26 and Fed Up with Acne! - Tallahassee, FL

I have struggled with acne since I was in middle...

I have struggled with acne since I was in middle school and I am now 26. I would say I am pretty confident but only as confident as one can be with horrid acne. I had gotten use to it and was ok until I met a group of ppl in person I knew on Facebook and they called me a catfish.. It hurt to my core but at least it motivated me to start my journey. I got to the point I felt like nothing would work but I am hoping this will be worth the while ... I am self pay so I clearly want this THAT bad. I've been called star crunch referred to as a burn victim and even had a baby point and saw "owwy owwy" it's these things that no matter how much self esteem you have it rips at your soul. I pray before taking this medication because I am kind of scared so if anyone is there to support please do I am in need. I finish January 2015 I pray this works and that I can financially withstand the cost ! If anyone else is self pay.. SAMs club has Myorisan on the extra value drug list for $96-10mg $114-20mg and $135-40mg (plus membership price) hope it helps someone .. My doctor started me in the 40mg and will up it next month since my skin is so horrible right now. I have no idea what to expect I haven't ever been acne free well after age 10 it's been a down hill battle . Hope i can start winning :)

Day six 40mg a day

I am updating so that I can keep a tally of my symptoms. I started off getting headaches immediately but increase in water and voila! No more headache !

Dry eyes :( when I wake up I have "eye boogies" keeping my eyes from opening almost and dry eyes I've never used eye drops and hope this will go away with even more water

My initial break out I got literally first day pimples on my back and I had bacne in like middle school but not adult bacne so it started in my back and I also flared up on my face which sucked because I interviewed for an important job (I always feel judged)

Tonight I have noticed peeling skin on my nose and face which I have photographed

I am taking tri sprinted and 40mg Myorisan ... People
Have been abnormally ignorant in my opinion and it aggravates me not sure if it's a symptom I can be sort of temperamental when it comes to certain things that could either be avoided or things that are out of my control. It's Leo season it's expected I guess :)

Week 2 Has Commenced

Well if there is anyone following my journey sorry if I update too much but I want to remember these moments so bare with me.

Symptoms:

PMSing and agitated often but not sure if that's an accutane thing or a Keena Thing.

Dry eyes : ouch when I wake up my eyes are sooooo dry maybe crying would help. Solution: (Going to invest in eye drops if it worsens and increase water intake even more)

My lips are acting like they want to dry up solution: I have started to attack them with aquafor and they jus feel kind of raw or leathery

My back hurts my legs hurt I feel "rusty" like I need to oil my joints my hip hurts sometimes when I walk (could be mental I am sort of a hypochondriac) solution: take up yoga and stretch for additional time before workouts. It is a must I stay fit with these medications

Scalp itches: could have just been dirty could be dried out from accutane not sure but hair loss is a no go I would be so sad solution: keep my hair clean, wear protective styles, moisturize and keep protein in my hair to strengthen it from breakage I will be installing braids like tomorrow

Heels: my heels make me feel like the bone of my foot is gonna go through it sometimes hopefully this is associated with working standing so much idk... Solution : pedicure and foot massage perhaps (get a boyfriend to rub my feet lol)

Overall nothing unbearable which is due to everyone praying for me in this process and being so willing to invite others in my journey

day 12 Progress

This is less of an update and more of a question...

I always hear that the first few months your skin is worse before better... Mine is progressively getting better. Should I expect it to break out or something freakish? I'm kind of confused my symptoms are quite non existent also aside from the other day I had a busy day and didn't eat or drink almost allll day I guess I forgot I been putting this strong chemical in my body :/ but I paid for it with the worse migraine ever!!!!!!! But now I'm eating for sure

Posted pics so you can compare the effects of these 9 days I'm far from clear but I see it clearing hmmmm I'm thankful nonetheless

The start of week 3

Let me just tell you I can not complain because my side effects are so minimal! Thank The Lord in heaven above for that. I was itching to update but was like JUST WAIT KEENA! So here I am.... I am getting compliments and people can see my skin making it's transformation. Can you believe it's only been 15 days ..?!?! I know crazy right? I think it's because I psyched myself out so much but I will list out some of my side effects but please note that these side effects usually only pop up when I forget to take extra care of my body and I treat it like I would when I'm not taking accutane (example not drinking water, eating once or twice a day) other than tha when I stay hydrated and have something on my tummy I have no issues... NONE!!!!

