How can you fix denting from Coolsculpting to abdomen?

I treated a fairly low-fat area with Coolsculpting (upper abs) and the result was a slight indentation right over my belly button, so it looks now like I have an upper ab fat bulge and a lower ab bulge. Though Zeltiq did result in fat loss, now I feel the fat distribution on my abs is uneven. Is there any way to rectify this? Compression garments?

Doctor Answers 3

How can you fix denting from coolsculpting to abdomen?

Coolsculpting induces programmed cell death by selectively freezing fat cells. In treating an area with minimal adipose tissue in an already slim person, there may be a risk of causing a concavity. You might consider consulting with the doctor who treated you about performing additional treatments to improve the symmetry and fat distribution. Compression garments would not help you.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews


Some indentations or irregularity are occasionally seen with Coolsculpting.  The way to remedy the situation is usually more Coolsculpting to blend in the irregular areas.  In our office, we also have the Vanquish and Exilis RF devices which could also be used to smooth out indentations though I think (without having seen the problem in real life) that additional Coolsculpting treatments would give the best result.  Certainly no need to resort to surgery or liposuction.  Good luck.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Fixing a Bulge with Coolsculpting

If the abdominal area has a fairly large area and there are different "bulges" that need to be treated, you may have a dent that requires additional coolscupting.  I would recommend you wait for least 6 months after the procedure and if it there is still a dent you should return to your treating physician for more cool sculpting to fix it.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.