Platelet Rich Plasma - An All Natural Solution for Skin Rejuvenation
Would you be intrigued if I told you could have a smooth, glowing, more youthful-looking complexion by using products from your own blood? Well, you can - using Platelet Rich Plasma - PRP for short. PRP therapy has been used for years by elite athletes to quicken the healing process of sports injuries by stimulated new cell growth. New, and very exciting applications for PRP have been found in the world of facial aesthetics. It has gained a new popularity thanks to Kim Kardashian who used PRP on her face and raved about her results on social media. It has affectionately come to be known as the Vampire Facelift. So what makes PRP so “bloody” attractive? Let’s learn the facts.
What is PRP?
PRP is a skin rejuvenation procedure designed to improve the texture and tone of your skin. This is accomplished by using your own blood’s growth factors to stimulate new cell and collagen growth. It can be used to improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars, sun damage and dark circles under the eyes.
The PRP process is quick and simple.
1. A small amount of your blood is drawn into a special blood separator “test tube”.
2. The blood sample is then placed into a centrifuge and the plasma with the platelets and growth factors are separated out.
3. The platelet rich plasma is then extracted from the blood and strategically placed into specific locations of the face or applied topically after microneedling.
What are the benefits of PRP?
The best thing about PRP is that it is an all-natural therapy that allows you to use your own growth factors to revive and refresh the skin. By improving skin texture and lines, your skin will become smoother and more youthful. Additionally, because the therapy is organic, there is no risk of an adverse reaction to the therapy.
PRP has many aesthetic applications.
1. If you have a sunken, crepy appearance around your eyes, PRP can be injected to add volume and improve texture in the area.
2. Combining PRP with the EndyMed Intensif treatment can turbo-charge collagen growth and provide optimal results. EndyMed Intensif is a radiofrequency microneedling treatment that uses tiny gold-tipped needles to penetrate the skin followed immediately by a burst of intense radiofrequency to the dermis emitting heat which stimulates new collagen production. PRP is applied topically during the treatment so the collagen is getting a double dose of new growth stimulation. This results in smooth, even-toned skin, as well as beautiful, natural skin tightening.
3. Many people are pleased to hear that it has also been found to be effective in treating hair loss or alopecia. By interacting with dormant follicular units, it will stimulate new hair growth.
4. PRP can also stimulate new collagen growth and quicken the recovery time for facial plastic surgeries, including: Facelift, Brow Lift, Blepharoplasty, and Rhinoplasty.
Now you know one of the secrets of the stars – PRP. Use this versatile, all-natural, quick and effective solution to achieve beautiful, glowing skin and get ready for your close-up.