Huge Tip Swelling - Trinidad, CO

Hello, about 4 days ago I had a rhinoplasty done...

Hello, about 4 days ago I had a rhinoplasty done and the surgeon lowered the bump in my nose and elevated the tip. I told him I did NOT want a big change, just minor adjustments, however looking at the results I am horrified at the pig nose I have. Although its just 4 days, he thinks it looks fine ! :'(

Pre-op photo

Hi, I'm sorry I'm doing this so out of order.. But this is a photo of me before the operation.

1 week, cast is off!

Hello everyone, it's been 1 week. I can't believe just seven days ago I was lying in the hospital unable to open my eyes or move my legs. I've gotten my strength and my energy back just within the past two days... Today I actually cleaned up my room properly and got started on projects I had planned. So my life is getting back on tract.
Right, so about the nose itself.. The swelling has gone down significantly, as you guys said it would. The surgeon actually came to my house and removed the stitches (which did hurt) but afterwards I felt so much better.
Lots of swelling still of course, I mean it's just one week, but it's no longer looking as alien-like as before.
Very glad I did this :)

10 days - "Restaurant Ready"

Hi! So it's ten days now and my nose looks completely normal, I feel like all the swelling has gone. I'm sure there's more residual swelling that'll heal over time, but it's not noticeable, not even to me.

This is going to sound gross, but I had hard dried impacted mucus stuck inside my nostrils (because I couldn't blow my nose) and I tried rigorously to clean it out. In doing so I interfered with one of my internal stitches, hope that's not too much of a problem. :| :|

Also, I was told I can't exercise I can't swim etc. I understand the swimming part, but if I feel up to strength and my nose looks more or less healed, why should exercising at this point be a problem ?

Day 10 photos

As the swelling goes down, the bump in my nose is starting to show more and it's getting me a little bit down... Especially as I presume it'll get worse. :/ I'm not making a huge issue out of it though, I mean, I'm not going to re-schedule a whole new rhinoplasty just to take down my nose a few more millimeters

A part of me does kinda wish I fixed up my nose better while I had the chance, to end up with a straight, beautiful nose ..

But I guess that's where character comes in. I'll always have a big nose, it's what I was born with. It's ironic that I one thing I hoped to be removed is still there, but oh well, guess I need to stop whining and live with it, huh?

Alright alright let's wait a minute here ....

So I'm NOT crazy and paranoid after all, I'm looking at an old photo on myself (see photo) and the bump in my nose wasn't so bad! I mean, of course there was a sink and then an outward projection, but it was pretty snooth out after that. Now my nose is a defined bump and then a dent, and then a projection again, it's irregular. I thought that my bump was just being revealed as the swelling went down, but my nose is actually looking more irregular than it was before. I'm thinking callouses, but ... :/ thats such wishful thinking, did anyone else's noses turn out like this after the surgery? :)

3 weeks, I'm blowing my nose I don't care!

Hey everybody! Yesterday made it three weeks since my operation. I can't believe it, it seems like ages ago.

So at this point the tip of my nose is still very hard and I have irregular swelling all over the place, which makes my nose look weird at times. However, I went to the Med Banquet party last Friday, and absolutely no one from my school noticed that I had surgery.. Which was awesome. So whether this surgery was "worth it", I don't know.. But it definitely wasn't a mistake.

At week three life is obviously becoming a bit easier.. As the title says I've been able to blow the gunk out of my nose. I'm starting back to exercise moderately.. And I occasionally wear my glasses but I do see them imprint in the swelling of my nose.. So I only wear them when I have to.

SWIMMING.. URGH! Swimming is still the only thing I can't do.. Yet. I'm such a beach junkie so being unable to swim underwater is a major drag for me, especially during summer time.

Tell me, how long after surgery did U start back exercising? Wearing glasses? Swimming? My doctor always says wait wait wait.. But I wanna hear from actual people!

Swelling when I'm active

So at about three and a half weeks I've decided to be Miss Daredevil and go swimming and feting and all that active stuff, next day, nose was swollen as hell! Lol, anyways, it's good to see what are aggravating factors and relieving factors. This is a photo of my swollen nose right before a party ..

Oh, about my surgeon

I've realized I haven't given any description about my particular surgeon. The reason is, because I live in a country called Trinidad in the West Indies and I doubt very many of you are from there... Lol. When I was creating my account it would only allow an American profile because they didn't know where Trinidad and Tobago was, :( hence why it says Trinidad, CO. But my surgeon was really fantastic, really helpful and answered all my questions. Everything went smoothly and if any of you are thinking of getting a rhinoplasty done in this little island, I'd be happy to answer any questions about it!

1 month <3

So they say at 1 month is when you get an idea of what your nose will permanently look like. At 1 month I can say I'm very happy, in this pic I'm posting is when I'm in Grenada getting my life back, even swimming. I almost keep forgetting that I had surgery done and I have to be careful. I'm so happy with how it looks, and from now on my updates would be fewer and further in between.

I have to say, to anyone getting a rhinoplasty... You have to be prepared for anything. You HAVE to be flexible. The nose I have is not the nose I planned to have, but I like it because I'm open. The truth is, this procedure is SO inpredictable and it is a risk, even if your surgeon is in the same page as you are, there's know guarantee that you'd get exactly what you want.

When I joined this site, I read a quote that said: The best candidates for rhinoplasty are those who are seeking improvement, not perfection.

It is SO true. Well, at one month, I got my improvement.

Pimples and oily skin (7 weeks)

So I know I'm not the only one who has this problem with tiny pimples popping up all over my nose. (In Trinidad we call them "heats" because they appear in the sun). However, I do feel like its a bit late for me for be having this problem, I'm now about 7 weeks post op and everywhere I've read has said that this breakout is caused by taping trapping the oil and stuff.

With my little medical knowledge, I'm thinking that there's a lack of drainage that's causing the little buggers to appear on my nose. What I can't explain is why my nose is SO OILY all the time. I always had an oily nose, but this time it's taken to a different level, and it's DEFINITELY after the surgery.

If someone can enlighten me that'll really help. No medication has worked thus far (your daily soaps and salicylate)

2 months, tip dropping

It's funny. My very first post was about how worried I was with my upturned nose .. And now at 2 months the tip of my nose has dropped so much that I'm afraid it may just go back to looking like my old nose. What irony! The following are close up shots of me doing different facial expressions, showing how the dropping of my tip and the outward projection of my hump makes my nose look very long

3 months

At three months, I can pretty much say the majority of my healing is over