24 Years Old and FINALLY Booking my Appointment for Rhinoplasty! - Toronto, ON

I'm a 24 year old female and I've wanted...

I'm a 24 year old female and I've wanted to get rhinoplasty ever since I can remember. I do not think I am ugly or anything like that but my nose has defiently held me back from alot of things; I've always wondered what people think of it and what not.

My nose is quite large, I have a bump, and hanging columella

Today I am going to finally book my appointment for surgery; I will be getting it January 17th!

I am SUPER excited! The countdown begins!!!:D

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, how you are? I hope the swelling in going down and you are feeling better and no longer in pain. All the best to you! If you wish, please share any of the concerns you might have or suggestions for others who will be in the same situation as you. Thank you so much in advance.
Hi, I am considering Dr. smith. How have your results been with him? Are you able to share any pictures?
Heyy! I am only 3 months post op...my nose is no where near perfect but every day it's getting better and better...i do have some concerns because I feel it is a bit bumpy on my nose but this could be just swelling...also, from the front, it looks like my columella is still hanging a bit, but again, this could be just swelling...in general...my nose looks 100 times better and he is a great great doctor...he cares a lot about his patients and i am sure he gives 150% into every surgery he does...he is great
hello , I hope everything was ok with your surgery. After the cast remove and when you feel good, give us some news about your surgery.
Hi, how are you? I wanted to f/up to see if everything went well for you and how you are doing. Best of luck.
Hii...the surgery went well...I am in tons of pain but it is getting better and better each day :)
Hi Ririh,
I wanted to wish you best of luck with your surgery next week. Stay strong and rest to speed up recovery. You are in the best of hands. Hugs. Ola
good luck for your surgery. i can't wait to see the result because i will get a consultation with him soon. i had 2 previous rhino and still don't like my nose i really trust this doctor .
Thank you! I'm super excited...Do you have pics of your nose?
Thank you for the quick responce. I will continue emailing him. He has been so busy lately that he delays his responses or does not respond at all. :( It of course does not help to put me at ease but will work throuhg it. Thank you again. Are you comfortable posting your pics at all? Or will you wait until after the operation? :) Thanks. All the best.
Don't worry, he probably has so many patients to deal with and they might be scheduled before you. I'm not comfortable posting pictures as of yet but I am for sure planning to post some after the surgery :)
Hi olakuzya,

I'm glad to hear you're excited. Don't worry too much, I think you're just scared. I only saw Dr.Smith once- being the initial in-take. I have spoken to him via e-mail and I'm fine with that. What I did was I wrote down every single possible question I may have and sent it to him- it really cleared my head and so I decided to move forward and I am very happy about it. Also, whenever I think of a question to ask him, I do e-mail him. I hope this helps. Honestly, you just have to trust him.
Hi Ririh, i share your excitement. Congratulations! I am actually scheduled for a septorhinoplasty for Feb 10th. I will look forward to your update and pictures.

Hi, I wanted to get your opinion on the appointment(s) with Dr. Smith. How many times did you see Dr. Smith prior to your surgery including your initial intake? I met with Dr. Smith 2 times and had a few short email interactions. To be honest I am a little concerned that this may not be sufficient to truly get get a picture of the case. I am not sure what is common in the industry....Thanx.

Thank you! 53 more days :)
I don't mind at all. His name is Dr. Oakley Smith.
Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you :)

I updated your doctor information above with his name. :0)

Do you feel comfortable sharing the name of your surgeon? I am also searching for a surgeon in Toronto.

Woo-hoo! I'm excited for you, too. Make sure you've chosen a doctor who specializes in rhinoplasty and with whom you can communicate clearly about what you want. Getting your nose fixed is so liberating. You no longer have to think about your nose and wonder what others are thinking!

Keep us posted and thank you for starting your story with us.