I am 67 years old. Am I too old for Coolsculpturing procedures?

Coolsculpturing and Age limit

There is no firm age limit for coolsculpting. Many older patients tolerate coolsculpting better than a surgical procedure. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers both coolsculpting and surgical options to determine what is the best treatment plan for you.

Coo sculpting an age

I think this is a huge advantage Cool Sculpting holds over surgery.  Yes I said that and I am a surgeon.  Cool Sculpting can be performed on a wider range of patients.  There is no need for sedation or being flap on a table such as an pertain would require.  As mentioned below you should have good general health.

CoolSculpting and age

As long as your doctors evaluates the areas of concern and deem them appropriate, you should have no trouble getting CoolSculpting.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Age and CoolSculpting

The most important determination for CoolSculpting is your overall health.  As long as there is no health problem that would prevent you from doing CoolSculpting, age is not a limiting factor.  I have done CoolSculpting on many patients in their 60's who have been very happy with the results.  It is important to remember that diet and healthy living go hand and hand with good results.

Yes you can be treated!

Yes, Coolsculpting is approved for patients over 65. As long as your overall health is stable and the treatment area has 1-2 inches of pinchable fatty tissue you may be treated.

Is 67 too old for CoolSculpting?

There is not an upper age limitation to having the CoolSculpting procedure, but  you would need to be examined to determine if you might be a good candidate for the treatment. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many people aged 65 and up have benefitted from great CoolSculpting results. Consult with your plastic surgeon to see if you have the type of fatty tissue needed for CoolSculpting to be effective. 

Is 67 too old for coolsculpting?

First of all, 67 is hardly old these days. That being said, many people your age and over have benefitted from coolsculpting, which selectively freezes fat and induces programmed cell death. It is a great modality to reduce fat in the abdomen and flanks.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is 65 too Old for CoolSculpting?

As long as you are in good health, CoolSculpting may be an excellent treatment for you! As a non-invasive treatment you will find stubborn pockets of fat start to disappear within a couple of weeks and continue to shrink for up to 8 weeks later. Most patients see a total reduction of 20% per treatment area. If needed a second treatment can be done within 2 to 3 months. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

CoolSculpting is also effective for non-invasive fat reduction after age 65.

Dear writer, CoolSculpting is also effective for non-invasive fat reduction after age 65. If you are a healthy person with the type of fatty tissue deemed to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting treatment, you should have very good results with this procedure. This has been our experienced after having performed over 7,000 CoolSculpting treatments to date. Please visit our website to see excellent results in women over 65. Best wishes from Miami, Dr. Bowes