Terrible Experience with Silicon 1000

I had a terrible experience! I scheduled a...

I had a terrible experience! I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Eric Joseph after reading the excellent reviews online. Had a sunken look under my eyes and looked tired. Was considering having bleph surgery and wanted to consult. With in 5 minutes of meeting with the doctor, he "had the solution for me and it was non invasive." He explained that he could do small injections of the silicon 1000 in the sunken areas to fill them in and I would be pleased. I agreed to doing so and was heavily bruised for 3 weeks. There were 2 puffy bumps under each eye, but the right much more prominant. I called concerned and he told me to ice it. I did so. Went back weeks later still concerned about the puffy bumps that people have now commented on. He acted as though he really didn't notice them, but to make me happy would try to inject a steroid to deflate it. Another 2 weeks of bruising, and minimal change. Needless to say I went to a few experts who stated silicon 1000 should never have been injected in eye area, to thin of skin and that the area would eventually yellow and the silicon bumps may even drop in my face. Silicon 1000 is permanent. Do not allow Dr. Eric Joseph to inject this under your eyes due to the chance what happened to me could happen to you. I've been dealing with this for over a year at this point and am very unhappy.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

As stated in prior response, we are committed to all of our patients and their full satisfaction. We would love it if every patient were 100% satisfied. The vast majority are. If any of our patients are dissatisfied with their results, we would encourage them to call our office at 973-325-1155 to see Dr. Joseph and discuss their concerns.
Diana Joseph, who happens to be Dr Joseph wife!
Is a sweetheart!
I ll second to that. She is sincere and also very helpful
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with Dr. Joseph. I also had a bad experience with him, and I'm starting to question the authenticity of all the rave reviews that he has received.
Dr. J gave me the Silikon treatments and they have been good thus far...I don't know about what time will do though but so far nothing has shifted or changed. I had him put the filler in both my nose (to fix a scar/indentation from motorcycle accident) and in my lips (to plump them a bit) . Dr. J is an awesome Dr. and I'd highly reccommend and so sorry you had some troubles with him :( All I can say are my reviews are 100% real and I'm overall content with his procedures, though like I said, I don't know how Silikon 1000 will hold up 10 years from now, only time can tell ad then I may start to feel a bit diff if something happens ...: [
Hello Malhotra, I am sorry you couldn't get the desired result. Reading your comment made me wonder if you meant to call us, liars? As a happy patient of Dr J I can tell you that I believe each and every single posts , even the negative ones. I am sure in your day by day life you can't make everyone like and support you. That's exactly same situation in Dr J case. He just can't make every single one of us happy. I don't consider myself lucky, I think I just went in with realistic expectation. It is not fair to contest the reviews that are done in hope to help others to make an educated decision. Plus as you can see he agree to communicate personallyyour concern on the phone. I myself agreed to meet two if RS sweethearts to review live the result. We love you, Dr J. Please keep making us beautiful.
I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm sure many of his patients are satisfied with their results, but I personally believe that some of the reviews are fake.
Sorry Malholtra on not being happy with your results. I have been there. I will just say this. Dr J. isn't a man of wizardry or a man of magic. Silicon 1000 jobs can without a doubt go wrong, he actually even warns patients before they get them. The most important thing is how any DR handles a bad reaction. If a Dr doesn't offer other options to fix or make a situation better than, yes, awful and that DR should get blasted on here. The fake reviews undoubtedly lie in the cases where a dissatisfied patient is absolutely going off on how Dr J. handles them. Dr J. is almost over board in making sure where all happy with our procedures. He almost needs to care less if stuff goes wrong. We are the ones taking the risks to look better. Put it this way, if one even finds a plastic surgeon with a personality and one that actually offers advice, you scored a home run. The majority do not care, cause either way, they are pulling in tons of dough. See how many other Dr's even call anyone back when they are dissatisfied with something. The %'s are soo low it's not even funny. Dr j isn't perfect, but he cares, that's the bottom line.
How do you know how Dr. Joseph handles other patients? You can only speak from your own experience. The bottom line is that I had a bad experience with him and I'm allowed to share my opinion.
Malhotra, I am sorry if I upset you more than you are already. Even if you don't want I will give you an (((((e-hug)))))). Maybe I didn't know how to formulate my answer, but I feel for you. It also happens to be happy with Dr J work. So what I want you to do, go and talk face to face to Dr J and explain him, what is bothering you. If you want, I can come with you, for comforting you. If you have a car in one mechanic care, wouldn't you want go back to same guy if the car stops driving? Same here. Dr J will make sure you'll leave happy. I don't work for him, neither get paid to write here. I jut put myself in your shoes and felt that you, indeed, have the right to voice your unsatisfactory experience. I was sincere when i wrote i am sorry you're not happy with your result. Also it will be helpful to see your b4/after pics.
