I have struggled with acne since I was in middle...

I have struggled with acne since I was in middle school and I am now 26. I would say I am pretty confident but only as confident as one can be with horrid acne. I had gotten use to it and was ok until I met a group of ppl in person I knew on Facebook and they called me a catfish.. It hurt to my core but at least it motivated me to start my journey. I got to the point I felt like nothing would work but I am hoping this will be worth the while ... I am self pay so I clearly want this THAT bad. I've been called star crunch referred to as a burn victim and even had a baby point and saw "owwy owwy" it's these things that no matter how much self esteem you have it rips at your soul. I pray before taking this medication because I am kind of scared so if anyone is there to support please do I am in need. I finish January 2015 I pray this works and that I can financially withstand the cost ! If anyone else is self pay.. SAMs club has Myorisan on the extra value drug list for $96-10mg $114-20mg and $135-40mg (plus membership price) hope it helps someone .. My doctor started me in the 40mg and will up it next month since my skin is so horrible right now. I have no idea what to expect I haven't ever been acne free well after age 10 it's been a down hill battle . Hope i can start winning :)

Day six 40mg a day

I am updating so that I can keep a tally of my symptoms. I started off getting headaches immediately but increase in water and voila! No more headache !

Dry eyes :( when I wake up I have "eye boogies" keeping my eyes from opening almost and dry eyes I've never used eye drops and hope this will go away with even more water

My initial break out I got literally first day pimples on my back and I had bacne in like middle school but not adult bacne so it started in my back and I also flared up on my face which sucked because I interviewed for an important job (I always feel judged)

Tonight I have noticed peeling skin on my nose and face which I have photographed

I am taking tri sprinted and 40mg Myorisan ... People
Have been abnormally ignorant in my opinion and it aggravates me not sure if it's a symptom I can be sort of temperamental when it comes to certain things that could either be avoided or things that are out of my control. It's Leo season it's expected I guess :)

Week 2 Has Commenced

Well if there is anyone following my journey sorry if I update too much but I want to remember these moments so bare with me.

Symptoms:

PMSing and agitated often but not sure if that's an accutane thing or a Keena Thing.

Dry eyes : ouch when I wake up my eyes are sooooo dry maybe crying would help. Solution: (Going to invest in eye drops if it worsens and increase water intake even more)

My lips are acting like they want to dry up solution: I have started to attack them with aquafor and they jus feel kind of raw or leathery

My back hurts my legs hurt I feel "rusty" like I need to oil my joints my hip hurts sometimes when I walk (could be mental I am sort of a hypochondriac) solution: take up yoga and stretch for additional time before workouts. It is a must I stay fit with these medications

Scalp itches: could have just been dirty could be dried out from accutane not sure but hair loss is a no go I would be so sad solution: keep my hair clean, wear protective styles, moisturize and keep protein in my hair to strengthen it from breakage I will be installing braids like tomorrow

Heels: my heels make me feel like the bone of my foot is gonna go through it sometimes hopefully this is associated with working standing so much idk... Solution : pedicure and foot massage perhaps (get a boyfriend to rub my feet lol)

Overall nothing unbearable which is due to everyone praying for me in this process and being so willing to invite others in my journey

day 12 Progress

This is less of an update and more of a question...

I always hear that the first few months your skin is worse before better... Mine is progressively getting better. Should I expect it to break out or something freakish? I'm kind of confused my symptoms are quite non existent also aside from the other day I had a busy day and didn't eat or drink almost allll day I guess I forgot I been putting this strong chemical in my body :/ but I paid for it with the worse migraine ever!!!!!!! But now I'm eating for sure

Posted pics so you can compare the effects of these 9 days I'm far from clear but I see it clearing hmmmm I'm thankful nonetheless

The start of week 3

Let me just tell you I can not complain because my side effects are so minimal! Thank The Lord in heaven above for that. I was itching to update but was like JUST WAIT KEENA! So here I am.... I am getting compliments and people can see my skin making it's transformation. Can you believe it's only been 15 days ..?!?! I know crazy right? I think it's because I psyched myself out so much but I will list out some of my side effects but please note that these side effects usually only pop up when I forget to take extra care of my body and I treat it like I would when I'm not taking accutane (example not drinking water, eating once or twice a day) other than tha when I stay hydrated and have something on my tummy I have no issues... NONE!!!!

Side effects:

Skin is peeling on my face! My T zone is jus peeling Peeling peeling peeling ... My skin peels normally but it's jus hard to keep up so my SOLUTION: use shea butter and curel on my face ... Peeling is good

Dry EYES: I think this is my least favorite symptom I legit can't open my eyes in the morning because it's so dry I try to conjure up some tears to get the moistened but even then once I open them it takes much longer than normal to adjust.. Doesn't help that I'm not a morning person so more reason to lay back n the bed !!! SOLUTION: going to
An eye doctor like yesterday maybe eye drops will help!

Achy heels : holy mother of pearl I feel line I weigh a ton and all the pressure is weighed down on my tiny size 6 feet ! Ehhhhh! Only SOLUTION: suck it up... Wear in soles ..

Lips: not a major issue I'm grateful for that tho

Breasts: my breasts feel like hell sometimes as tho my period is going to start they are massive and tender but I think it's from my birth control trisprintec we shall see gonna bring that up to doctor

Other than that I am pleased with my progress (I know my progress would be some of your worse nightmares lol but even tho my skin is bad I am happy it is getting better!

Questions:

Anyone who has gone up in dose .. Do you take your pills together?

Anyone self pay have any alternative options (pharmacy only plan etc)

Has anyone tried yoga for stiffness? Does I work?

Anyone else taking "Myorisan?"

Hope this helps someone or encourages someone I really think this was a great decision!!!!

Last week of Month 1

So I'm in the last week of my first month starting today and I feel good. By no means am I free of acne active or scarring but I can see the healing taking place. There's been no major differences between week 2/3 but I really want to do a review a week.

Symptoms are all mild-low I am on 40mg Myorisan and as long as I double my water intake and eat normally I forget I'm on the medication

I still use the aquafor and Carmex for my lips but they are only dry as tho it is winter not dry or cracking and hurting me. Not sure how this dosage increase will go buttttt BRING IT ON!

Green stool was advised not to worry and note it before my blood sample.

All other symptoms have gone away just the dry lips and skin and green poop.... I use shea butter and curel and it's helped with my peeling nose and forehead thusfar !

Excited to fly through month 2 hoping for clear skin in month 2 because month 1 has been awesome

question: what have you den for eyebrows mine need one TLC

Don't judge my pix lol

Month 2 :)

So yesterday started month 2.... BUT I didn't update yesterday because "shame one me" I had a couple glasses of champagne and didn't want to stress my liver. So I commenced today with my normal 40mg at 8pm that won't happen often if at all again while in the course ... Might have to pretend I am pregnant and I wouldn't drink while pregnant so yea...

No symptoms aside from dry skin and lips. THATS IT. My skin has a COUNTABLE number of active acne bumps which is awesome ... I can actually count :)

Many compliments are streaming in and I'm even wearing my hair short for some time emphasizing my face.... Lol I'm super elated with my progress and praying that month 3 will be possible because I am moving and have to pay rent and deposit and can't afford the accutane but I know God will make a way!

Month 2 photos

My photos won't attach

Month 2 40mg a day week6

Well my body has pretty much leveled itself when it comes to the symptoms they're pretty non existent! Thank The Lord...I barely even have dry lips.... When I wake up my eyes still burn a but but other than that I haven't been doing what I need as far as water intake and I think that's why my eyes have began to get dry again.. I don't wanna be that person that updates once the journey is over so if you wanna know what's going on please let me know because imma busy bee but I totally want this documented!

Oh wait one symptom is my freakin hip hurt so bad the other day not sure of it's related or not but yea..

I also get kinda scared that even tho I normally never take birth control and my "ex"and I pre-accutane don't use condoms I've never been pregnant or had a scare so I've been using the pill daily I jus haven't been at the Exact same hour so next month I will get back on it.... I actually skipped my period altogether this past month and my boobies got so big and sensitive it's crazy .... Won't be doing that again,...

I didn't get a call so she said no call was good in regards to my blood work....

Over my course which will last 6 months my doctor says we will use the last month to taper down the meds. For instance next month I will purchase 2 30count 40mg and will alternate 1 a day 2 a day ending the month with 15 that will be used in month 6. So she has a plan and most of her patients are in remission to date so I'm super ecstatic ...

She was surprised at how quick my skin is responding but satisfied with its progress. I have a ways to go but I already am happier.

No negativity zone

It really gets under my skin when ppl go onto someone else's journey and are profoundly negative. But have the goal of promoting another product... This community of reviews are for accutane journeys if accutane didn't work for you I am so sorry but a lot of us are starting our journey and took years to decide on this drug ... I understand it didn't work for some but it's really condescending to be negative towards someone else choice. There's nothing that anyone can offer me anything .. There are plenty drugs I could go bash but it's so much easier to promote positivity !!!

