My Great Experience - Toronto, ON

I had a nose that was too long (overprojected) and...

I had a nose that was too long (overprojected) and too "fat" (wide and bulbous from the front view). I also had other issues - a deviated septum that impeded breathing, a bump on the top of the bridge from a childhood injury, and my nose wasn't exactly straight. He did a fantastic job of resolving these issues, and the aesthetic result is very pleasing. I've gotten nothing but complements and I love the result myself.

I was operated on over 10 years ago, the work was sloppy and I went for a revision with Dr.Rival

Dr.Rival probably is the best in GTA, the thing is the consultations were quick and at no point I felt there was enough communication established.

At on point I've suggested certain approach and he just said "perhaps" - no pros and cons or why not etc.

I believe that the Doctor should suggest several things briefly, describing possible benefits and complications and then decide with the patient on what will be done.

10 days before the surgery after I paid in full and had a last consultation, he all of a sudden says "well, we're not going to set the tip back", I felt completely sandbagged at that point and frankly drew a blank for a sec.
Similar experience happened apparently to a female reviwer
if you read her comments.
Dr.Rival is the safest specialist though and you won't get butchered for sure, in my case I feel the work was very skilled but rushed and more could have been done.
well, so far my experience is exactly the opposite of what is described here.

3 months post-op I'm trying to "stay positive" and be very patient, but I've got a feeling that my upcoming review will really take some gloss off of this review.
Could you please elaborate? I have a consultation with Rival soon and now I'm a bit apprehensive.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. R is a consummate professional, and the results that he produced on my nose were excellent. I had a great experience. All of my expectations were met and Dr. R as an absolute professional throughout. The only advice that I would provide is that you only have a couple of fairly quick consultations prior to the surgery, so make sure that you have all of your questions ready before your consultations to avoid the nuisance of having to go back and ask your questions by phone or email later. Also be sure to clearly communicate what you want done (as would be the case with any surgeon) so that you can be sure that you'll like the result. I was able to get on the same page with Dr. R in terms of what I wanted, and he produced a magnificent result. I could not be happier - he does fantastic work. I chose him because he has a great deal of experience, and my results testify to that.