Injectables the Good, Bad and Ugly

I hope the pictures attach to this saga. A few...

I hope the pictures attach to this saga.

A few years ago I had Restylane for the nasolabial lines and Botox for the crow’s feet. I have wanted to try something that would last longer than Botox and I needed something for the lines under my eyes.

I went to a PS who specializes in faces. He is very well known in the Florida Space Coast area. I had slight lines in the nasolabial folds, a noticeable furrow brown line, laugh lines around my eyes and these horrible lines under my eyes. After meeting with me, he recommended a mixture of Botox and Juvederm. His reasoning for the Botox for the brow area is that the muscle is strong and it would help the Juvederm last longer. I also had Botox on my forehead.

The procedure was very painful around the eyes and the brow area. It also cost $1,500 which is pretty expensive.

After reading the comments, I originally wrote some feedback about how wonderful everything is. The next morning after the injections, I had the beginning of a bad nightmare. I took photo’s everyday and as you will see, my face ended up looking like a freak show for quite awhile. Monday December 22nd was day 14. It was also the first day that I could go out in public without my hair covering my face and looking down.

I wish I had known that the recovery time was going to be weeks instead of days. I had everything from numb gums to black eyes. Last Monday (day seven) I went to the doctor asking him to give me the shot to remove the Juvederm. He told me to wait another week and if I was still unhappy he would remove the Juvederm. He was right, I am very pleased with the way they are turning out.

The good news is my mouth, brow and forehead looked great from the first day. I am becoming very happy with the results from the eyes. Today (day 15) I look great. I hope the pictures help someone who may be going through the fear of looking like a freak after getting these injections. Ignore the eyebrows, I was not going to have them waxed with all the eye swelling going on.

The first picture was taken two days before the injections. Due to space, I just gave the "highlights" of my eye drama.

Update. December 31, 2008.  I just wanted to...

Update. December 31, 2008.  I just wanted to give an update about the Juvederm I had done on December 8, 2008.  The swelling was gone by the third week and I totally love my results.  My eyes look terrific.  The lines between the brows are gone, and the wrinkles are gone under the eyes and crows feet.  Now that I know the recovery is alot longer than advertised, I will plan better next time.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is one of the best in the area. When I called daily to report how terrible I looked, the staff was caring. They let me come in to the office numerous times and kept up the encouragement.