Why would I want to go back to the same doctor who didn’t do it right the first time? I'm glad that your experience with Dr. Joseph was positive, but mine wasn't, therefore, I don't trust him or all the rave reviews.
It's silly that other so called patients of Dr. Joseph feel the need to comment on his poor patients that have paid money and been completely I satisfied with their results. As a former patient of his, I would never disagree or find it "hard to believe" something that an unhappy former patient shared on this site or others. Trust me, we would prefer you keep your shock about how unhappy we are to yourselves. I can promise you that throughout our unfortunate mishaps with dr. Joseph, we are even more shocked and unhappy with our results.
Well said. How are you doing? Did you manage to find a doctor who was able to remove the Silikon 1000 injected by Dr. Joseph?
No.. It's permanent and unfortunately something I will have to live with. I had a lower bleph with the hopes of possibly removing some of it, but no success. Lesson learned the hard way... U should have been smart enough to know that there would not be an instant solution as dr. Joseph stated there was and I really should have known well enough to not allow him to inject me again to try to remedy the puffiness which then created the permanent bruise like appearance under the eye. Never again.
Of course your allowed to share your opinion. Thanks for sharing. I have my share of bad Dr's so It's good you share. It just-for me- would be befuddling at every aspect that he would switch up personalities almost and after care procedures with each patient. I just can not see what he would gain from being caring to cold. I guess It's luck!? If he handles one person or situation entirely different from the next. Sort of hard to believe. I would just see what he can do for you. I think if he tries to help with it and make it better, that would say everything about his character. I have had awful and cold experiences with Dr's who wouldn't even call back for almost up to 3 weeks at a time with certain things. (tattoo removal) They are cold as ice in this field. For me, it was absolutely never the case with Joseph. Again see what he will/can do to help you. good luck
Never said he was cold.. He did a poor job, changed my look for the worse, charged me for it, attempted to remedy all the while claiming he did not believe it looked as bad as I did. He was wrong.. It certainly did.. Every since I have has many ppl even ask me if something happened under my right eye. Anyway, I'm done addressing this. Doctors pay web designers to create blogs, rave reviews, etc. and i simply felt the need to share my very bad experience with the hopes others would read the good and bad reviews and then decide which doctor they trust with their face.
Apologize, that reply was not for you. Doctors paying web designers?? huh?
First off, I'd like to say, I'm so sorry you had to go through this Maholtra. I, too had a bad experience with Dr. Joseph- not only during my injections but afterwards when I went home and posted my review. I really didn't appreciate his unprofessional attitude towards me, offering no apology whatsoever but URGED I remove my original post sending me the direct contact to have my post removed by one of the admins on this site, I believe her name was Heather? During Dr Joseph's phone call, he threw in my face that I expressed wanting to explore juvederm since I wasn't very pleased with the Silikon on my post/review. My whole purpose for traveling all the way to NJ from DC was to fill in indentations from cystic acne along my lower chin/side of my bottom lip, which he completely dismissed, stating the dents were a figment of my imagination- yet, I've been getting them filled in with Radiesse for quite some time but never had any long lasting effect. I paid over 1k, he barely injected anything in my face, couple of really quick pin pricks, that was it in the corner of my eyes, marionette lines-never touched any indentation scars. After the phone call where he made me feel so guilty for posting the less than glowing review, I hung up feeling like crap. So, I tried to give him another chance. Much to my surprise, he then proceeds to tell me he no longer treat Asians, and suggested I go elsewhere.
I'm sorry, I meant Kcook, not Maholtra.
read this http://www.realself.com/question/pros-cons-silicone-injections-nose-symmetry-ear-cartiledge-build-rhino-septo#comments_pane
This is Diana, Dr. Joseph's office manager. We are committed to all of our patients and their complete satisfaction. If any of our patients are dissatisfied with their results, we would encourage them to call our office at 973-325-1155 to see Dr. Joseph and discuss their concerns.
Funny, when I posted my review NO ONE from his office bothered to reach out, it's been YEARS
Hey i had a bad experience 2 but in my nose and for that I'm getting a surgery to remove this substance he didn't care about my situation doctor Joseph he cared only more about the silikon how looks that my personal opinion
My situation has not been remedied.. I have had lower bleph surgery with the attempt to remove the silicon injected by Dr. Joseph, however they were not able to remove it all therefore still leaving me with a puffy bump under my eye. The permanent bruising caused by the injection of silicon has not been remedied either.. I attempted to have the bruising diminished with the laser, but it did not work. I'm very unhappy with the fact that I went in for a consultation, came out with awful bruising and have looked worse than they day I met Dr Joseph ever since.