Am I Too Old? - Wauwatosa, WI

I am 58 years old and had a botched rhinoplasty 28...

I am 58 years old and had a botched rhinoplasty 28 years ago. I now have an appointment with Dr. Dembny in Milwaukee for a consultation for a revision rhinoplasty. Am I too old to care about how I look? I have been hated my nose since I was 10. Has anyone heard of Dr. Dembny? I don't know why I have waited so long to have this done. Thankfully no one knew about the rhinoplasty when I had it done.

September 30, 2012

I have not had the surgery yet. It is scheduled for November 29th. I am having some thoughts about cancelling the whole thing. I am so afraid that I will be disappointed like I was after the first rhinoplasty. The surgeon said that the changes to my nose will be subtle. Does that mean that after the surgery, I won't notice an improvement?

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

I found his ad in the yellow pages.

If you have not seen his before/after pictures, I would recommend you find another surgeon. You might be his first nose job! It's much better to spend extra money, even if you have to fly somewhere and stay in a hotel for a few days, and get a surgeon with A LOT of experience.
I am 52 and am having a revision done in 5 weeks. My first rhinoplasty was about 28 years ago. I understand the question of 'being too old... is it worth it?' I'm doing it because I hope to live for at least another 30 years... I believe in growing old gracefully, but right now my nose makes me look mean and angry. Just want the outside to match the inside, and I don't think we should let our age take that away from us. So I hope you're going for it, if that's what you want! Keep us posted!

My consultation regarding a revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Dembny went well. He spent a great deal of time answering my questions. I was not able to see "before and after" pictures.
I feel that I can trust this doctor and have tentatively set up a surgery date. Dr. Dembny
is the only surgeon that I have seen. Do you think that I am rushing things.

You're never too old, IMHO! How did you feel about your consultation with your surgeon? Did you go on a few consults, or just the one?