I have struggled with acne since I was in middle...

I have struggled with acne since I was in middle school and I am now 26. I would say I am pretty confident but only as confident as one can be with horrid acne. I had gotten use to it and was ok until I met a group of ppl in person I knew on Facebook and they called me a catfish.. It hurt to my core but at least it motivated me to start my journey. I got to the point I felt like nothing would work but I am hoping this will be worth the while ... I am self pay so I clearly want this THAT bad. I've been called star crunch referred to as a burn victim and even had a baby point and saw "owwy owwy" it's these things that no matter how much self esteem you have it rips at your soul. I pray before taking this medication because I am kind of scared so if anyone is there to support please do I am in need. I finish January 2015 I pray this works and that I can financially withstand the cost ! If anyone else is self pay.. SAMs club has Myorisan on the extra value drug list for $96-10mg $114-20mg and $135-40mg (plus membership price) hope it helps someone .. My doctor started me in the 40mg and will up it next month since my skin is so horrible right now. I have no idea what to expect I haven't ever been acne free well after age 10 it's been a down hill battle . Hope i can start winning :)

Hey doll! I have also suffered with acne since middle school and I know the feeling really sucks. A lot of people think I don't understand them because my acne isn't that bad. But at the same time, we see ourselves different than hoe other people see us and my acne has been a major issue for me. I'm now on my 11th day of Accutane, I take 40mg a day everyday for 5 months. The only side effects I am having is severely dry cracked lips, peeling skin, and a headache here and there. Please keep us updated. I wish you the best of luck!
That's supposed to say how not hoe lol.
Thank you lol my phone is horrible with the how's and hoes too lol but honestly I would never say someone's acne is "not that bad" because everyone is different ... I have wished to be in their shoes as opposed to mine. The worse part about acne is when you feel your acne is getting better and here come the "experts" telling you about how their skin use to be as bad as yours and give you some mundane remedy that you've probably tried unsuccessfully before lol My course is 6 months on an inclining dosage 40 this month 60 next month

Day six 40mg a day

I am updating so that I can keep a tally of my symptoms. I started off getting headaches immediately but increase in water and voila! No more headache !

Dry eyes :( when I wake up I have "eye boogies" keeping my eyes from opening almost and dry eyes I've never used eye drops and hope this will go away with even more water

My initial break out I got literally first day pimples on my back and I had bacne in like middle school but not adult bacne so it started in my back and I also flared up on my face which sucked because I interviewed for an important job (I always feel judged)

Tonight I have noticed peeling skin on my nose and face which I have photographed

I am taking tri sprinted and 40mg Myorisan ... People
Have been abnormally ignorant in my opinion and it aggravates me not sure if it's a symptom I can be sort of temperamental when it comes to certain things that could either be avoided or things that are out of my control. It's Leo season it's expected I guess :)

I used accutane back in 2012, I was 17 when I say nothing would work NOTHING worked lol, until I started using accutane, I used it for a year and my face completely cleared before the 12 months came, i had acne bad. only side effects I had were dry lips and skin peeling
I am praying that my side effects stay minimal also I'm trying to update weekly for those who are curious about the step by step symptoms of others... My derm I believe she was right by saying it is an awesome drug with a bad rap sheet!
Don't give you lady! You are so beautiful. You will get through this, I am starting in 11 days as well! I have researched accutane fully, and have finally decided to take the plunge, after years of oral and topical antibiotics that only worked for an extended amount of time. I even tried spironolactone, that seemed to have messed up my hormones even more. I have come to conclusion that acne is an auto immune disorder, where our hormones over respond to stressors and thus create acne. It is out of our control. Insulin spike doesn't help either. I have a very clean diet as well. Have you cut out dairy, sugar and caffeine?? That may help A LOT. It has for me. I hope you don't take this information like I am trying to tell you what to do, because I am coming from such a personal/vulnerable place, because I totally identify with your feelings. I am have come to a few conclusions of how I am going to prepare myself for treatment. Maybe these tips can help you as well :) Drink a lot of water! Don't drink alcohol, limit exercise and take extra care of your body during treatment. Your body is going to be very sensitive. I would also limit the blow dryer and hot tools on your hair, as accutane essentially sucks out all the oils form your body. Keep your eyes. lips, muscles and hair lubricated at all times. Get a good leave-in conditioner. Get good sleep, and even months after accutane it will still be in your system so possibly look into taking probiotics to rebuild the gut. I drink a lot of kombucha and I am not sure if I will be able to drink it during treatment but it helps a lot with digestion and the function of your gut, which may be effected by accutane. But I know that if you are careful and take all the necessary precautions your body will recover over time. :) Keep updating from week to week! I want to know how you are doing :) Remember your skin may get worse before it gets better, but don't pick! This happens to most everyone, and your not alone, it is pushing out all the gunk to reveal your clear skin :)

