Too Early to Tell - White Plains, NY

I am 24 years old and since I was about 12 I...

I am 24 years old and since I was about 12 I absolutely hated my nose. I avoided smiling because my profile was so ugly! I looked like a witch! After many years of contemplating and hating my nose I finally made the decision to have my nose fixed! I researched many doctors and after reading reviews of Dr. Ciardullo on this website I traveled the 5 hours to meet him. After meeting him I put my trust in him and scheduled a date.

I was so nervous the day of my surgery. Everyone at Dr. Ciardullo's office was super sweet. I loved how they treated me and truly made me feel at ease. Before I knew it the surgery was over and it was time for me to go home.

Right now, it is 3 days post-op and I am having mixed feelings. I am wondering if I made a mistake :(

I know it is too early to tell but I feel like the space between my upper lip and my nose is way to long now. The tip seems to be very high! Dr. C said this would go down with time, but It still worries me :(

6.25.11 I had my cast removed today and I was...

6.25.11 I had my cast removed today and I was shocked to see my new nose. I looked so different and I felt like I look like a monster! I liked my profile but from the front I felt that I looked like a something that came out of a horror movie. I was devestated to see the new change. As soon as I left the office I could not stop crying. I hated how I looked I wanted to kill myself for what I did.. I look completely different! I don't even recognize this person anymore. I regret ever getting it done :(
So many years I wanted a nose job and now that I got it done I wish I would have kept what God gave me.

6/27/11 The swelling has gone down a lot since...

6/27/11
The swelling has gone down a lot since the cast removal and I am starting to look more human like! When I wrote my last review I did not realize that what I was looking at was a swollen mess that was making me hate my new nose job! In addition to that, I was not used to seeing my nostrils so it was super strange and it freaked me out. Now my nose is starting to grow on me. Since the swelling has gone down a lot I'm starting to like it more and more!

I'm sorry for the initial scare everyone!

If you hate your profile and you want it to look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING with out a doubt do not hesitate to have your nose done by DR.CIARDULLO! My profile was something I absolutely HATED and now all I want people to see is my profile! Dr. Ciardullo does an amazing job! My nose looks like I was born with it! It just looks so natural!

If you are thinking about rhinoplasty, just be aware that when the cast is removed there will be a CRAZY amount of swelling that you may not be prepared to see. Also, If you have a very long nose like I did you may not be prepared to see your nostrils for the first time so seeing them may freak you out a bit.

PLEASE: Do not say you hate it like I did until a little of the swelling goes down. Just give it a few days and your new nose will start to grow on you and it will start to feel like it was always there.
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ciardullo is an amazing Dr. he is so nice, kind, and caring and he really makes you feel like you are part of the family. He did a really natural looking job on my nose. He did exactly what I asked for which was to take the bump off and minimize the tip so that it does not droop down and thats exactly what he did. I have a normal looking nose now! Because it swelled up so much that I felt that I looked like a freak when i first saw my nose after the cast removal and I hated it! Now, that the swelling as gone down quite a bit I'm starting to really like it! My profile looks AMAZING and I thought I would never be able to say that in my life! If you hate your profile and you are considering rhinoplasty Dr. Ciardullo will make it your best side with out a doubt! I traveled from Maryland which is 5 hours away and I must say he is definitely with the trip!

can you email a pic? ja2384@gmail.com. and can you tell me how long it took before your nose looked good/normal after the procedure?
Can you email me pictures???
Can you please post some recent front and profile pictures, as well as from before the surgery? I am considering Dr. Ciardullo and really want to know how his work does in terms of the recovery process. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
Do you have photos?
It must be a shock to look different from what you are used to, but it doesn't necessarily mean it looks bad! Give it some time, I am sure that you will feel better about it no time. I mean, is there anything obviously wrong with your new nose? Like is it really asymmetrical or crooked? If not, there is a good chance you just haven't gotten used to it yet and you will like it eventually.
Would you mind posting some pictures with the cast off?
Lily, im sure it's not that horrible. Your nose is still VERY swollen and you need time to recognize yourself. Do you have some pictures ? What does your parents/friends say ? Give yourself some time !
Thank you! You are correct! I am super swollen! I have received nothing but great feedback which was I was very happy with! I can e-mail you some pics if you are interested. I prefer to keep them private. :)
Glad to hear ! It will get even better whithin few weeks and you will start to really enjoy it :) Im having mine soon too and I guess I will feel the same as you !!!
Wow...just read your update. Do you have any new pics? I can't imagine seeing yourself for the first time with a different body part. It must be 100 times crazier than getting a drastic haircut. If you have any suggestions for those of us considering this procedure (I'm 43 living with this nose for so long), it would be appreicated.

You bet. It's a hard time. I'll be thinking of you as you heal.

I had that exact same reaction when I got rhinoplasty! Believe me when I tell you it is just a sort of dysmorphia that will totally go away. From an objective perspective, the space between your nose tip and upper lip looks fine. It's just going to take some getting used to. I'll be watching for updates on your story! Hang in there. You're going to look great.

Angiemcc,
How come reviews like this one don't show up under the Dr's rating page? There is another "not sure" post I read by going through the blog which wasn't part of the doctor's reviews...

For a while doctors had to manually add reviews to their RS profile pages, but now all reviews show up.