Excellent! Worth it. Rhinoplasty - Worcester, MA

After years of wanting to fix the bump on my nose,...

After years of wanting to fix the bump on my nose, I finally decided to research doctors and go ahead with Rhinoplasty. I made the decision and scheduled surgery within a month. I decided on Dr. Fechner based on several things: experience, consultation & friendly staff. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the doctor as well as the atmosphere. I also was very impressed with someone who specialized in the face.

I had surgery on March 28, and just today I got to see my "new" nose. I am absolutely 100% satisfied with what I see so far even though I have some time to go before all of the swelling subsides. I was nervous about the procedure, but it went even better than I expected. My surgery was scheduled for 7:15, within 20 mins I was relaxed, asleep, and home by noon. I slept until about 5pm that day and woke up just feeling a slight headache. I didn't take any pain meds besides tylenol and decided on taking the Lorazepam that was prescribed to sleep better. Night 1 I slept fine, even though sleeping elevated wasn't ideal.

Day 2 was about as "bad" as Day 1 with a bit more swelling.

Day 3 was the worst for me as far as swelling and pain, but it was mostly just uncomfortable not being able to lay down completely. All in all, it felt like a head cold. By the last day (today) was ready to get the bandage removed!

I've probably looked in the mirror a good 40-50 times today (7th day after surgery) and I keep liking what I see. I've been out to run errands, and up to clean the house etc. I would say by day 3 I was fine walking around, and doing normal daily activities. I can't wait to see the final results once all of the swelling is gone. I will post pics asap.

Advice: do everything they tell you! The frozen peas were wonderful because they conform to your face. I didn't need the pain meds, but get them just in case. Sleep with 2-3 pillows every night to alleviate swelling and def apply the peas/ice for the duration that they tell you. Some people complain of dry mouth/dry lips - I kept vasoline on my lips they entire time, and I am an open mouth sleeper so this wasn't a huge problem. I drank TONS of water, and took Vitamin C every day (200MG). I am continuing with that as well. I will post more with pics. I have a follow up in 2 months as well with the doctor to see the final results.

It's now been 8 months since my surgery. I am 100%...

It's now been 8 months since my surgery. I am 100% satisfied with the left side but just had filler to improve the right side. Over the past few months of healthy the right side was left with an indentation on the bridge almost looking like it collapsed. I went to a different doctor for the filler nod I love it. My nose now looks like it did a month after surgery when I loved it. This doctor did tell me revisions would be necessity. I still stand by the original surgery as being very painless with a great recovery. I was not so happy with the indentation on the one side and am happy to have found a surgeon who does beautiful work with fillers in the nose for a huge improvement!
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon