I have struggled with acne since I was in middle...

I have struggled with acne since I was in middle school and I am now 26. I would say I am pretty confident but only as confident as one can be with horrid acne. I had gotten use to it and was ok until I met a group of ppl in person I knew on Facebook and they called me a catfish.. It hurt to my core but at least it motivated me to start my journey. I got to the point I felt like nothing would work but I am hoping this will be worth the while ... I am self pay so I clearly want this THAT bad. I've been called star crunch referred to as a burn victim and even had a baby point and saw "owwy owwy" it's these things that no matter how much self esteem you have it rips at your soul. I pray before taking this medication because I am kind of scared so if anyone is there to support please do I am in need. I finish January 2015 I pray this works and that I can financially withstand the cost ! If anyone else is self pay.. SAMs club has Myorisan on the extra value drug list for $96-10mg $114-20mg and $135-40mg (plus membership price) hope it helps someone .. My doctor started me in the 40mg and will up it next month since my skin is so horrible right now. I have no idea what to expect I haven't ever been acne free well after age 10 it's been a down hill battle . Hope i can start winning :)

Day six 40mg a day

I am updating so that I can keep a tally of my symptoms. I started off getting headaches immediately but increase in water and voila! No more headache !

Dry eyes :( when I wake up I have "eye boogies" keeping my eyes from opening almost and dry eyes I've never used eye drops and hope this will go away with even more water

My initial break out I got literally first day pimples on my back and I had bacne in like middle school but not adult bacne so it started in my back and I also flared up on my face which sucked because I interviewed for an important job (I always feel judged)

Tonight I have noticed peeling skin on my nose and face which I have photographed

I am taking tri sprinted and 40mg Myorisan ... People
Have been abnormally ignorant in my opinion and it aggravates me not sure if it's a symptom I can be sort of temperamental when it comes to certain things that could either be avoided or things that are out of my control. It's Leo season it's expected I guess :)

Week 2 Has Commenced

Well if there is anyone following my journey sorry if I update too much but I want to remember these moments so bare with me.

Symptoms:

PMSing and agitated often but not sure if that's an accutane thing or a Keena Thing.

Dry eyes : ouch when I wake up my eyes are sooooo dry maybe crying would help. Solution: (Going to invest in eye drops if it worsens and increase water intake even more)

My lips are acting like they want to dry up solution: I have started to attack them with aquafor and they jus feel kind of raw or leathery

My back hurts my legs hurt I feel "rusty" like I need to oil my joints my hip hurts sometimes when I walk (could be mental I am sort of a hypochondriac) solution: take up yoga and stretch for additional time before workouts. It is a must I stay fit with these medications

Scalp itches: could have just been dirty could be dried out from accutane not sure but hair loss is a no go I would be so sad solution: keep my hair clean, wear protective styles, moisturize and keep protein in my hair to strengthen it from breakage I will be installing braids like tomorrow

Heels: my heels make me feel like the bone of my foot is gonna go through it sometimes hopefully this is associated with working standing so much idk... Solution : pedicure and foot massage perhaps (get a boyfriend to rub my feet lol)

Overall nothing unbearable which is due to everyone praying for me in this process and being so willing to invite others in my journey

day 12 Progress

This is less of an update and more of a question...

I always hear that the first few months your skin is worse before better... Mine is progressively getting better. Should I expect it to break out or something freakish? I'm kind of confused my symptoms are quite non existent also aside from the other day I had a busy day and didn't eat or drink almost allll day I guess I forgot I been putting this strong chemical in my body :/ but I paid for it with the worse migraine ever!!!!!!! But now I'm eating for sure

Posted pics so you can compare the effects of these 9 days I'm far from clear but I see it clearing hmmmm I'm thankful nonetheless

The start of week 3

Let me just tell you I can not complain because my side effects are so minimal! Thank The Lord in heaven above for that. I was itching to update but was like JUST WAIT KEENA! So here I am.... I am getting compliments and people can see my skin making it's transformation. Can you believe it's only been 15 days ..?!?! I know crazy right? I think it's because I psyched myself out so much but I will list out some of my side effects but please note that these side effects usually only pop up when I forget to take extra care of my body and I treat it like I would when I'm not taking accutane (example not drinking water, eating once or twice a day) other than tha when I stay hydrated and have something on my tummy I have no issues... NONE!!!!