Side effects:

Skin is peeling on my face! My T zone is jus peeling Peeling peeling peeling ... My skin peels normally but it's jus hard to keep up so my SOLUTION: use shea butter and curel on my face ... Peeling is good

Dry EYES: I think this is my least favorite symptom I legit can't open my eyes in the morning because it's so dry I try to conjure up some tears to get the moistened but even then once I open them it takes much longer than normal to adjust.. Doesn't help that I'm not a morning person so more reason to lay back n the bed !!! SOLUTION: going to
An eye doctor like yesterday maybe eye drops will help!

Achy heels : holy mother of pearl I feel line I weigh a ton and all the pressure is weighed down on my tiny size 6 feet ! Ehhhhh! Only SOLUTION: suck it up... Wear in soles ..

Lips: not a major issue I'm grateful for that tho

Breasts: my breasts feel like hell sometimes as tho my period is going to start they are massive and tender but I think it's from my birth control trisprintec we shall see gonna bring that up to doctor

Other than that I am pleased with my progress (I know my progress would be some of your worse nightmares lol but even tho my skin is bad I am happy it is getting better!

Questions:

Anyone who has gone up in dose .. Do you take your pills together?

Anyone self pay have any alternative options (pharmacy only plan etc)

Has anyone tried yoga for stiffness? Does I work?

Anyone else taking "Myorisan?"

Hope this helps someone or encourages someone I really think this was a great decision!!!!

Last week of Month 1

So I'm in the last week of my first month starting today and I feel good. By no means am I free of acne active or scarring but I can see the healing taking place. There's been no major differences between week 2/3 but I really want to do a review a week.

Symptoms are all mild-low I am on 40mg Myorisan and as long as I double my water intake and eat normally I forget I'm on the medication

I still use the aquafor and Carmex for my lips but they are only dry as tho it is winter not dry or cracking and hurting me. Not sure how this dosage increase will go buttttt BRING IT ON!

Green stool was advised not to worry and note it before my blood sample.

All other symptoms have gone away just the dry lips and skin and green poop.... I use shea butter and curel and it's helped with my peeling nose and forehead thusfar !

Excited to fly through month 2 hoping for clear skin in month 2 because month 1 has been awesome

question: what have you den for eyebrows mine need one TLC

Don't judge my pix lol

Month 2 :)

So yesterday started month 2.... BUT I didn't update yesterday because "shame one me" I had a couple glasses of champagne and didn't want to stress my liver. So I commenced today with my normal 40mg at 8pm that won't happen often if at all again while in the course ... Might have to pretend I am pregnant and I wouldn't drink while pregnant so yea...

No symptoms aside from dry skin and lips. THATS IT. My skin has a COUNTABLE number of active acne bumps which is awesome ... I can actually count :)

Many compliments are streaming in and I'm even wearing my hair short for some time emphasizing my face.... Lol I'm super elated with my progress and praying that month 3 will be possible because I am moving and have to pay rent and deposit and can't afford the accutane but I know God will make a way!

Month 2 photos

My photos won't attach

Month 2 40mg a day week6

Well my body has pretty much leveled itself when it comes to the symptoms they're pretty non existent! Thank The Lord...I barely even have dry lips.... When I wake up my eyes still burn a but but other than that I haven't been doing what I need as far as water intake and I think that's why my eyes have began to get dry again.. I don't wanna be that person that updates once the journey is over so if you wanna know what's going on please let me know because imma busy bee but I totally want this documented!

Oh wait one symptom is my freakin hip hurt so bad the other day not sure of it's related or not but yea..

I also get kinda scared that even tho I normally never take birth control and my "ex"and I pre-accutane don't use condoms I've never been pregnant or had a scare so I've been using the pill daily I jus haven't been at the Exact same hour so next month I will get back on it.... I actually skipped my period altogether this past month and my boobies got so big and sensitive it's crazy .... Won't be doing that again,...

I didn't get a call so she said no call was good in regards to my blood work....

Over my course which will last 6 months my doctor says we will use the last month to taper down the meds. For instance next month I will purchase 2 30count 40mg and will alternate 1 a day 2 a day ending the month with 15 that will be used in month 6. So she has a plan and most of her patients are in remission to date so I'm super ecstatic ...

She was surprised at how quick my skin is responding but satisfied with its progress. I have a ways to go but I already am happier.

No negativity zone

It really gets under my skin when ppl go onto someone else's journey and are profoundly negative. But have the goal of promoting another product... This community of reviews are for accutane journeys if accutane didn't work for you I am so sorry but a lot of us are starting our journey and took years to decide on this drug ... I understand it didn't work for some but it's really condescending to be negative towards someone else choice. There's nothing that anyone can offer me anything .. There are plenty drugs I could go bash but it's so much easier to promote positivity !!!

