Nose is Much Better Even Two Years After Rhinoplasty - White Plains, NY

I had rihnoplasty done over two years ago and it...

I had rihnoplasty done over two years ago and it has completely changed the shape of my nose... But not for the better. I got the procedure done to remove a hump that had been bothering me for years and not only does my nose still have a hump-- it's way, way, way bigger in width than it was before. I had a pretty thin nose before and I was pleased with how I looked front-on but now I can't bare the sight of my nose. It looks like it takes up my whole face and there are parts of it that are lumpy (and still numb from the surgery!!).

I saved up for this procedure for about a year and a half and was so excited to get it done... It's so disheartening to know that I blew $8,000 of hard earned money (mind you, I'm a college student who doesn't make that much money to begin with) only to be let down so badly. It's not that I'm just unhappy with the results but my nose is completely ruined now.

My doctor seemed like a really nice person so I don't want to bash him completely but when I walked in for the surgery and he was drawing on my nose (like all surgeons do) he wasn't even explaining to me what he was doing. I literally got up out of my hospital bed moments before they put me under to run back to him and ask him what exactly he was going to do to my nose. I didn't feel secure about it at all. Unfortunately, I didn't go with my gut-feeling. I was pretty young and so excited to just get the surgery over with that I attributed my uneasiness to general nerves about the procedure when I should have trusted my intuition.

Luckily for me, after my year post op check up, as soon as my doctor walked into the room he told me that even he wasn't pleased with the results and that he would do it again for free (I'd just have to pay for anesthesia). I'm just so afraid that the damage is done and that my nose will never look good (or at least not $8,000 worth) again...

I'm really, really hoping that he will fix my nose to the best of his ability.

It would be nice to find support on here from people who have had a similar experience...

Titled correction

I should point out that the titled is supposed to say "isn't much better" instead of "is much better". Sorry!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Nice guy but I would NOT recommend him for rihnoplasty.

Hi Mxg123, I read your comments about your experience with Dr. Blau, and felt compelled to write about my own experience. Please read my comments regarding Dr. Blau. As you will read, my nose job experience with Dr. Blau is very different than yours, and I wanted people on this site to read a comment from a very happy and satisfiedl patient. I must tell you that I never met a patient of Dr. Blau's who was not happy with their new nose, including my own family. Again, please read about my experience that I posted on Real Self. I hope you see Dr. Blau in a new and different light. DaniellaGo
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Rena, I'm so sorry you sound so bitter. I am a real life patient of Dr. Blau's. Nothing fake. My pictures will be posted in a few days. Please be patient as you noted, my post is new. Where is Mxg's and your pix? DaniellaGo
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Rena, this will be my last communication to you. You obviously do not know what you are talking about. To my knowledge, you are not a patient of Dr. Blau's. I am. And by the way, where is your before, during and after photo? I will be posting a before photo of myself just as soon as I can find one. No photos were taken during my surgeries, so no “during” photo will be posted. Again, where are yours? I feel sorry for you - that you obviously stay on the computer continuously and "critique" people and what they have to say when you know nothing about them. I posted my comments and left it at that. My full comments about my experience have not been published on here as yet. However, they will be. You just couldn't wait to try and make a big deal out of something you know nothing about. How sad you find fault and try to discredit me. You don't have that kind of power! I am a patient of Dr. Blau's. He has performed several surgeries on me over the years. And in my opinion, he is a fantastic plastic surgeon. You are entitled to your opinion, but don't criticize me for having one when unlike you, I am very qualified to comment about Dr. Blau and his expertise. Again, I will not respond to any further comments you have about this subject. They will be deleted prior to being read. My life is filled with other things than commenting all day/week/month, etc. on other people's plastic surgery experiences. I wish you the best and trust you can get on with your life without any further comments from me. DaniellaGo. PS: My original comment is recent as I just came upon this site doing some research. You found it necessary to point out that I just signed on. Why does it matter? I read Mxg's comments and felt compelled to reply. As you did to me. It's over now. Get over it!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I never said anything bad about him. In fact, I've stated that he was a really nice person. However, just because you and your family had a good experience with him does not take away from the fact that I did not. He messed up my nose. Plain and simple. He even agreed that he was not happy with the results. There's no arguing this. I don't have pics because this is a personal issue I have and I don't feel the need to show my nose if I'm not comfortable doing so. You're entitled to your opinion but that does not take away from my experience. Stop trolling.
mxg let me tell you my experience. A few years ago I had a procedure done but it wasn't a nose job. I was very unhappy with the results. The doctor said he could try to fix it just for the price of anesthesia. I instead went to another doctor who examined my primary results and noticed things my other doctor did not even NOTICE. I went to the second doctor for a revision instead, and even though I ended up paying more it was soooooooo worth it. Let's say I went with my first doctor because he'd be cheaper. He would perform his surgery but would've missed meticulous details that the second doctor noticed. I would've still been unhappy and later caved and gone to another doctor to get a revision. At the end of the day I'd be spending even MORE money and undergone MORE revisions. Just think about it
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Glad to hear your results turned out well and I agree with you! Sometims its best to go to some one else.
Hi, I'm so sad that you are not happy with your nose. Please honor your options by consulting with other doctors as well about your revision. On one hand the same doctor knows what he did already, but on the other, are you gonna give him another chance. Decide if he's lost credibility. Make a list of what changes you need to have made, and make sure that whomever you pick specializes in the challenge of revision. Wishing you happiness!
Thank you for your feedback! The only reason why I would go back to him again is because he's doing it for free, otherwise I would not be able to get a correctional procedure. We'll see what I decide.
I know, hun, that's a tough call. I'll keep up with your journey, keep posting on your review. It will help you, and others, for sure!
trust me i speak from experience
do NOT go back to the same doctor who screwed up your nose in the first place, i dont care how much money u would be saving.
This is a decision something I'm struggling with. Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry you're not happy with your results, but I really appreciate your sharing on RealSelf. We'd love to see your photos so we can visualize what you're describing.

Sometimes saving money is still not worth it. Please have hope in revision surgeries, I've seen even miracles.. But you have to make sure that the doctor is amazing if you want to save your nose. If you feel iffy about this doctor or even slightly hesitant I wouldn't risk my face over it.
I am sorry to hear that. I am also in a similar situation. Its been over 9 months for me and I have been looking for a revision doctor almost soon after the cast came off. Please make sure u trust your surgeon before going through a revision. Ask to see his before and after of the revision patients as well as his own revision patients that had to be redone by him. Revision is more complex than a primary, not every surgeon is skilled enough in it. Do your research before you jump under the knife again. Don't go back because of money, remember its your face.
Thank you for your feedback.