post-op..and now we wait -Toronto, ON

So im about 10 days post op right now and i dont...

so im about 10 days post op right now and i dont know how i feel. myy nose looks amazing from the side, but the front is so incredibly swollen (im led to believe), and is about double the width of my old nose. it was a closed rhinoplasty though and my doctor even told me he wouldnt change the width of my old nose since he himself said it was nice the way it is. and those bones dont feel broken too, so i have hope that it will return to its normal width.
heres to hoping.

if it does, however, then id be very pleased and im going to go ahead and say this was 100000% worth it.

ps i dont want to add pics just yet because i feel disgusting/ ugly. maybe when i start looking right again, ill be happy to laugh over the recovery pics with the world.

swollenness is alot better.. feeling good!

put tape on my nose for a few days and it looks way better! it has come down alot an today i even went out in public! im going to post some photos of the transition. ive never come across anyone with a bigger nose than mine (in terms of swollenness) so im about to give hope to lots of people out there.

just added a bunch of photos, kinda all jumbled up. wow cant believe the chnage... def love my new nose but missing the width of my old one, it was much skinnier.. but i know its just swelling! :)

before bed...

i know theres alot of swelling but im seriously worried about the nostrils. theyre so wide and flare-y... hoping they dont stay this noticeable. theyre creepin me out :(

nose feels funny

its funny, im getting a tiny bit of feeling back in my nose. the bridge is definitely coming along but the tip still feels rock hard and like itdoesnt belong on my face. when i press on my nostrils lightly, it feels like it was sculpted from some rock lol! some days, my nose looks so defined (bridge wise) and today as i got out of the shower, it looked like puddy again. gah i cant wait for a year to come so i can finally see it.

in other news, im always always always thirsty or dry in general. maybe its cos im still breathing from my mouth, but i find myself drinking SO much water lately, and im not a water person usually. also find my skin is overall so much more dry which is weird cos im drinking so much water! ah well. chapstick, a good moisturizer and water canteens are my savior.

exercise!

quick little addition.. but i miss the gym SOOO much! its depressing without it. ive gotten so flabby cos of school and nose job oh my.
when did you all go back to the gym? i cant wait

Upturned tip

How long did it take those of you with upturned tips to notice it being normal again? This is bothering me so much! My nostrils show a little too much!!

Itchy insides

The only thing I am having major issues with is the inside of my noseā€¦ It is so incredibly itchy that I cannot handle it. I think it's like the stitches and the suture knots but they are so itchy and dried up that I just want to scratch my entire nose out. It has been like this for 2-3 days now... Can't wait till this ends

day 15

my nose is looking alot thinner but the tip is still big and i feel like its upturned because i can see my round, big, nostrils pretty clearly.
im scared its going to stay this way forever....

Day 14

Hoping the swelling hurries up! Haha. Make up finally on today, felt better

oops

oops last review was supposed to be day 16.. not 14.

17 days.. That's the magic number

before

found a frontal BEFORE pic lol even this one is "flattering" so you can imagine the horrors of my old nose.

however the width here is so much smaller! crazy swelling now i assume.

...

Getting impatient with my tip. Still slightly upturned and bulbous.

Help please

Here is my main concern and if anyone could tell me if its normal/not normal i woul really appreciate it. When you look at me head on, I like the nose. But when I tilt my head even slightly or laugh I find my nostrils are just oddly huge. Is this in my head? Is this normal for 3 weeks post op? Or not?

I have a tiny bit of hope it's swelling cos my tip part is completely rock hard and I can't move it at all.

Ps excuse the dark eyes.. Still residual bruising I assume

23? Days post op

swollen today

one eye feels like its going to shut. its so weird. it also hurts alot underneath that eye.. the other one doesnt.

maybe has to do with the fact that i had fried foods yesterday/high salt?

not sure.
very weird.

Bummer

Sucks cos all my friends say I still look the same (but better)! I know I obviously don't since my nose was super droopy and had a huge bump before and it has none of that now but I was hoping for a huge, nice change!