I'm documenting live! So who knows the end result but I'm being vulnerable and positive .. Though you may feel like you're helping you really aren't ... Respect my journey it was my choice and so far I'm thoroughly confident in my choice!

Week 8 (Day 44) update

So I got off track but I don't want to stay off track so I'm going to go ahead and update before work with some photos. Right now my only symptoms are dry eyes in the morning, and dry lips through the day ( I honestly think my lips are only dry because I'm a hypochondriac and I over moisturize then thinking they're dry so that in turn makes them lack moisture not really dry) the early morning dry eyes is the killer...

I had a rough spot with the guy I love and I'm trying to stay happy so I'm making sacrifices besides I don't wanna be depressed and on this drug.. No ma'am Pam!

I think this week I'm noticing color changes in my skin it's hyper pigmented but I rather that than acne... I'm dark skinned with red tints lol

I can count how many pimples I have and I can tell the few active ones I have are drying out and should be gone by this weekend..

Got two connected cysts on my neck I'm going to attribute to more toxins coming out ....

So far so good I can not and will not complain can only be gracious for all the prayers and support

Day 50 I think week 9

Going to be more of a photo update. No changes still 40mg/1x a day. Getting progressively better.

Dry eyes in the morning and dry lips. No other parts of my body are drying really.

It's pretty cool I pinch my nose and nothing comes out... That has NEVER happened my nose pores are typically plugged! Exciting!

I think even after accutane I will get a mini breakout for my period it went away soon as the withdraw bleeding stopped (I could cry at the fact I'm having NORMAL people break outs) .. I say this because i kept taking my birth control to skip my period last month and I had no break out so when I got my period this month I had a mini pimple same as month one so I associate it with my cycle!

Let's see what else slight joint issues but nothing too bad I switched my time of meds to 5:30 because I work ALOT and taking meds at 10 was not good for my weight...

Don't wanna fix one problem and have to focus on the other (obesity) I'm small now just need to tone so I wanna keep it like that 2015 shall be a wonderful year ...

Any questions please ask I'm so excited reading everyone's journey and for everyone that has followed mine thank you ... My only regret is having not done this in my teens man my life may have played out differently!!! But everything happens for a reason!

Video for an IPhone 6

Skin live in action
0:49
I want to upload a video to see how it works I talk more than I write so let's see :)

Day 57 only 125 more to go!

Progress has been awesome.... I think I'm getting my winter cold and I really don't wanna keep putting more chemicals in my body!! All my active acne bumps have flattened and dried now I can see my pigment filling in some of the scarred areas !!! Excited for month three I've called it my magic month since the beginning so let's hope this is the case...

Symptoms:

Joint pain!!! Hurts so flippin bad my hips joints all of that !!!

I think my tummy is raw I need to take my acidophilus probiotic to build it back up!!! Plus I'm getting sickly...

No appetite which is a major problem because I need to eat a fatty meal with the darn pill and I can't eat ... Never been this sad to not eat!

Had a single flare up on my chest...

Other than that the course is doing it's job miraculously and I am happy ...

Week 10 day 64

Keeping up with time is hard I just know I started on August 3 was my first pill....

This will be brief I have no current symptoms my progress has slowed not reversed but just slowed down just started 60mg so hoping progress will pick up and I will see results . This is getting harder and I realize I may be in over my head but I'm refusing to quit.. This month my meds were $267 and will probably be that amount until the end ... So that's
Why this is short I'm waiting to
Really believe it's worth it! My skin is better but it's not clear I really jus want this acne gone!

I feel like my acne has progressed but it's still really bad. Some people start from here and it's taken me 64 days to get to someone else's "worse"

Rant over I'm going to remain optimistic

Day 73 !

I have been extremely busy this week!! So I kind of slacked but since I am alternating 40 one day 80 the next I will replace my missed pills on days I just take 40... I traveled out of town for a funeral and got a lot of compliments from my family and friends in Iowa who haven't seen me in years. It really felt GREAT!!! No new symptoms with the dosage increase it all feels the same.....

My overall happiness has increased I understand depression is a real symptom so I won't poke fun but I truly don't understand how anyone can feel sad about looking better...

My main hope is that this course works and I am acne free and not jus "clearer" but it's only been a short while next month I should peak! Because now my acne has flattened and dried out and my skin is very soft just has blemishes and scars ... And I wear no make up so I'm trying to do a better job at keeping these pores clear!