Week 2 Has Commenced

Well if there is anyone following my journey sorry if I update too much but I want to remember these moments so bare with me.

Symptoms:

PMSing and agitated often but not sure if that's an accutane thing or a Keena Thing.

Dry eyes : ouch when I wake up my eyes are sooooo dry maybe crying would help. Solution: (Going to invest in eye drops if it worsens and increase water intake even more)

My lips are acting like they want to dry up solution: I have started to attack them with aquafor and they jus feel kind of raw or leathery

My back hurts my legs hurt I feel "rusty" like I need to oil my joints my hip hurts sometimes when I walk (could be mental I am sort of a hypochondriac) solution: take up yoga and stretch for additional time before workouts. It is a must I stay fit with these medications

Scalp itches: could have just been dirty could be dried out from accutane not sure but hair loss is a no go I would be so sad solution: keep my hair clean, wear protective styles, moisturize and keep protein in my hair to strengthen it from breakage I will be installing braids like tomorrow

Heels: my heels make me feel like the bone of my foot is gonna go through it sometimes hopefully this is associated with working standing so much idk... Solution : pedicure and foot massage perhaps (get a boyfriend to rub my feet lol)

Overall nothing unbearable which is due to everyone praying for me in this process and being so willing to invite others in my journey

I totally understand those side effects, i had a few scares myself but hopefully it isn't anything serious. Everything will work out soon though. We are all here for each other.
most definitely doll!!!! So far I'm feeling great this has been a great day aside from me slacking off on my water intake and getting a headache I've had NO side effects #KnockOnWood ! Lol thanks for keeping up with my journey I see you updated I'm about to go bask in it.... I feel so encouraged by everyone sharing their stories showin love etc it is just amazing
Haha you are funny. But yes it's def amazing and encouraging. I had terrible scares but i'm back hopefully. I love my results so far, i would hate to give it up.

day 12 Progress

This is less of an update and more of a question...

I always hear that the first few months your skin is worse before better... Mine is progressively getting better. Should I expect it to break out or something freakish? I'm kind of confused my symptoms are quite non existent also aside from the other day I had a busy day and didn't eat or drink almost allll day I guess I forgot I been putting this strong chemical in my body :/ but I paid for it with the worse migraine ever!!!!!!! But now I'm eating for sure

Posted pics so you can compare the effects of these 9 days I'm far from clear but I see it clearing hmmmm I'm thankful nonetheless

I have been taking Zenatane for about 2 months now. First I was on 40mg but now I'm on 80. Keep me updated on your progress and best wishes on your journey!!!!
Thanks dear I shall!!!! I searched long and hard for zenatane bc it was only $50 at SAMs but they aren't manufacturing it anywhere near me :( but I got myorisan might so bad I must say... I've been getting compliments on my skin :) I never wear make up unless I'm headed to the club of interview even with horrid acne so that's a plus!!! May I asked when you went up to 80 were there significant changes Im your body Good or bad ? Any more bad breakouts? Etc I'm nervous bc I increase next move to 60 or 80 .... Thank you for joining my journey I'm excited nervous and anxious for the next 5 months 2015 shall be epic
After a month of being on 40mg my dermatologist upped my dose to 80mg. The only major difference I have noticed is severely dry lips. I have also noticed my eyes tend to get drier than before. I haven't notice a major difference in my skin but I still have 4 months to go! Wish me luck!!!!

The start of week 3

Let me just tell you I can not complain because my side effects are so minimal! Thank The Lord in heaven above for that. I was itching to update but was like JUST WAIT KEENA! So here I am.... I am getting compliments and people can see my skin making it's transformation. Can you believe it's only been 15 days ..?!?! I know crazy right? I think it's because I psyched myself out so much but I will list out some of my side effects but please note that these side effects usually only pop up when I forget to take extra care of my body and I treat it like I would when I'm not taking accutane (example not drinking water, eating once or twice a day) other than tha when I stay hydrated and have something on my tummy I have no issues... NONE!!!!

Side effects:

Skin is peeling on my face! My T zone is jus peeling Peeling peeling peeling ... My skin peels normally but it's jus hard to keep up so my SOLUTION: use shea butter and curel on my face ... Peeling is good

Dry EYES: I think this is my least favorite symptom I legit can't open my eyes in the morning because it's so dry I try to conjure up some tears to get the moistened but even then once I open them it takes much longer than normal to adjust.. Doesn't help that I'm not a morning person so more reason to lay back n the bed !!! SOLUTION: going to
An eye doctor like yesterday maybe eye drops will help!

Achy heels : holy mother of pearl I feel line I weigh a ton and all the pressure is weighed down on my tiny size 6 feet ! Ehhhhh! Only SOLUTION: suck it up... Wear in soles ..

Lips: not a major issue I'm grateful for that tho

Breasts: my breasts feel like hell sometimes as tho my period is going to start they are massive and tender but I think it's from my birth control trisprintec we shall see gonna bring that up to doctor

Other than that I am pleased with my progress (I know my progress would be some of your worse nightmares lol but even tho my skin is bad I am happy it is getting better!

Questions:

Anyone who has gone up in dose .. Do you take your pills together?

Anyone self pay have any alternative options (pharmacy only plan etc)

Has anyone tried yoga for stiffness? Does I work?

Anyone else taking "Myorisan?"

Hope this helps someone or encourages someone I really think this was a great decision!!!!

Congrats girl. God Bless! I hope if i venture down that route again my progress is just as good.
Me too ... I'm prepping for the calm before the storm of course but I'm still happy so far
I hate poking and prodding I hope mine doesn't do that! OMG I definitely thought I responded to u I must have on your page sorry! You're gonna be fab! I'm ready to see everyone's before and after and jus see the beauty. I'm hoping everyone makes it through without having to stop so they don't have to Worry about remission status !!! Good luck again you know I'm all invested in everyone's journeys lol Sidenote I updated lol

Last week of Month 1

So I'm in the last week of my first month starting today and I feel good. By no means am I free of acne active or scarring but I can see the healing taking place. There's been no major differences between week 2/3 but I really want to do a review a week.

Symptoms are all mild-low I am on 40mg Myorisan and as long as I double my water intake and eat normally I forget I'm on the medication

I still use the aquafor and Carmex for my lips but they are only dry as tho it is winter not dry or cracking and hurting me. Not sure how this dosage increase will go buttttt BRING IT ON!

Green stool was advised not to worry and note it before my blood sample.

All other symptoms have gone away just the dry lips and skin and green poop.... I use shea butter and curel and it's helped with my peeling nose and forehead thusfar !

Excited to fly through month 2 hoping for clear skin in month 2 because month 1 has been awesome

question: what have you den for eyebrows mine need one TLC

Don't judge my pix lol

Thanks actually experiencing wonderful results with few symptoms ... I'm staying the course gladly and courageously and believing in God to see me through,... But thanks for sharing

Month 2 :)

So yesterday started month 2.... BUT I didn't update yesterday because "shame one me" I had a couple glasses of champagne and didn't want to stress my liver. So I commenced today with my normal 40mg at 8pm that won't happen often if at all again while in the course ... Might have to pretend I am pregnant and I wouldn't drink while pregnant so yea...