Update

Getting better but still soo swollen at the tip! Can't wait for a year to pass.. It's taking forever with me

almost 10 months now...

a lot better. The tip/septum area is still very stiff though, and when I smile it doesnt lift completely, which makes me feel awkward sometimes. im starting to think it wont get back to natural now though. ive also come to accept that im an insanely slow healer.

nose expansion when smiling lol

see here, its not as expanded as the other pic

10 months

Love the profile. If only it was this tiny when I smile too

10 months

Your nose looks *beautiful*! Congratulations! : )
It expands because the dr deprojected ur nose which causes ur nostrils to flare outwards. When your nose tip used to be longer it had a higher peak so ur nostrils couldn't expand/flatten as much. This is only one of many reasons I regret my surgery. Wish they hadve explained that to me before I went under the knife cos I wouldn't of wated my money on what looks like a monstrosity on my face.
you look amazing who was your surgeon looking for a Dr in Toronto
looking amazing! I really love the results so far and they will only get better as the swelling continues to go down esp at the tip :)
You look good girl. Your nostrils do not look bigger thats all in your head and they will still shrink up to a year if you really wanted them smaller but they look perfect and i'm being honest.
You look great and your swelling has gone down so much! We had the same plastic surgeon, and I just had my septo/rhinoplasty on July 17, and following your progress really helped me a great deal! Thank you for answering all my questions :)
Your 23 post op picture looks awesome. You can tell the swelling went down a lot! Of course you are going to look the same! It's good to look the same, but better! The swelling will continue to go down and look even better. My family and my boyfriend said they don't see a huge difference and I look like me still. It's a huge change for me and that's all that matters! No one cared if I got my nose done or didn't get it done. They thought it was just fine. But to me it was horrible! It's all about your confidence, and doing this for yourself! Your friends didn't analyze your nose like you did :) Congrats on your result!! xo
You look really good!! It fits your face nicely and the swelling will go down according to my doctor in a few months ull be able to see the difference from the beginning! And exercise I understand you perfectly I read that in 2 weeks u can start lifting on ur lower half, walking nothing too fast and in a month u can start with regular exercise and lifting ur upper half now!!
Your profile looks amazing so far! It's only going to improve from here! Don't forget there is a ton of swelling, and the final result will be more refined. Keep your head up. :)
thanks so much, sometimes you forget and you get so depressed. thank god for this site haha
I think it looks REALLY good. The swelling is going down totally! I can see the day of cast removal that the swelling would have been alarming. lol. But the new pictures (only like a week later) it looks SO SO SO good. I would be happy. Congrats!!
thanks so much! yes that was beyond scary.. started becoming kind of hilarious
WOWWW you'll look amazing!
thank you! i hope so
Wow! You look fantastic and your nose looks amazing! My septorhinoplasty is on July 17th with the same plastic surgeon as you, and I hope I have good results like yours! Thank you for your updates, I really appreciate it :)
no problem! so excited for you! im positive it will go smoothly
17 really is the magic number ! Your nose looks beautiful
thanks so much! its actually not even that great in pics yet, but in real life i find it so appealing. the tip of course is a bit bulbous still but way better than the pic, this is probably cos 3d is way more flattering right now than 2d.
I'm having the same problems... Rock hard tip and nostrils look so big! But we just need to be patient! My doctor and I'm sure yours too would say we still have a long ways to go and things will definitely start looking more perfect in a few months ;)
the swelling goes down everyday so im told! people who see me regularly keep complimenting me now. i have good faith for us!
Looks great, especially the profile! Who was your doctor?
dr was richard rival in toronto. hes awesome :)
Thanks guys :) I like it so far. The tips still alittle too rounded and bulbous which I thiink is swelling cos it's rock hard there. Only time will tell! Either way it's such an improvement from my old nose
You look great!!
All your bruising is gone and your nose looks good, it will only get smaller from here! Happy for you.