Supratip Swelling or New Nose? Front view- Toronto, ON

I had a surgery on April 11, and now it is April...

I had a surgery on April 11, and now it is April 18, I got my cast removed today and I am unsure about what I am seeing. I understand that it is too early on after the surgery, but perhaps I could get some good educated advice regarding the shape of the side view of my nose. I am unsure to whether or not this is caused by swelling (the pollybeak) or if there is something wrong here? Prior to surgery, my bridge and tip met fairly close, and this is completely different than how it i was before. Please let me know.

Also, check out the before and after pictures of...

Also, check out the before and after pictures of my front view, doesn't look like anything has changed.. any advice or comments?

I must add that I am not sure exactly what kind.....

I must add that I am not sure exactly what kind.. but the surgeon placed a graft in my tip to support it.. is it possible that the graft is over sized and that this is why over my tip is large and bulges out -- both from front and side view? will the grafting cause swelling where the graft was placed? Anyone experience a graft and looking large??

My nose is slowing starting to change for the...

My nose is slowing starting to change for the better, sometimes our minds just get kinda crazy and anxious, There is still the bump on the supratip.. But im just gonna wait it out because I remembered that I totally trust my surgeon and he's absolutely amazing! So its all up to what my body is doing and how my skin and everything else is reacting! So it has nothing to do with the job that was done!

Hunny, My surgery was on April 15th and I am having the same problem with swelling in the tip. It's just a matter of trusting the process, I think. You look beautiful and I think you will be very happy in the end. Good luck and keep in touch! -Maggie
I had spreader grafts used. They go into the middle vault of the nose is (between the bone and cartilage). Probably not the same as what you have as they end before the tip begins; although, they can sometimes make the tip appear somewhat larger. My skin seemed to swell up MOST in these areas after cast removal. The skin just inst used to that cartilage graft being there. I too was worried that I would be left with a much wider nose than before, but it was just swelling. It took right up to a month before I saw any nice changes take place. Just remember the grafts are there for a reason, and you should trust your surgeon and give yourself more time before you start to worry much.
Swelling also improves from the top of the nose down; thus swelling in the tip will last the longest.

Here's what doctors said to another user who was concerned that her graft was too big, but I'm sure it's similar to what you're hearing, that it's way too soon to make any judgments and you just have to be patient. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I think it's reality at this point.

You seem concerned enough to call your surgeon and ask. That might help ease your mind some. Good luck and please let us know how you continue to heal.

From what i've read, 75% of the swelling subsides after 60 days. it's a waiting game for sure. who is your doctor?
Don't know if I was clear, but I meant that I think your bridge and tip seem distant from each other, and the tip seems to project, is because of tip swelling.
I think what happened is your cast helped to contain the swelling, but once the cast came off, your nose, especially the tip, started to really swell significantly. I think that because when my cast first came off, I really liked the shape of my nose, but by that night, it had started to swell a lot. I'm at 4 months, and my surgeon just told me last week that when all my swelling goes away, my nose will be more like it was right when the cast first came off. Regarding the front view, I don't know what you had done, but it seems like the majority of patients have a sausage-shaped nose from the front after surgery. So it seems like what you're experiencing is normal.
I don't have a graft in my tip but I do have ostomies. Your nose could be more swollen due to the extensive work. I know it's hard to be calm and not think about it but rhinoplasty is kind of a slow process for healing. You can try taking some bromelain and or turmeric for swelling I've been taking it and can tell a significant difference in healing compared to some.
It looks like like your nose has ballooned due to swelling. Significant changes happen over the first few weeks. but this area will be the slowest to de-swell. Keep sleeping elevated, drink lots of water, avoid sodium like the plague, perhaps continue taping (but speak to your surgeon about this) and be prepared for it to take time. I hope you see a lot of change soon.
Yes I can absolutely see a change under ALL that swelling. You poor thing..it's WAY WAY too soon to see any drastic changes. From what I've been reading from all the other girls on here it's typically normal for the swelling to get worse once the cast comes off. Make sure youre taking arnica..bromelain & stay away from salty foods. Keep us updated!!!
It's swelling!
It's completely normal to have a lot of swelling in the supratip area. The tip of my nose and columella were very swollen right after surgery. I'm three weeks out and have seen a lot of improvement. I know my doctor wouldn't even think of doing any steroid injections until after six weeks. Good luck!
I had my surgery Dec 7th and my nose is still a tad swollen ( you can't tell though). It's going to take a few months to get the final effect, but what you are seeing now is exactly on schedule. Don't worry and let mother nature take it's course. :-)
Hi! You look very swollen. It is much too soon to judge your outcome. I know this from personal opinion. My nose looked like a lumpy hotdog at 2.5 weeks out. At 3 weeks it's started going down. Give yourself sometime. If too concern speak with your surgeon. He/ she should be able to help put your fears at ease. I'm unsure of we're most of your work was done bc you don't have a before picture. I had septoplasty/ rhinoplasty with a dorsal hump removed and tip reduced. My whole nose looked huge.
Definitely ask some doctors on here, but you should probably check with your surgeon with any concerns. Like you said, it is much to early to tell. What all did you have done? Tip work? I wouldn't put much stock into what you are seeing now; there is A LOT of swelling, and it is evident from your frontal view.

Thanks for your post! This is a great spot to write your story about your journey to a rhinoplasty and we hope you will. If you'd like to post your question to doctors, you should do that here in the Doctor Q&A community. I hope this helps and that you'll come back and keep us updated on how you're healing.