No symptoms aside from dry skin and lips. THATS IT. My skin has a COUNTABLE number of active acne bumps which is awesome ... I can actually count :)

Many compliments are streaming in and I'm even wearing my hair short for some time emphasizing my face.... Lol I'm super elated with my progress and praying that month 3 will be possible because I am moving and have to pay rent and deposit and can't afford the accutane but I know God will make a way!

Month 2 photos

My photos won't attach

Hi, I love reading your posts and decided to become a member today so I can ask you to give us an update! I started Amnesteem (Accutane) on the 2nd of September. So I'm on day 9. I think I will start a thread too regarding my journey. I'm just so happy to see my skin clearing up and can't wait until month 5! :). Good luck to you!
Awww thanks that's do sweet!! You should DEFINITELY start a journey I love keeping up with others and have no problems with others keeping up with me!! And I just realized I missed an update gonna do that soon :) I really hope ur journey is as smooth sailing as mine has been !!!!
Look how good it is already!! wow! good on you for taking the step!! I am starting Accutane today or tomorrow (having to talk to derm today). Wish me luck!!!!

Month 2 40mg a day week6

Well my body has pretty much leveled itself when it comes to the symptoms they're pretty non existent! Thank The Lord...I barely even have dry lips.... When I wake up my eyes still burn a but but other than that I haven't been doing what I need as far as water intake and I think that's why my eyes have began to get dry again.. I don't wanna be that person that updates once the journey is over so if you wanna know what's going on please let me know because imma busy bee but I totally want this documented!

Oh wait one symptom is my freakin hip hurt so bad the other day not sure of it's related or not but yea..

I also get kinda scared that even tho I normally never take birth control and my "ex"and I pre-accutane don't use condoms I've never been pregnant or had a scare so I've been using the pill daily I jus haven't been at the Exact same hour so next month I will get back on it.... I actually skipped my period altogether this past month and my boobies got so big and sensitive it's crazy .... Won't be doing that again,...

I didn't get a call so she said no call was good in regards to my blood work....

Over my course which will last 6 months my doctor says we will use the last month to taper down the meds. For instance next month I will purchase 2 30count 40mg and will alternate 1 a day 2 a day ending the month with 15 that will be used in month 6. So she has a plan and most of her patients are in remission to date so I'm super ecstatic ...

She was surprised at how quick my skin is responding but satisfied with its progress. I have a ways to go but I already am happier.

wow such an improvement in your skin!!! i'm so excited for you!
also are you going to be on 40 mg throughout your journey? because my doc increased my dosage to 60 mg but also told me if i don't feel comfortable, i can stick to 40 mg so i'm not sure i want to increase my dosage as i'm already getting the results i desire?
It's only been 6 weeks so I'm excited for the end goal for sure!!

No negativity zone

It really gets under my skin when ppl go onto someone else's journey and are profoundly negative. But have the goal of promoting another product... This community of reviews are for accutane journeys if accutane didn't work for you I am so sorry but a lot of us are starting our journey and took years to decide on this drug ... I understand it didn't work for some but it's really condescending to be negative towards someone else choice. There's nothing that anyone can offer me anything .. There are plenty drugs I could go bash but it's so much easier to promote positivity !!!

I'm documenting live! So who knows the end result but I'm being vulnerable and positive .. Though you may feel like you're helping you really aren't ... Respect my journey it was my choice and so far I'm thoroughly confident in my choice!

Week 8 (Day 44) update

So I got off track but I don't want to stay off track so I'm going to go ahead and update before work with some photos. Right now my only symptoms are dry eyes in the morning, and dry lips through the day ( I honestly think my lips are only dry because I'm a hypochondriac and I over moisturize then thinking they're dry so that in turn makes them lack moisture not really dry) the early morning dry eyes is the killer...

I had a rough spot with the guy I love and I'm trying to stay happy so I'm making sacrifices besides I don't wanna be depressed and on this drug.. No ma'am Pam!

I think this week I'm noticing color changes in my skin it's hyper pigmented but I rather that than acne... I'm dark skinned with red tints lol

I can count how many pimples I have and I can tell the few active ones I have are drying out and should be gone by this weekend..

