I am 17 years old and I do not have enough fat for a Brazilian butt lift, so I would like implants?

Im tone& dont have a lot of fat and wouldnt like to gain weight for a Brazilian butt lift. Id really like to get butt implants. But Im wondering what the risks are? And how much is the total cost if I go to a great doctor? Do you need a certain amt of fat to get implants so that they don't show on the sides? If I pay in cash will I have to tell my parents? Id like to avoid telling them&just pay with my own money. Will I have to tell ppl if I get implants? I don't want anyone to know. Thank you!

Buttock implants for 17 y.o.

Although it sounds like you are indeed better suited for buttock implants compared to fat transfer, until you turn 18 y.o., you will need authorization/consent from at least one of your parents before you undergo any surgery.

Additionally, allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that
cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall
victim to this recommendation.Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can
rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the
larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also
fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at
least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is
less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help…

At 17, you would need consent from your parents. Even in thin patients, I can usually find enough fat to perform the Brazilian buttlift. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Butt Implants?

Thank you for your question! I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon who preforms these regularly.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel 
Double Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Butt implants at 17

Dear Joanna, Congratulation on your decision to have butt implants, because fat injection to the butts do not last beyond 6 - 12 months as I have seen in many of my patients who had fat injection to the butt by other plastic surgeons and came to my surgery center to hve butt implants surgery. Butt implants do not disappear and are very safe when done by an experienced plastic surgeon. With the implants you have the flexibilty of size and shape to you desire. In my opinion, based on hundreds of butt implants surgeries, the best method of butt implants surgery is oval round implants placed on top of the muscle and under the fascia. As far as your age you realy have to options : parents consent or wait until you are at the legal age of 18 and can make your own decision. In any event, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who are familiar with the above mentioned technique. Check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results. Best of luck, Dr Widder

Brazilian Butt Lift

At age 17 you are not a candidate for elective surgical procedure like Brazilian Butt Lift.

The only situation you may be considered for surgery is if you are an emancipated minor

Wants buttock implants

You are young and I don't want to be patronizing,but that said you would need your parents permission. Once 18 you can legally proceed, but its nice to have a support system and not to hide a big decision. Butoock implants are solid and not as soft as breast implants, so they may be discoverable if in an intimate situation. However it should not take away from the experience, as usually its a great benefit to your body. If the implants are sized well they should not show on the edges

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon