Scheduled Drug and it can only be dispensed by a Prescription written and signed by a Doctor. It has to be kept refrigerated at all times to maintain its effect. Doctors can administer Botox, Nurses are allowed to Inject Botox only if they have been properly trained and supervised by a Doctor.  So ordering Botox online would not be advisable as one cannot verify the authenticity nor the safety of the Product.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Buying Botox Online Without a Prescription

This would be a cardinal error.  The products offered online are of dubious quality and sometimes unknown substances are substituted for Botox.  There have been numerous incidents of patients getting what they thought were Botox injections to find out later with disastrous results  that they were not Botox cosmetic but research grade Botox or other substances.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 month ago

Botox on line?

Botox is a FDA regulated drug.  Any person buying or selling it without being registered with the DEA is breaking the law and subject to penalties.  Do not buy Botox on line!!!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 hours ago

This is so illegal it's staggering!

Whatever this charlatan is selling, it's definitely not Botox. It may well be a botulinum toxin, but let's hope it's not. The dangers of injecting illegal so-called "botox Freeze" and these other products are almost too numerous to count, but include massive overdose and non-sterile packaging.

Think I'm just blowing smoke? The suckers in central Florida who tried a similar scam ended up with tracheostomies and were on ventilators for months when the "research-grade" botulinum toxin turned out to be a dose 500 times greater than what they thought they were injecting. Google "Bach McComb Eric Kaplan botox" for their story. Dr. McComb is doing a three-year stretch in prison now that he's off the ventilator.

Caveat emptor,

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 6 days ago