Injectables the Good, Bad and Ugly

I hope the pictures attach to this saga. A few...

I hope the pictures attach to this saga.

A few years ago I had Restylane for the nasolabial lines and Botox for the crow’s feet. I have wanted to try something that would last longer than Botox and I needed something for the lines under my eyes.

I went to a PS who specializes in faces. He is very well known in the Florida Space Coast area. I had slight lines in the nasolabial folds, a noticeable furrow brown line, laugh lines around my eyes and these horrible lines under my eyes. After meeting with me, he recommended a mixture of Botox and Juvederm. His reasoning for the Botox for the brow area is that the muscle is strong and it would help the Juvederm last longer. I also had Botox on my forehead.

The procedure was very painful around the eyes and the brow area. It also cost $1,500 which is pretty expensive.

After reading the comments, I originally wrote some feedback about how wonderful everything is. The next morning after the injections, I had the beginning of a bad nightmare. I took photo’s everyday and as you will see, my face ended up looking like a freak show for quite awhile. Monday December 22nd was day 14. It was also the first day that I could go out in public without my hair covering my face and looking down.

I wish I had known that the recovery time was going to be weeks instead of days. I had everything from numb gums to black eyes. Last Monday (day seven) I went to the doctor asking him to give me the shot to remove the Juvederm. He told me to wait another week and if I was still unhappy he would remove the Juvederm. He was right, I am very pleased with the way they are turning out.

The good news is my mouth, brow and forehead looked great from the first day. I am becoming very happy with the results from the eyes. Today (day 15) I look great. I hope the pictures help someone who may be going through the fear of looking like a freak after getting these injections. Ignore the eyebrows, I was not going to have them waxed with all the eye swelling going on.

The first picture was taken two days before the injections. Due to space, I just gave the "highlights" of my eye drama.

well. it does look alot better as the weeks went by,I can however see your original unhappiness in the days following the procedure, hope things remain good for you.....everything looks great!
When I went in for my juvederm injection, the nurse accidentally shot the gel from the syringe onto my face, left side. The next day, and for the next 8 days, my face looked like I had had acid thrown on it. Red, splotchy, painful, swollen with blisters are around the area where the gel hit. The Dr. tried to say it was shingles, but you have to have had chicken pox to get shingles. This was messed up and my face may suffer scarring because of it.

Update. December 31, 2008.  I just wanted to...

Update. December 31, 2008.  I just wanted to give an update about the Juvederm I had done on December 8, 2008.  The swelling was gone by the third week and I totally love my results.  My eyes look terrific.  The lines between the brows are gone, and the wrinkles are gone under the eyes and crows feet.  Now that I know the recovery is alot longer than advertised, I will plan better next time.

my eyes look like day and it's been 15 months i massage them every day and it won't go away
Ariesfire, although it's been almost a year, I find your posts extremely helpful and encouraging while I'm waiting for this juvederm to settle in. I also experienced extreme puffiness after a week, same as your photos indicated on your 7th post-injection day. My bruising is fading; it's the contours that horrify. Plan to update on the 21st day, when I meet with doctor.
Make sure you google this guy before accepting medical treatment. he is not what he says he is.
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is one of the best in the area. When I called daily to report how terrible I looked, the staff was caring. They let me come in to the office numerous times and kept up the encouragement.