Years and Years of Botched Rhinoplasty and Revisions

I decided to have rhinoplasty performed by a...

I decided to have rhinoplasty performed by a surgeon whose claim to fame was being hailed by Donald Trump as the one he trusted to operate on his beauty pageant contestants. Another factor was the modest discount I received because of my own connections with that industry.

The doctor was very nice but his work was crap. In retrospect, I had a very beautiful tip that probably just needed to be raised. He cut into it and it looked off and crooked. Two revisions later and the tip took on a peculiar look as if it were just hanging off my nose. It drooped noticeably and crookedly. Every photo I took reflected this. He had attempted to fix the cartilage by piling more on it. As I said, my tip should not have been cut into in the first place.

I saved up and went to another doctor who was supposed to excellent with noses. Unfortunately, I did not heed his arrogance as a warning NOT to go with him. And while he may have been a decent surgeon for a primary rhino, he was WORSE than the initial surgeon. He performed a close rhino and narrowed my nostrils which I absolutely did not want done. I am not caucasian and he tried to give me a cookie cutter caucasian nose. But even worse? He totally F'd up my breathing! I have NEVER had breathing issues. To this day I still cannot breathe properly. Something inside my nose collapsed. I was so shocked to discover that all the mucus coming out of my nose wasn't a part of the recovery process but a result of the trauma inflicted on the insides. I hadn't realized this until a year later because I thought maybe it was still swollen from too many operations. Otherwise, I might have sued.

Aesthetically, the tip still drooped except now my nostrils were narrower and I could not breathe. I was SO angry I never went back.

Flash forward to 2006 and Beverly Hills, CA. Finally, a decent revision. Not perfect but the best nose job of them all. However, I was being nitpicky and wanted the bottom of the tip flatter. The doctor clipped cartilage from both sides using a closed technique. My nose is now slightly crooked and looks longer and more pinched and does not photograph very well. I am still kicking myself for not leaving it at nose job number 5. I am tempted to ask the same doctor to make it look like number 5 again but am worried it will be worse. The only thing I can of doing is to maybe have some silicon injected into the sides to make it look less pinched and more generous and even.

All in all, I regret ever messing with my God given nose. It was perfect as it was and extremely photogenic. The bridge is too narrow, the nostrils too closed looking, and I cannot breathe. I implore you to only go to someone who does noses almost exclusively. This has been a big waste of money and worse, besides the breathing issue, is that I don't photograph the same whatsover. BIG MISTAKE.

My advice for aspiring actors and models? Just because you don't look the way something looks in person, if it translates beautifully on camera or on film then DO NOT MESS WITH A GOOD THING. I spoke with another Beverly Hills surgeon and he told me that he often sees people who are shocked at how different they look on camera after someone else has worked on them.

Email me for the name of all three doctors

I recommend the third doctor for a revision but the first two doctors I don't recommend whatsoever.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!

I'm curious who did your 5th rhinoplasty and how you like it? Dr Pincus in Beverly Hills totally botched mine.
Dr Fleming in Beverly Hills
Are you happier with the revision from Dr Flemming and around how much did he charge you? I'm curious to see how much around I need to save.
YES. I think it was 11000. Not sure to be honest. Or maybe it was 7000. Good question. I might call and ask but that would be 2006 prices
His revisions are spot on.
I paid about 8 grand for my 3 rd and like 10 grand for my 4th , hoping they will only have to do the tip this time.. thanks so much
Well Dr. Frankel thinks he can help me. He told me I am pretty what a sweetie. Anyway, I tend to believe him when he says he can fix me. Trying not to get my hopes up. I plan to do the surgery this summer. I will let you know. I really really like this doctor.
I commented on a previous post of yours. Please keep us posted. I am very curious about his work. And yes, as I just commented moments ago, he is super nice. Best of luck!
Hi Susan- I read your posting about maybe getting rhinno with Frankel. Did you have the surgery done? I so, do you like it? I am considering him for a revision. Thanks
Hi did you ever get revision from Dr Frankel? I need revision and am considering him. Thanks.
Did you have the revision done by Dr. Frankel and how much was it?
Hi, Could you tell me the name of the doctor in D.c I would like to do a nose operation and I dont want to choose the bad doctor .
thanks.
I would not recommend either doctor in the DC area. I would only recommend you avoid them like the plague.
I read u had 3 revisions ,..was it all by the same doc? I am going to many consultations to get the best doc to revert me. I will share with if they are any good. I just want everything out and my flat nose back!
Hi, I am 2 week post ops and totally hate the feel and look of my nose. I am Asian who had rib graft for bridge and tip. I want to remove them all and get back to the old me.... Since u all had revision, how long was recovery and had u ever had to remove implants from ur nose? Thx
I'VE WANTED THE OLD ME FOR YEARS,
THE SO CALL SPECIALIST TRULLY RUINED MY LIFE
LEAVING ME ME WITH A UNCHANGEABLE RESULT!!
I have never had implants but I'm sorry to hear that.
Hi everyone,

Dr. Litner has been in my bookmarks section for years. I am seriously considering seeing him for a tip revision. I dare not even bother fixing my breathing. I can only imagine the cost, I've no idea. But now that I live in Los Angeles, I will call and find out and report back. His work---unless photoshopped---is top notch.

I've gotten use to my nose but if I stand a certain way for the camera to capture me at the right angle. And I can live with that but I am curious what Dr. Litner would propose/suggest.
Hi Jane, Did you ever end up going to Dr. L? I can share pics of my primary result with you.
Sorry for late response. No I didn't but I would love to see your photos.
Your in my prayers Susan, Hope everything goes well for you,
Keep me informed, please!
I wish I left my old nose alone!
Debora
Hi- I saw Dr. Frankel in BH. He told me my nose has mid-vault collapse and I need spreader grafts. I also need to have a graft revised that is showing through my skin. My old doc agreed to pay for the surgery with him. Just proves how he messed it up. Now I just need the courage to go through another surgery and hope it doesn't make it worse. I will do it next Summer if at all so I will keep u posted.
I almost completely forgot that I once consulted with Dr. Frankel. He is a super nice guy but I could not afford him at the time.

If you went with him, I would love to hear about it.
Did you get it fixed?