27 Year Old Female.

Battled acne for almost 10 years. It was bearable...

Battled acne for almost 10 years. It was bearable until age 24. It has gotten worse around the cheek area. My dermatologist had been trying to get me to go on isotretinoin (accutane) for almost 2 years but I was hesitant. Finally I decided to go for it. I didn't want to ruin my skin any longer. I will say hands down it was the best decision I have ever made regarding my skin. I was on it for 6 months, yes it got a little worse for about 2 weeks but then about 3/4 months in it began to get crystal clear. Even my marks went away. My only side affects were very dry lips and eyes and a bit more tired than normal. It was well beyond worth it. I debated for so long about taking this. Listen to your dermatologist, trust them it works. It takes a little time but you will LOVE your skin after. Imagine glowing skin and being able to look in the mirror and think "wow that's my skin, it's perfect." At least that's how I feel. Go gain your confidence back because that's what this will do for you. For all you acne sufferers, you understand what I mean :) (start date was in November and finished in June 2014 )

2 months post

I'm about 2 months post isotretinoin. (accutane) I've gotten a few tiny pimples but nothing like before. Still was well worth the 6 months of treatment.

1/2 way through accutane treatment.

I don't have many pictures from my before treatment because I didn't like seeing my skin. But this was about 3 months into treatment. It's a little blurry but my cheeks are red and there's still a few pimples, inflamed. But was much better than when I started.

3 months post accutane

Trying to keep this updated to be helpful to everyone whose considering treatment. I'm 3 month post now and everything is still pretty good. I've gotten a few little ones but nothing that bothers me. Just some advice DO NOT pick at anything. If you do get any little pimples post treatment they go away very fast. So here is my 3 month picture.
New Haven Dermatologist