My Great Experience - Toronto, ON

I had a nose that was too long (overprojected) and...

I had a nose that was too long (overprojected) and too "fat" (wide and bulbous from the front view). I also had other issues - a deviated septum that impeded breathing, a bump on the top of the bridge from a childhood injury, and my nose wasn't exactly straight. He did a fantastic job of resolving these issues, and the aesthetic result is very pleasing. I've gotten nothing but complements and I love the result myself.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. R is a consummate professional, and the results that he produced on my nose were excellent. I had a great experience. All of my expectations were met and Dr. R as an absolute professional throughout. The only advice that I would provide is that you only have a couple of fairly quick consultations prior to the surgery, so make sure that you have all of your questions ready before your consultations to avoid the nuisance of having to go back and ask your questions by phone or email later. Also be sure to clearly communicate what you want done (as would be the case with any surgeon) so that you can be sure that you'll like the result. I was able to get on the same page with Dr. R in terms of what I wanted, and he produced a magnificent result. I could not be happier - he does fantastic work. I chose him because he has a great deal of experience, and my results testify to that.

I was operated on over 10 years ago, the work was sloppy and I went for a revision with Dr.Rival

Dr.Rival probably is the best in GTA, the thing is the consultations were quick and at no point I felt there was enough communication established.

At on point I've suggested certain approach and he just said "perhaps" - no pros and cons or why not etc.

I believe that the Doctor should suggest several things briefly, describing possible benefits and complications and then decide with the patient on what will be done.

10 days before the surgery after I paid in full and had a last consultation, he all of a sudden says "well, we're not going to set the tip back", I felt completely sandbagged at that point and frankly drew a blank for a sec.
Similar experience happened apparently to a female reviwer
if you read her comments.
Dr.Rival is the safest specialist though and you won't get butchered for sure, in my case I feel the work was very skilled but rushed and more could have been done.
well, so far my experience is exactly the opposite of what is described here.

3 months post-op I'm trying to "stay positive" and be very patient, but I've got a feeling that my upcoming review will really take some gloss off of this review.
Could you please elaborate? I have a consultation with Rival soon and now I'm a bit apprehensive.
sorry aurorabor,
my reply ended up in general thread.

to be quick, for $6700+13% HST I ended up with slightly thinner frontal view,
nice dimples around the nostrils and very improved breathing.

frankly, none of those things really bothered me but overprojection did - the beak sticking out way to far from the face.

so the main issue was almost not addressed at all and the minor irrelevant to me things were addressed nicely.

knowing the outcome I would have went elsewhere, still Dr.Rival is probably best bet in GTA.

if you click on my name there are pics in the question link.
Hi dmplg, I am considering going to Rival for my revision because he is very conservative and does natural looking noses. I want very little done just some enhancements one being an alar base reduction which I hear can be difficult. Now that I am reading your comments I am hesitant. I already am very unhappy with my nose so I don't want it to get worse. Do you have any more pictures from the before and after? From your side picture it looks pretty good.
I'm glad you were happy with your results. Dr. Rival is currently my first choice, depending on how my consultation in a few weeks goes.

I was just wondering, was $6000 the final cost or the cost before taxes and all other fees?
Hi there,

No, the cost I was quoted was $6,000 plus HST. Therefore, it came out to $6,780. The cost of the initial consultation was in addition to the aforementioned.

After your initial consultation, if you decide to go ahead with it, Dr. Rival's staff will explain the payment terms for the full amount. An option that I was given (and you should definitely ask if it isn't explicitly offered to you by the staff) is digital imaging, whereby you explain to Dr. Rival what you want and he takes photos of you and then mocks them up. I was told that there is a $200 charge for this, but it comes out of the $6,000 plus HST - so it effectively is free as long as you proceed with surgery. I found it helped me to envision the final result, and I suggest you do it.

Good luck - the guy is really great. He continues to provide me with good, caring advice as I attend post-op consultations with him.
Could you estimate how much it would of cost if you had just 'tip" plasty. I also have a very bulbous tiped nose, a slight hump but its not really noticable from any angle however when i smile my nose looks extra large and does not match the rest of my features or face. I also living in the Toronto Area And was curious how much it Might cost just for shortening nostrils appearance and reducing tip(refining it) without touching any bones. Did your doctor happen to say how much that might cost?
Nope. You should consider going for a consultation - the cost of a consultation is very small in relation to the actual procedure. Also check the before-and-after pics on some local surgeons' websites - that was how I chose my surgeon. Good luck!

Sounds like a fantastic result! We'd love to see your before and after pics if you want to put them up.