Side effects:

Skin is peeling on my face! My T zone is jus peeling Peeling peeling peeling ... My skin peels normally but it's jus hard to keep up so my SOLUTION: use shea butter and curel on my face ... Peeling is good

Dry EYES: I think this is my least favorite symptom I legit can't open my eyes in the morning because it's so dry I try to conjure up some tears to get the moistened but even then once I open them it takes much longer than normal to adjust.. Doesn't help that I'm not a morning person so more reason to lay back n the bed !!! SOLUTION: going to
An eye doctor like yesterday maybe eye drops will help!

Achy heels : holy mother of pearl I feel line I weigh a ton and all the pressure is weighed down on my tiny size 6 feet ! Ehhhhh! Only SOLUTION: suck it up... Wear in soles ..

Lips: not a major issue I'm grateful for that tho

Breasts: my breasts feel like hell sometimes as tho my period is going to start they are massive and tender but I think it's from my birth control trisprintec we shall see gonna bring that up to doctor

Other than that I am pleased with my progress (I know my progress would be some of your worse nightmares lol but even tho my skin is bad I am happy it is getting better!

Questions:

Anyone who has gone up in dose .. Do you take your pills together?

Anyone self pay have any alternative options (pharmacy only plan etc)

Has anyone tried yoga for stiffness? Does I work?

Anyone else taking "Myorisan?"

Hope this helps someone or encourages someone I really think this was a great decision!!!!

Last week of Month 1

So I'm in the last week of my first month starting today and I feel good. By no means am I free of acne active or scarring but I can see the healing taking place. There's been no major differences between week 2/3 but I really want to do a review a week.

Symptoms are all mild-low I am on 40mg Myorisan and as long as I double my water intake and eat normally I forget I'm on the medication

I still use the aquafor and Carmex for my lips but they are only dry as tho it is winter not dry or cracking and hurting me. Not sure how this dosage increase will go buttttt BRING IT ON!

Green stool was advised not to worry and note it before my blood sample.

All other symptoms have gone away just the dry lips and skin and green poop.... I use shea butter and curel and it's helped with my peeling nose and forehead thusfar !

Excited to fly through month 2 hoping for clear skin in month 2 because month 1 has been awesome

question: what have you den for eyebrows mine need one TLC

Don't judge my pix lol

Month 2 :)

So yesterday started month 2.... BUT I didn't update yesterday because "shame one me" I had a couple glasses of champagne and didn't want to stress my liver. So I commenced today with my normal 40mg at 8pm that won't happen often if at all again while in the course ... Might have to pretend I am pregnant and I wouldn't drink while pregnant so yea...

No symptoms aside from dry skin and lips. THATS IT. My skin has a COUNTABLE number of active acne bumps which is awesome ... I can actually count :)

Many compliments are streaming in and I'm even wearing my hair short for some time emphasizing my face.... Lol I'm super elated with my progress and praying that month 3 will be possible because I am moving and have to pay rent and deposit and can't afford the accutane but I know God will make a way!

Month 2 photos

My photos won't attach

Month 2 40mg a day week6

Well my body has pretty much leveled itself when it comes to the symptoms they're pretty non existent! Thank The Lord...I barely even have dry lips.... When I wake up my eyes still burn a but but other than that I haven't been doing what I need as far as water intake and I think that's why my eyes have began to get dry again.. I don't wanna be that person that updates once the journey is over so if you wanna know what's going on please let me know because imma busy bee but I totally want this documented!

Oh wait one symptom is my freakin hip hurt so bad the other day not sure of it's related or not but yea..

