Amazing! Totally Worth It! - White Plains, NY

Well I had the same views of myself as most people...

Well I had the same views of myself as most people who have pronounced noses do. I hated my nose and I had to do something about it. I went to real self and searched and found all the great reviews that Dr.Ciardullo had, and decided to go with him as my plastic surgeon. In order to make sure that I was choosing the right doctor for the procedure I went and did my own research to see if he was board certified and stuff like that.

So I called and made an appointment with him on January 16, 2013, for a consultation. When I first met him I felt very comfortable he pointed out all the same issues I had with my nose. He then explained how he might have to do a nasal tuck after he shortened my nose, only if it was necessary. He then showed me some pictures of previous patients and told me which nose would best fit my face. After that, he showed me where the surgery would take place. I then went home and felt so comfortable that I showed up the very next day to book and get my blood work order ($447 at the White Plains Hospital) and my prescriptions for the surgery. I had a wedding to go to so I then decided to book for surgery as soon as possible. My surgery date was booked for Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 8:00 am. I was given written instruction to prepare before surgery by taking Vitamin C with bioflavonoids 500 mg and Arnica Montana Tablets.

I also saw that the stores carried the Arnica gel so I bought that too which helped me out a lot with reducing the swelling. I also bought Saline Spray, straws and lip balm. Well the day of the surgery had finally arrived I was really nervous but once I met the nice,lovely, funny staff I felt so comfortable that everything seemed much more less intimidating. The Anesthesiologist Dr. Spencer and the Nurse Eillen were extremely nice! Dr Spencer told me that the anesthesia might feel a little itchy and then I was out like a light. I woke up with no pain a cast on my nose and I felt great! I went home with a bag that was given to me by the staff which had chloraseptic lonzeges, extra gauze and surgical tape.

Once I got home I took my prescription and went to sleep. During that first week I felt no pain and I was anxious to have my cast removed. A week later I went To see Dr. Ciardullo to have my cast removed and once he removed it and took my stitches off from the nasal tuck I looked like a different person. It was amazing even though my nose was swollen it still looked so much better. Dr. Ciardullo explained that he raised my nose a little removed the bump and gave me a nasal tuck.

My nose looked a lot smaller. I went home extremely happy and anxious for the swelling to continue to go down. The doctor did say that my nose was going to continue to improve over the next 6 months up to 1 year. I am so glad I went through with it and recommend Dr. Ciardullo 100% for rhinoplasty. I also had Botox injected between my eyebrows by Dr. Ciardullo and have had no complications and will do it again in the future.

In my last post, I made a mistake and wrote "nasal...

In my last post, I made a mistake and wrote "nasal tuck" on my review when the correct term is nostril tuck; I hope this is helpful to you all.
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Real Self

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. I'm thrilled for you that you got the results you wanted. Can you explain what a nasal tuck is?

Whoops! I meant to write nostril tuck. A nostril tuck is when your nostrils are made smaller. For example if anyone has a long nose like I did then once your nose is reduced to a smaller size, your nostrils might not fit your smaller nose thus, you might need a nostril tuck. If you would like to read more about it then go to this link http://www.realself.com/review/white-plains-ny-rhinoplasty-the-decisions-my-life