Got two connected cysts on my neck I'm going to attribute to more toxins coming out ....

So far so good I can not and will not complain can only be gracious for all the prayers and support

Great progress!!! It will get better =)..
Thank you ... I'm mad I was so nervous bc it's been so easy lol
Also there are generic forms of Accutane that differ from the brand name as that is no longer available. The genetics differ in inactive ingredients and the chemical compounds that create the drug, Accutane was used in the first place as a chemotherapy drug. It was much stronger on the system and taken off the market as people had reported insane side effects yet which now yielded the ipledge prog and all the waivers they make you sign. I hAve done my research and come to the conclusion that you need an accumulative dose of 100-120mg/kg for the lowest relapse as opposed to a lower amount. The treatment should last 6 moths as well and depending on the patients weight. Being on Accutane for a longer amount of time at a lower dose may not be more effective or give you less side effects either. I was afraid of Accutane for a long time and done with trying everything. Acne.org has been a huge help from finding it in 2003 and pretty much tried everything on there from diets to changing my shower filter in my bathroom. I bought a 100$ heap filter along with a 400$ vitamix. Chinese medicine didn't help either or blue light. I'd say I'm maxed on acne!! If your afraid of Accutane, don't be. Do it now before your older and your body can't handle it. Acne is an autoimmune disease. Our body's response to stress simply, fight or flight and we break out. Spironactone is waste of time too.

Day 50 I think week 9

Going to be more of a photo update. No changes still 40mg/1x a day. Getting progressively better.

Dry eyes in the morning and dry lips. No other parts of my body are drying really.

It's pretty cool I pinch my nose and nothing comes out... That has NEVER happened my nose pores are typically plugged! Exciting!

I think even after accutane I will get a mini breakout for my period it went away soon as the withdraw bleeding stopped (I could cry at the fact I'm having NORMAL people break outs) .. I say this because i kept taking my birth control to skip my period last month and I had no break out so when I got my period this month I had a mini pimple same as month one so I associate it with my cycle!

Let's see what else slight joint issues but nothing too bad I switched my time of meds to 5:30 because I work ALOT and taking meds at 10 was not good for my weight...

Don't wanna fix one problem and have to focus on the other (obesity) I'm small now just need to tone so I wanna keep it like that 2015 shall be a wonderful year ...

Any questions please ask I'm so excited reading everyone's journey and for everyone that has followed mine thank you ... My only regret is having not done this in my teens man my life may have played out differently!!! But everything happens for a reason!

Video for an IPhone 6

Skin live in action
I want to upload a video to see how it works I talk more than I write so let's see :)

So happy for you love! Great progress!
Thank you!!!! I'm not at the end but I'm way happier with the progress !!!! I just went through my pictures and am so excited !!! I'm wishing u the best on ur journey also
Wow!!! Your skin looks great. Keep up the good work. I can definitely see improvements in you skin:)

Day 57 only 125 more to go!

Progress has been awesome.... I think I'm getting my winter cold and I really don't wanna keep putting more chemicals in my body!! All my active acne bumps have flattened and dried now I can see my pigment filling in some of the scarred areas !!! Excited for month three I've called it my magic month since the beginning so let's hope this is the case...

Symptoms:

Joint pain!!! Hurts so flippin bad my hips joints all of that !!!

I think my tummy is raw I need to take my acidophilus probiotic to build it back up!!! Plus I'm getting sickly...

No appetite which is a major problem because I need to eat a fatty meal with the darn pill and I can't eat ... Never been this sad to not eat!

Had a single flare up on my chest...

Other than that the course is doing it's job miraculously and I am happy ...

