- BriteSmile (often written as Brite Smile) is a brand of professional in-office teeth whitening that markets itself as making your teeth, on average, seven shades lighter in about an hour.
- BriteSmile Teeth Whitening is a gel (15% hydrogen peroxide with a pH of 6.5) that is applied to your teeth. A special light source is directed onto the teeth to activate the gel and remove stains.
- At the completion of your one hour BriteSmile session, the dentist may suggest you wear a tray teeth whitening system for up to six months after your in-office treatment.
- Everyone responds differently to bleaching agents, but you're very likely to feel some level of extra tooth sensitivity after the whitening session.
- One other tooth whitening fact: your fillings and other dental restorations such as composite fillings, veneers, bonding, porcelain crowns or veneers will probably not whiten evenly (if at all) with your natural teeth.
Was this guide helpful? Thanks for your feedback
Still have questions about Brite Smile? Ask a doctor.