Planning on Getting a Nose Job...- Towson, MD

I've always been insecure about my nose. Ever...

I've always been insecure about my nose.
Ever since I was a little girl I've been told things like "Ew! Your nose!" or "Oh..you'd be pretty if it wasn't for your nose." Comments like that have stayed with me since I was 8 or 9. Kids can be so mean. :(
Well, now I'm 16 and I'm planning on getting my nose fixed. I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on October 22 and I'll let you guys know how it goes!

So I've made an appointment with another surgeon...

So I've made an appointment with another surgeon for a consultation. Always good to get second opinions :)
That appointment is on November 15..so far away! I just want to fix my nose already!
If it takes so long to get a consultation, how long is it going to be to get an appointment for surgery???

I finally had my first consultation! The doctor...

I finally had my first consultation!
The doctor was friendly enough..not much to say really.
He told me that he would like to make my nose narrower, get rid of my bump and add some cartilage to the area beneath the middle of my eyebrows (whatever that means).
I'm supposed to do more research to find the type of nose I want...so I guess I'm going to do that.
I also have one more consultation in around a month from now so I'll be getting another opinion!
Oh, also this doctor would be charging around $9,000.

A friend

Hello ! Long time we don't know what happens to you ? Did u get your nose job ? Tell us how is everything going ? I feel so nervous bc I'm going to start to look for a doctor .
hi, im only 16 too. since primary school people have taken the mic out of my nose, its not misshaped or anything just big, some people say there is nothing wrong with it but then others say eww its massive and stuff, people dont realise that i have feelings and it does upset me and make me feel self concious. its got to the stage where im scared of meeting new people because im scared of what they are going to think. personally i dont feel confident anymore and i really want it sorting. i dont think my nose is huge but its bigger than other peoples. ive thought about nose jobs but im such a fanny i dont think id be able to go through with it. help?x
I know what you mean :/ im even self conscious around my best friends. People are really mean sometimes. Honestly, do YOU think theres anything wrong with your nose? Or is it all because of what other people think? Will it help your self image? With the surgery, youre asleep the whole time so whats there really to be scared of? The pain after probably isn't all its made out to be anyways :) and even if it is itll be worth it cuz you have a pretty new nose!
Also, not everyones nose has to be the same size. If your nose suits your face and isn't terribly huge then why bother?
there is nothing wrong with your nose, but good luck!
You're adorable and I think if you research well and know how to communicate well with your surgeon and vice versa you should go for it! Wish I hadn't waited till I was 26. Good luck.
Thanks! Trying to do all the research I can :)
I definitely will :) thanks!
Good luck with your consult! I wish I had done my plastic surgery sooner so that I would go through all the milestones of my life (prom, grad, university, dating etc...) feeling as confident as ever. Just make sure this is really what you want!! Keep us posted:)

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Kids can be so mean. You are gorgeous AS IS.

Here's what some doctors say about choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon and here's a list I put together of questions to ask your prospective rhinoplasty surgeon. Please let us know how the consultation goes!