Horrible Rhinoplasty - Brookfield, WI

My nose had troubled me my whole life. It was too...

My nose had troubled me my whole life. It was too large for my face and had grooves and bumps in the wrong places.

I had a rhinoplasty with in 2007. He did only tip work--no bone work was involved. My results are terrible. His work was sloppy; I have obvious signs of a nose job, and a bad one at that. The scar (from open rhino) is painfully obvious, and my whole nose is crooked, leaning to the left side. I literally have no idea what he was trying to do to my nose, but it is certainly not an improvement. I had bumps and lumps before he touched it, and now I have different bumps and lumps, my nose is crooked, and the tip looks like a big old clown nose.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

After the surgery was done and I questioned the doctor about certain areas, he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, that's just how you healed.". Worse yet, he was defensive as all heck and rude, rude, rude. I would never, ever recommend this guy for anything. I am now, after 3 1/2 long years of suffering with this nose, in the process of finding someone to fix it. I will certainly ask more questions this time around, and I will only go to a surgeon that specializes in facial plastic surgery (which Dr. L does not). Run from this guy!

That's a great suggestion, though for whatever reason, I'm scared to ask. What if he doesn't have a good answer? I know that's dumb of me.....so one one way or another, I'll find out more. I am expecting him to call or email me shortly per my request, so I'll ask then.

I have been in contact with "South Milwaukee" and she has told me she's going to ask him about it, too.

I did book my surgery with him today. I'm scared as hell, but I know that I don't want to go on walking around with this eyesore on my face any longer. My surgery is in 22 days....wish me luck :).

What if you asked your surgeon specifically about those cases with bad reviews?

This will be my first rhinoplasty. I actually have surgery scheduled with Dr. Campbell on May 10th, rhino and lower blepharoplasty. But, like you I saw the negative reviews and got really nervous! I have had a hard time with Gail getting back in touch with me (i.e. having to call at least twice for everything) and that made me even more nervous.

I'm glad you had a good feeling after your consult with Dr. Campbell too, that makes me feel better. I had my initial consult with him in January and really liked him. I'm thinking of making a follow up appointment before surgery just to make sure we are on the same page.

If you wouldn't mind, would you keep me posted on your procedure, etc. It's nice to know someone out there is going through the same thing with the same doctor as I am.

Thanks for your help!
How was it?

Yes. I think. I'm scared yet....

I met with Dr. C in Mequon/Sheboygan, and Dr. P in Middleton.

I LOVED everything Dr. C said. He saw exactly what I've been seeing these last 3 1/2 years and said he could absolutely fix it. He was kind, compassionate, confident and made me feel like there was hope :).

I liked Dr. P. He seemed to have a different assessment of my nose, in a way. He was speculating on what was done to it by Dr. L, and I don't think he was right. At least that's not what Dr. L told me, but he could have been lying through his teeth for all I know. I don't know, I just felt like Dr. Parfitt wasn't the right guy for me. He does have some amazing before/after pictures on his website though.

One thing I don't like is that I saw 2 (maybe three, I can't tell if it's the same person) negative reviews of Dr. C on ratemds.com. And they were regarding nose jobs, so that scares me. I realize you are always going to have some unhappy campers, but geesh, I don't think I can take another let down. He does so many rhino's that I would assume that you're going to end up with some unsatisfied patients. But I don't know if I'm just telling myself that to make myself feel better about him?

I did speak with an actual prior patient of Dr. C.'s (for a revision rhino). She was lovely and had nothing but praise for Dr. C, and she said he nose was horrendous to start with (from 2 previous botched rhinos, poor girl). She said Dr. C was practically a miracle worker for what he did to her nose.

I am 99.9% sure that I've made the decision to schedule with Dr. C. I spoke with his assistant yesterday and she said she can get me in April 26th, just over 3 weeks away. Yikes. I requested to talk to Dr. C one last time, and I expect he will either call me or email me tomorrow, and if that goes well, I will book the surgery. I just want him to reassure me one last time that he can fix this mess :).

I'm assuming you had a bad rhinoplasty done? I'd be interested to hear your story if you feel like sharing.

Stenobabe,
I am in Wisconsin too and I was wondering if you made a decision on a surgeon for your revision?
Great news! I met with the first doctor for a consultation last night. He said (yay!) he can fix this mess. He also said that despite what Dr. L had said, this was not my fault and not just "the way I healed". He said it was a poorly performed rhinoplasty, period. The good news is that he says he can fix it, and I believe him :). I'm going for my second consultation with another dr. tomorrow. Will update after that appointment.

Things are starting to look up! I think I *may* see the light at the end of the tunnel.
For clarification:

My above statement, 'He said it was a poorly performed rhinoplasty, period' was not intended to imply that this was a direct quote by another surgeon. Poor choice of words on my part. These exact words were never spoken by any other surgeon; this is what I (Stenobabe) surmised from their assessment of my nose. There was absolutely no verbal bashing done by any surgeon in regard to Dr. Loewenstein himself or his work.
Eek! I'd sooner shoot myself in the foot than post a photo of my current nose. I've spent the last 3 1/2 years trying to hide it, sigh :(.

I have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon tonight and another one on Thursday. I'm hoping they go well and I can find someone to straighten out this mess. Once I get it fixed (oh please, please, let them be able to fix it), I'll post the before and after pics. Sorry I'm not brave enough to do so right now.

Thanks for the input and advice. I'll keep everyone posted!

Do you have a photo so we can visualize what you're describing? I hope you're able to get a nose you're comfortable with the next time. What an ordeal to have to go through it all again. If it helps, my revision went much more smoothly and the healing was easier than with my original rhinoplasty.