Need a Revision - No Pros to This Procedure and Now Must Pay for "Touch-ups"

-No pros, just a big hole in my wallet! Left me...

-No pros, just a big hole in my wallet! Left me broke!

-I was made fun of my whole life and it got to me; It made me very self-consious because of that.

I advice anyone who wants to get this done, not to. It's SIMPLY NOT WORTH IT!... Your gambling.

I am pretty angry with the outcome of my surgery considering my plastic surgeon made it seem easy. I am curious... If my Dr. said " THE COST OF YOUR SURGERY IS "5900" and includes any touch ups if needed(ie,free right?)", before I had my primary rhinoplasty, does he have a right to charge me an additional 2000 dollars for anesthesia for revision rhino? He never specified I had to pay for anesthesia before I had my primary if things didn't go well. I don't think this is right and feel like I have been taken advantage of! ---- Ontario,Canada

Self-conscious Deviated,bump on my nose.

Self-conscious Deviated,bump on my nose.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 23 Feb 2012:
This surgeon is absolutely terrible. He advertises himself as if he's good, and misleads you into thinking so. Has two surgeries done by him, both times very unsuccessful. He didn't even attemp to fix my deviated septum ( lazy) and didn't remove the full extent of my bump. Don't waste your hard earned money with him. He is one of the worst in Ontario.

I also went to Dr. Solomon for my rhinoplasty. It was okay looking at first but then began to change and not for the better. I was told to come back after 1 year and if I still was unhappy he would work on my nose again. I wasnt charged the second time around as he put it through OHIP so it was covered that way. I had a graft put in to support my tip. Again, my nose looked okay right after but over time it got really really bad. I hated my nose! It went so out of shape. The tip dropped so much when I would smile. There is no way anyone would say my nose was done well. I have pictures posted on my review of all stages. So I went back to him again for a third time (Why oh why did I do this?) He said he would work on it again and I was charged $2000 plus HST to cover hospital fees. He said its alot better then paying another $6000. Well, I should have just used that $2000 towards another surgeon because as usual the tip of my nose has dropped. Not as bad as before but it def has dropped and my nose just looks wide and bulbous again when I smile. Now Im looking into consulting another surgeon to fix Dr. Solomons mistakes.
heey... I came to an agreement with my Dr. He said I don't have to pay for the touch-ups nemore... But I am still contimplating if I want to do the surgery again with him considering he didn't even get close to the expectations the first time... No, the dr's name is Philip Solomon, in Thornhill Ontario. He's no good...
Hi again Ralph! Good news on the agreement, but I think maybe the last three words of your post might be the answer as to whether to use this doctor again for a revision. "He's no good..." sounds NO GOOD. Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck mate, K
is your doctor Dr. Kane?
**I asked him (straight from hmail) ----------------------------- Hi, this is Ralph. I had an appointment with you today at 2:15. Is it O.K. if I can get an estimate of the price of the job? --------------------------- **This is exactly what he said from Hmail: ------------------------------ Hi Ralph. Price is 5600 plus gst. Includes surgery and any touchups if needed ------------------------------ Let me know what you think

This is just my opinion but I think it would be tough to prove anything with the email alone. It's more a "lie of omission" than anything else. I forget if you mentioned signing a contract? All the fine print will be in there and that'll be the determining factor - there's probably an asterisk somewhere describing additional fees like anesthesia.

Maybe I'm too much of a pessimist but all he has to do is say that he did tell you, and then it's he said, he said. By all means though, I think you should pursue it with him. Nothing bad can come from trying!

My 2 cents.

well... I asked him how much it costs, and he replied "5880, includes any touch ups if needed"... What do you think? I still have the email from him.
Get all of the relevant documents you have relating to your agreement with your doctor about revisions (for example any contract you signed and the email you have) and take them to a lawyer who specialises in this area for a professional opinion of what you are entitled to under the agreement. Nobody will be able to give you an opinion as to your legal rights without seeing all relevant documents and listening to the full facts of your case. You need to see a lawyer. This is also not the appropriate forum for anyone to give you legal advice. I wish you luck. Cheers
Well... when you think about it... Is it really worth it to seek legal help/advise? Wouldn't the cost of a lawyer = to the amnt that I would be paying for the anesthesia anyways?
Ralph - I am a lawyer in Australia. There are some law firms here who will do the initial consultation and give people general legal advice about the merits of their matter at a flat rate or reduced rate. Alternatively, Australia also has community legal centres and pro bono clinics where people can get legal advice for minimal or no cost. If I am correct, you are really just looking to see where you stand. From what I can see on the internet, similar community legal schemes exist in Canada. I am not sure what area of Toronto you live in and I am also not sure if yours is the type of matter that the legal clinics deal with, but have a look at: http://www.rexdalecommunitylegalclinic.ca/ and http://www.parkdalelegal.org/ If the legal clinic in your area can't help you directly, they might be able to point you in the right direction about where to get advice without breaking the budget. Cheers.
lol, nice. Too bad you'r not from Canada I'd ask you to come with me... aha.
Glad to be of assistance. Good luck and let us know how you go!

Hi Ralph,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had. Did you sign a contract? Your rights should be spelled out there, so try to get a copy from your doctor if you can.

A lot of surgeons don't charge a new fee for certain revisions, but do require the patient to pay OR fees, anesthesia, etc. This basically means their time is free, but the rest isn't. But if your surgeon said something different, I'd say you definitely have a right to hold him to it.

Good luck!