I also get kinda scared that even tho I normally never take birth control and my "ex"and I pre-accutane don't use condoms I've never been pregnant or had a scare so I've been using the pill daily I jus haven't been at the Exact same hour so next month I will get back on it.... I actually skipped my period altogether this past month and my boobies got so big and sensitive it's crazy .... Won't be doing that again,...

I didn't get a call so she said no call was good in regards to my blood work....

Over my course which will last 6 months my doctor says we will use the last month to taper down the meds. For instance next month I will purchase 2 30count 40mg and will alternate 1 a day 2 a day ending the month with 15 that will be used in month 6. So she has a plan and most of her patients are in remission to date so I'm super ecstatic ...

She was surprised at how quick my skin is responding but satisfied with its progress. I have a ways to go but I already am happier.

No negativity zone

It really gets under my skin when ppl go onto someone else's journey and are profoundly negative. But have the goal of promoting another product... This community of reviews are for accutane journeys if accutane didn't work for you I am so sorry but a lot of us are starting our journey and took years to decide on this drug ... I understand it didn't work for some but it's really condescending to be negative towards someone else choice. There's nothing that anyone can offer me anything .. There are plenty drugs I could go bash but it's so much easier to promote positivity !!!

I'm documenting live! So who knows the end result but I'm being vulnerable and positive .. Though you may feel like you're helping you really aren't ... Respect my journey it was my choice and so far I'm thoroughly confident in my choice!

Week 8 (Day 44) update

So I got off track but I don't want to stay off track so I'm going to go ahead and update before work with some photos. Right now my only symptoms are dry eyes in the morning, and dry lips through the day ( I honestly think my lips are only dry because I'm a hypochondriac and I over moisturize then thinking they're dry so that in turn makes them lack moisture not really dry) the early morning dry eyes is the killer...

I had a rough spot with the guy I love and I'm trying to stay happy so I'm making sacrifices besides I don't wanna be depressed and on this drug.. No ma'am Pam!

I think this week I'm noticing color changes in my skin it's hyper pigmented but I rather that than acne... I'm dark skinned with red tints lol

I can count how many pimples I have and I can tell the few active ones I have are drying out and should be gone by this weekend..

Got two connected cysts on my neck I'm going to attribute to more toxins coming out ....

So far so good I can not and will not complain can only be gracious for all the prayers and support

Day 50 I think week 9

Going to be more of a photo update. No changes still 40mg/1x a day. Getting progressively better.

Dry eyes in the morning and dry lips. No other parts of my body are drying really.

It's pretty cool I pinch my nose and nothing comes out... That has NEVER happened my nose pores are typically plugged! Exciting!

I think even after accutane I will get a mini breakout for my period it went away soon as the withdraw bleeding stopped (I could cry at the fact I'm having NORMAL people break outs) .. I say this because i kept taking my birth control to skip my period last month and I had no break out so when I got my period this month I had a mini pimple same as month one so I associate it with my cycle!

Let's see what else slight joint issues but nothing too bad I switched my time of meds to 5:30 because I work ALOT and taking meds at 10 was not good for my weight...

Don't wanna fix one problem and have to focus on the other (obesity) I'm small now just need to tone so I wanna keep it like that 2015 shall be a wonderful year ...

Any questions please ask I'm so excited reading everyone's journey and for everyone that has followed mine thank you ... My only regret is having not done this in my teens man my life may have played out differently!!! But everything happens for a reason!

Video for an IPhone 6

Skin live in action
I want to upload a video to see how it works I talk more than I write so let's see :)

Day 57 only 125 more to go!

Progress has been awesome.... I think I'm getting my winter cold and I really don't wanna keep putting more chemicals in my body!! All my active acne bumps have flattened and dried now I can see my pigment filling in some of the scarred areas !!! Excited for month three I've called it my magic month since the beginning so let's hope this is the case...

Symptoms:

Joint pain!!! Hurts so flippin bad my hips joints all of that !!!