So happy with your progress and thank you for updating us from time to time. Your reviews helps a lot. I'm going to start my journey by monday and I have a few questions for you. Pls bare with me. :) what foods are you avoiding while on accutane? Are you doing yoga religiously? Because in my case I do yoga every damn day and I'm worried if I start taking accutane I might stop practicing yoga and that idea saddens me. In, Regards with the food, I usually drinks ABC juice (apple,beet root and carrot) every morning. Do i need to stop these while on accutane? Since carrots is high in vitamin A. Thank you! :)
Thank you and welcome to my journey you will do awesome! My diet has not changed besides water increase etc but I do avoid things high in vitamin A. So that may be something you should cut in half at minimum maybe ever other day or so and dosage dependent.... Be very careful... Exercise well I don't do yoga but I think I'm going to pick it up because I think thts a safe work out as opposed to weight training or cardio running .. My joints have stiffened but I feel as tho if I knew yoga my stiffness would be moderate because flexibility would have helped... I'm not the best rule follower tho sorry if this wasn't as helpful but really water and helping the accutane cleanse your system with sleep n water is best !
Great progress! thanking for keeping up a log. Best of luck going forward!!!

Week 10 day 64

Keeping up with time is hard I just know I started on August 3 was my first pill....

This will be brief I have no current symptoms my progress has slowed not reversed but just slowed down just started 60mg so hoping progress will pick up and I will see results . This is getting harder and I realize I may be in over my head but I'm refusing to quit.. This month my meds were $267 and will probably be that amount until the end ... So that's
Why this is short I'm waiting to
Really believe it's worth it! My skin is better but it's not clear I really jus want this acne gone!

I feel like my acne has progressed but it's still really bad. Some people start from here and it's taken me 64 days to get to someone else's "worse"

Rant over I'm going to remain optimistic

You are looking stunning Keena!!! You can really see a HUGE difference in your skin and you're only on month 3!! Be persistent, stay positive, it takes time and unfortunately money, but it will be so worth it! As you said, 2015 is going to be a great year!!! You'll be able to rock your bikinis next summer, yahooooo!!!! I'm only on day 8. The sides of my nose have been quite itchy and dry today, and my lips felt so tight this morning! Need to remember to put lip balm on before going to sleep, that should help! Keep posting! I love your updates! With love from Australia!
Thank you Evie!!! It feels good to start looking better ! My skin isn't clear but better than its worse!!! I'm excited for your journey !!!! The first few weeks when your body is getting used to the symptoms is the worse!!! It will definitely get better tho and I know 2015 will be OUR year!!!!
God Bless you honey. You're so beautiful, I can see it under the acne. I'm about to start accutane soon and I hope we can support each other. Acne sucks that's for sure. It hurts when you can't look at people in the eyes because you feel like you will be constantly judged. It will be ok and you and I will win this acne battle!!! Keep your head up.

Day 73 !

I have been extremely busy this week!! So I kind of slacked but since I am alternating 40 one day 80 the next I will replace my missed pills on days I just take 40... I traveled out of town for a funeral and got a lot of compliments from my family and friends in Iowa who haven't seen me in years. It really felt GREAT!!! No new symptoms with the dosage increase it all feels the same.....

My overall happiness has increased I understand depression is a real symptom so I won't poke fun but I truly don't understand how anyone can feel sad about looking better...

My main hope is that this course works and I am acne free and not jus "clearer" but it's only been a short while next month I should peak! Because now my acne has flattened and dried out and my skin is very soft just has blemishes and scars ... And I wear no make up so I'm trying to do a better job at keeping these pores clear!

oh my goodness look at your skin!!!! Under your chin just looks AMAZING!!! The difference between day 64 & 73 is just paramount!! Brilliant!!
Thank you Evie!!!!! I sometimes feel it's so slow but then I look at day 1 and all I can do is smile lol
Hello honey, I just came back from the doc and she agreed to put me on Accutane!! I just need to go get my levels checked and have it faxed to her. She also asked me to get on birth control. Are you taking birth control? And today I had bad hyperpigmentation from mixing retin a and carowhite. I'm trying to lighten my scars because I'm so desperate :(. Hope all is going well with you. God blss you!
Dr. Denise Redd

She is so awesome! I went I to the clinic so broken inside but appearing put together outwardly. I told her I wanted no other treatment option only accutane and she counseled me and was right away the best thing that happened to me!