Well Yes and No Really - Vancouver, WA

I had Juvederm injected into N/L on Tuesday. The...

I had Juvederm injected into N/L on Tuesday. The doctor was nice enough, but I don't think she did a good job. She only injected each side 3 times. I feel like it should have been more like 6 pricks with less material in each on each side. But because she only hit 3 areas on each, the difference is nearly impossible to notice. She told me her prices were the best and I trusted that. But after my treatment, I came home and made some phone calls and found that her prices were actually the HIGHEST of any in the area. I wish I had checked around first. I'm planning to go to another Doctor next week for another syringe. They are offering it for 425 with 10 units of Botox free. YAY!

Dr. Susan

I chose this place because I drive by it frequently.

I havent gone for my second syringe yet, I go next week. I'm so looking forward to it!
One syringe is sometimes not enough and a lot has to do with how good the injector is. You probably will get better results w 2nd syringe as u are planning. Best to you.
I have one syringe of juvederm in my lips and love it.

If she cared about her reputation and her patients, she should have asked that you come back for a follow up. She should have also offered to touch up any errors or asymmetry (not necessarily the need for more filler) free of charge.

Good for u girl!do not worry this can be fix.
I realized tonight, now that it's been a few days, she did not do a good job on the injections AT ALL. there are lumps of Juvederm on both side, just outside the N/L fold, the effect is that it makes the folds look even deeper now :( Not at all happy about this. I had a feeling she wasnt doing very well. I watched may videos of the proceedure before hand and comparatively, she seemed sloppy and rushed. So glad I can go get this fixed with more Juvederm next week.

How are you doing? Have you made your appointment for the correction?

Dear ladies.
I just beck from treatmen of juvederm.i am so happy.
my doctor is from my country(Serbia),hear i did all.
i did smile lines and shadow of eye area.
Apologize for english writing mistakes.
It s a 350 e for 2 injections.
Hope this information help so u now price are simular .
It was sort of a weird situation that landed me in her hands. I just stopped in to schedule a consultation. When I came in the receptionist told me the dr could see me on friday. I assumed this meant we'd go over everything then. Just as I was making the appointment, the dr came in and said, I've got time now, lets go back and talk. So I went back with her and she started prepping me for the proceedure. She was ready to do it right that moment. She never told me any of the risks, side effects etc...in fact she still hadnt even told me the price. I guess I felt a bit pressured and I didnt want to walk out when she was clearly ready to go at that moment. I felt a little embarrassed. So when I asked her price and she told me, I was super hesitant. But that;s when she said it was the same as every other place. I doubt she would have told me it was the HIGHEST in the area :p

That's unfortunate to hear. No one likes to feel put on the spot, especially with something like that. Depending on if you are comfortable with it or not, it might not be a bad idea to call her office or send her an email expressing how you feel about your experience. At least that gives her the opportunity to change things for future patients, and maybe she would even offer you an apology.

wow..talk baout being pressured, that sounds unethical (spelling?) shame oh that doc, she needs to make it right by you..ot give u some money back. terrible way for a doctor to do things by making u feel it's gotta be now...good luck in whatever you do, I have had good results with juvie and botox and the one time I wasn't happy with the botox, i got 20 free units at my choice of where to inject..

Yeah, if you start to read through the reviews you will see that a lot of people mention that 1 syringe often times isn't enough. Of course that is a pretty big bummer with the hefty price tag it carries.

Please don't only shop by price though, as the skill level of the injector is extremely important. Here is a blog post you might find helpful:

Staggering Differences in Satisfaction Between Board vs. Non-Board Certified Doctors

Although you might wish you had done more looking around before getting your injections from the first doctor, I'm glad you are on here doing it now. :)

I have always been very careful in checking out the Drs. or faciliites I am going to use. Joan Kron of Allure magazine once told us "you get what you pay for" is very true as well as be informed first. I have had Juvederm in my NLF's this time the Nurse used more on one side or it seemed, I have gone there before. It is about 2 months later and I have noticed that the ropey feel has drifted inward to my cheek and is still a tab bumpy at each end.
I have given it enough time, spent enough money and I am going back to see the drematologist that runs the medi spa. Thanks for you posts I am not going to let it go.