I think my tummy is raw I need to take my acidophilus probiotic to build it back up!!! Plus I'm getting sickly...

No appetite which is a major problem because I need to eat a fatty meal with the darn pill and I can't eat ... Never been this sad to not eat!

Had a single flare up on my chest...

Other than that the course is doing it's job miraculously and I am happy ...
Dr. Denise Redd

She is so awesome! I went I to the clinic so broken inside but appearing put together outwardly. I told her I wanted no other treatment option only accutane and she counseled me and was right away the best thing that happened to me!

Great progress! thanking for keeping up a log. Best of luck going forward!!!
Thank you !!!! And thanks for following my journey also ... I'm super sick right this moment but hopefully it's only bc of the antibiotic I was put on bc I'm miserable but accutane has been smooth sailing
So happy for you love! Great progress!
Thank you!!!! I'm not at the end but I'm way happier with the progress !!!! I just went through my pictures and am so excited !!! I'm wishing u the best on ur journey also
Wow!!! Your skin looks great. Keep up the good work. I can definitely see improvements in you skin:)
Thanks dear!!! How's your course ??
I'm hanging in there. I am currently on 80mg of Zenatane. I have little side effects. But no where near clear. Hopefully in the next weeks I will see improvements!!!!
I think it will start to show I had severe acne so now it's like moderate I guess so the progress in a sense is leveling itself but I'm happy to no longer look feel hideous bc of socially debilitating acne... Now I feel like everyone sees me how I see myself. And let the drug play it's course myorisan is the brand I'm on I'm sure they're essentially the same but if u don't get the best results switch to another brand and see if that will differ in results of course ok not a doctor (yet) but maybe it makes a difference who knows I really hope your results start kicking in u deserve it love
Thanks. Will continue to follow your progress. So keep me updated. Chat with you later:)
I most definitely will! Go up in dose in a week! Nervous
Great progress!!! It will get better =)..
Thank you ... I'm mad I was so nervous bc it's been so easy lol
Also there are generic forms of Accutane that differ from the brand name as that is no longer available. The genetics differ in inactive ingredients and the chemical compounds that create the drug, Accutane was used in the first place as a chemotherapy drug. It was much stronger on the system and taken off the market as people had reported insane side effects yet which now yielded the ipledge prog and all the waivers they make you sign. I hAve done my research and come to the conclusion that you need an accumulative dose of 100-120mg/kg for the lowest relapse as opposed to a lower amount. The treatment should last 6 moths as well and depending on the patients weight. Being on Accutane for a longer amount of time at a lower dose may not be more effective or give you less side effects either. I was afraid of Accutane for a long time and done with trying everything. Acne.org has been a huge help from finding it in 2003 and pretty much tried everything on there from diets to changing my shower filter in my bathroom. I bought a 100$ heap filter along with a 400$ vitamix. Chinese medicine didn't help either or blue light. I'd say I'm maxed on acne!! If your afraid of Accutane, don't be. Do it now before your older and your body can't handle it. Acne is an autoimmune disease. Our body's response to stress simply, fight or flight and we break out. Spironactone is waste of time too.
Yea I was so afraid but I bit the bullet and I'm super excited everyone is noticing the improvements my skin is making and I couldn't be happier! Overall I did research and even formatted my narrative paper for nutrition on accutane and pregnancy titled bumps and baby bumps it was an excellent piece which prompted me to go ahead and give accutane a Try... I'm gonna do my best not to be lax in any of my treatment steps including cleansing moisturizing and toning so I hope my progress doesn't peak which is what typically happens my body gets used to it ... My doc is putting me on a 6 month course but for month 3 I'm going to take 40 one day 80 the next and at the end of the month I will have 15 pills this being said month six will inevitably be paid for in the next two months by the harboring of pills lol... I love my doctor I'm self pay so she is so awesome with me! For months 1&2 I was only 40mg for month 3 alternating 40/80 then 4&5 will be 80mg and then I will probably do month 6 at 40 every 2 days .... That's what I think or she will do alternating for 3&4 and 80mg for 5 and 40 every day of 6. She explained it to me and has been prescribing it for 17+ years so I trust her logic she laid out the correlation between strength of the med and time on it which is why she doesn't recommend ppl to terminate the course jus because they have the desired results so I'm going all the way as long as my body can handle it
