27 Year Old Female.

Battled acne for almost 10 years. It was bearable...

Battled acne for almost 10 years. It was bearable until age 24. It has gotten worse around the cheek area. My dermatologist had been trying to get me to go on isotretinoin (accutane) for almost 2 years but I was hesitant. Finally I decided to go for it. I didn't want to ruin my skin any longer. I will say hands down it was the best decision I have ever made regarding my skin. I was on it for 6 months, yes it got a little worse for about 2 weeks but then about 3/4 months in it began to get crystal clear. Even my marks went away. My only side affects were very dry lips and eyes and a bit more tired than normal. It was well beyond worth it. I debated for so long about taking this. Listen to your dermatologist, trust them it works. It takes a little time but you will LOVE your skin after. Imagine glowing skin and being able to look in the mirror and think "wow that's my skin, it's perfect." At least that's how I feel. Go gain your confidence back because that's what this will do for you. For all you acne sufferers, you understand what I mean :) (start date was in November and finished in June 2014 )
New Haven Dermatologist

You look amazing! I am starting next month, from years of being hesitant as well. I am 26 years old and finally at my wits end. I tried everything and every hormonal/thyroid/food allergy test, I even did Chinese Med and practiced some holistic approaches. Every topical and antibiotic including Spiro. And I am DONE with acne. I am curious if you noticed any hair loss during or after your treatment? Did you take any supplements with your course? Did you experience a lot of facial flushing? Thanks!
Your skin looks amazing. I agree, I am in my third month and my skin looks great. I was so hesitant to try it. You hear such horror stories about it. Best decision I ever made.
Thank you! It feels like it takes forever to get there! I know, I remember hearing horrible stories but was just at the point where it didn't matter. Wait until you finish you will be glowing :) I threw away all of my concealer. Just Chapstick and mascara for me! Good luck with the rest of your treatment! :)