Day 79 alternating 40mg / 80mg

Joint pain... Joint pain .... Joint pain!!! I might have over exerted lifting etc but feels like over night arthritis which I rebuke!! But I'm moving and me and a girlfriend did it alone to save a ton of money... But the expense of my joints .. Carmex is no longer working it dries my lips even more!! Aquafor and Vaseline!!! No other symptoms so far and I'm almost halfway done .. I hope everyone is still aboard my journey as I eagerly wait for hogs results !!!

Day 85 40/80mg alternating

This is more of a photo update no real symptoms aside from "green poo" tmi... Oh and dry lips they feel so plastic like and Carmex is a no go it dries me out even more .... My joints are painful and I moved last week and I think my wrist is hurting much longer and far worse than it would if I weren't on accutane.... My results are quite alright if u ask me ... No real active acne pimples mostl scars as damaged skin from all these years of acne no idea if accutane will help but I sure hope so

Day 92 start of month 4

Day 92 accutane
0:59
Alternating 40/80 for an avg dosage of 60mg. No symptoms no issues. Lots and lots of compliments and it feels really good to feel so beautiful not just as a person who had acne but as a person. There's a difference and accutane has done so well so far excited because the end is near which excites me.... I'm glad I do not have to live with acne any longer !!!

Day 92 Photos only

Posted a video with the last update but here Are my photos

I'm in the triple digits DAY 101

No new symptoms aside from a very weak bladder not sure if that's from accutane or what but now it's like I gotta go I gotta GO!!!! Period is coming so I broke out under my chin with about 5 huge cystic bumps and they HURT... My lips don't need constant attention but they do get dry however original chap stick and aquafor of Vaseline work for extended time frames. My lips are super pink but my friend says they just look rejuvenated. Joint pain is still a ...... But nothing I'm not willing to endure for my end goal. Dec 1 is my last time having to pay $267 bless the LORD!!!!!! Imma take better pics cause these are reflective but I feel like my skin is scarred like little Ice picks but the pic doesn't show so next week imma take more ... For those still on u journey please comment so I know it's at minimum helping someone ... And I also wanna update from all of you and if you haven't started a page you ought to! Uploading pics as weeks progressed has been my best decision yet I think everyone should do it it's so therapeutic to see yourself transform into the way you've always envisioned yourself or the way you look because you can see past the acne etc now you don't have to pretend! Anyway rant over Happy Veterans Day 2014!!!

Day 114 40/80mg alternating

Hi guys so I am officially almost to month 5 aside from scarring and a minimal amount of active acne I am honestly feeling like a woman without acne. Side effects are gone except I forgot to take my birth control and had to
Take two and it really upset my
Tummy ! Joint pain still there! Happy with results. Way more confident. Go to
The doctor tomorrow to get my last script! Yay for the end being near. I won't start thinking
About peels or microdermabrasion until I see my end results and how necessary I feel it to be. I skipped a week because it was nothing drastic I might skip next week but I will be on 80mg next month wootwoot lol I've been kinda doing 80 this mint bc I have been forgetting to take pills "slaps wrists" or I forget if I took 1 pill or 2 that day. Lordy my
Memory is awful. Anyway welcome to my journey and to all others thanks for keeping up (yea another hair style lol)

Day 128 80mg

So I took a week off but I'm still here gotta go to the finish line and beyond. No changes my doctors think my liver is the best out there ;) my blood work always is so exciting to them. Anywho... I'm edging the finish line next month is month 6 and my last month on the meds. I'm currently bumped up to 80 and no real changes however I had a minor hiccup in the road where my pharmacy sold my script on the last day for me to pick up making me have to wait to test again but it didn't make a huge difference because my doctor ya me alternating 40/80 for 2 months which left me with a full box of 40 which I will use for 15 days until I can get my preg test again as prescription thank goodness! Aside from that I think I only break out with small dry pimples is my period week which u will see 2-3 on my cheek and neck but im still happy with my results. No real symptoms... Not even joint pain I think my body is ok with the drug for now. I am excited to see the end results and figure what, if anything, I will need to do to have flawless skin maintained after accutane. Good luck and clear skin to you all. If you're looking at this you're probably wishing hoping an praying and truly accutane was a god send for me! Of course not for everyone but my skin was AWFUL!!!!! Now I don't feel like I would be described as the girl with acne now I'm just Keena :) and that is a happy thing!

Day 135 photo update 80mg

No real update just took some photos at work and at an outing and decided to post
Dr. Denise Redd

She is so awesome! I went I to the clinic so broken inside but appearing put together outwardly. I told her I wanted no other treatment option only accutane and she counseled me and was right away the best thing that happened to me!