I'm wondering why do much alternating though? I'd see if your accumulative dose reaches 100-120mg and check your weight for it. Regardless what your doc says. I'm super skeptical as docs are all different with their protocol and I for one don't trust doctors as they go off their personal experience and your the only one that knows YOUR skin and how it reacts. I've just been through so much!! I am sure your doc must have a reason for the inconsistencies. But it makes me very curious why everyone's dosing is soooo widely different. And there are only so many types of acne as well as hormone imbalances of some. I asked to go on 80 after my second month Instead of 60 because I have next to no side effects, (I had a slight case of eczema and dry scalp that lasted a few days) I don't want to risk it coming back. Knocking it out once and for all. I will do a total gut cleanse after.
She is mostly being conscious of my pocket book technically altering 40/80 is the same as 60 but I'm self pay so 6mg would be $245 and alternating is $265 and I wot need to buy anything for month 6 at all... So that's her main reasoning and I would say I know my body but I trust her as my doctor and her judgement while one this drug... As a future health care professional I too looked into the dosages in accordance to my weight and she actually did pretty good when I calculated my end total dosage... By converting my weight in lbs to kg and multiplying it by the dosage I think I was like 80kg so multiplied by 100-120mg and it all pans out ... Lol but yea I have researched and done a lot prior to this journey and so far so good i would say... I don't want too much stress on my body jumping dosages I know it will be awesome in the end.
Wow so much money!! Is it not covered by insurance? That is good she is being conscious about payment. My chin is being so stubborn. Grrrr. Well I hope your doing well. I see your skin is flattening, isn't it an amazing experience to see the skin that you thought would never change, change ? I love it :) have a wonderful day
It is sooo awesome! And it is covered through insurance but I don't have insurance yet still waiting on my job to offer it free of charge but by then y course may be over I could have waited but I'm tired of living with acne so if it means paying for doctors visits and prescriptions that's what I will do ya know ....
I'm sure once you get it cleared from your job they should reimburse you. Even if you finish your course, keep your receipts! :)I went through covered Cali instead of through my job yet I'm sure yours is better since your already working in the medical field.
It'd be awesome if they back paid me but that would be way Too much good luck for me lol
I'm do happy you are doing well!!!! I'm on my second month and still no need to moisturizer with how oily I am, yet not dry :)) I'm on 80mg this month and starts yesterday. Your progress looks awesome !!! I am slowly getting there, no big improvement aside from the non oily part. I have no side effects either. Stay consistent you dovt want your acne to return. I will probate be doing 80mg the rest of my course. Drink plenty of water and stay positive, it takes time for its drug to go it's job. I have been using pure aloe with Camilla and a few other nAtural ingredients for my hairline as that's the only place that's semi dry. I still use clindamycin at night and day as that has helped the initial break out. I still get cysts on my chin and jawline but I'm letting it run it's course as well. Topical organic salicylic acid on my cysts has greatly helped with neosporin. Keep you the good work!!!! :)))))) sorry this is sent from my phone and hopefully makes sense!!!!
Lol it made sense thank you :) I can't wait to be truly clear and have what I call "pure skin"
Getting better and better!!
It's so awesome to watch... Hoping I'm clear next month! I'm wondering if the altered the drug since results are showcasing so early... Wonder if that means more ppl at higher dosages can take the medication for less time seems like there's a correlation between the effects and the dosage (jus my observation from purousing people's pages) but I'm jus dreading having to be on it until jan and I'm already seeing results but I don't wanna stop and risk it coming back full force... So I'm biting the bullet because it is better but it's far from clear it jus isn't horrid
Keep at it, will continue to follow your journey! Mine is just starting today! fingers crossed!