I'm documenting live! So who knows the end result but I'm being vulnerable and positive .. Though you may feel like you're helping you really aren't ... Respect my journey it was my choice and so far I'm thoroughly confident in my choice!

Week 8 (Day 44) update

So I got off track but I don't want to stay off track so I'm going to go ahead and update before work with some photos. Right now my only symptoms are dry eyes in the morning, and dry lips through the day ( I honestly think my lips are only dry because I'm a hypochondriac and I over moisturize then thinking they're dry so that in turn makes them lack moisture not really dry) the early morning dry eyes is the killer...

I had a rough spot with the guy I love and I'm trying to stay happy so I'm making sacrifices besides I don't wanna be depressed and on this drug.. No ma'am Pam!

I think this week I'm noticing color changes in my skin it's hyper pigmented but I rather that than acne... I'm dark skinned with red tints lol

I can count how many pimples I have and I can tell the few active ones I have are drying out and should be gone by this weekend..

Got two connected cysts on my neck I'm going to attribute to more toxins coming out ....

So far so good I can not and will not complain can only be gracious for all the prayers and support
Dr. Denise Redd

She is so awesome! I went I to the clinic so broken inside but appearing put together outwardly. I told her I wanted no other treatment option only accutane and she counseled me and was right away the best thing that happened to me!

Getting better and better!!
It's so awesome to watch... Hoping I'm clear next month! I'm wondering if the altered the drug since results are showcasing so early... Wonder if that means more ppl at higher dosages can take the medication for less time seems like there's a correlation between the effects and the dosage (jus my observation from purousing people's pages) but I'm jus dreading having to be on it until jan and I'm already seeing results but I don't wanna stop and risk it coming back full force... So I'm biting the bullet because it is better but it's far from clear it jus isn't horrid
Keep at it, will continue to follow your journey! Mine is just starting today! fingers crossed!
Most definitely !!! Congrats on starting your journey ... ! I'm excited from the experience and anticipating the results! I'm glad u have joined my journey and can't wait to read your updates and see your pictures!! Wishing beautiful clear skin to u!
Wow, results are amazing. Keep at it!! :) Whatever you do, don't pick!! lol.. I've never heard of that medicine btw.. is that similar to Ro-accutane?
I'm super excited about it too!!! Lol I guess I'm a rebel I pick I itch I'm crazy lol ... But yet the results are a coming so I'm grateful.... But I'm not familiar with ro-accutane but accutane aka isotretonoin is a medication taken orally the rx for accutane expired and now there are only generics like myorisan, claravis, sotret etc.. What it does is focus on the sweat glands and helps get all the goonk and toxins out and your pimple and skin dry out so it's uber important to stay hydrated and moisturized
roaccutane and accutane are the same thing :) They just have different trade names in different countries. In USA it's called Accutane, and here in Australia, it's call Roaccutane. Same product.
Learn something new everyday :)
wow such an improvement in your skin!!! i'm so excited for you!
also are you going to be on 40 mg throughout your journey? because my doc increased my dosage to 60 mg but also told me if i don't feel comfortable, i can stick to 40 mg so i'm not sure i want to increase my dosage as i'm already getting the results i desire?
It's only been 6 weeks so I'm excited for the end goal for sure!!
She is going to eventually have me on 80mg but next month she is gonna have me purchase enough for 80mg but really I will take 40 one day 80 the next so (essentially it's 60) lol 120mg every 2 days... She wants me to do that so that after my fifth month she will have me in a sense harbor pills so I can ween off of the drug ... So I may have 30 40mg and she might have me take those once a day... If she has me do the alternating 40/80 for 2 months I will have 30 pills left over.... And I'm sure month 5 will be a solid 80 mg/ day she told me she was gonna do that tho ... She said if she didn't call after my blood work I was all clear so she will test again once my dosage increases the end of next month .....
Cant believe the improvement!!! your skin is looking so so so so so so much better!!! you must be so happy!!!! Thanks for the update! :)
No problem I'm so excited of course it's not clear skin but jus the fact that it's better makes me smile
for you to only be 6 weeks in, your progress is amazing!
I'm spool excited and I calculated wrong last week was 7 weeks lol but still I'm excited none the less!!!
Hi, I love reading your posts and decided to become a member today so I can ask you to give us an update! I started Amnesteem (Accutane) on the 2nd of September. So I'm on day 9. I think I will start a thread too regarding my journey. I'm just so happy to see my skin clearing up and can't wait until month 5! :). Good luck to you!
Awww thanks that's do sweet!! You should DEFINITELY start a journey I love keeping up with others and have no problems with others keeping up with me!! And I just realized I missed an update gonna do that soon :) I really hope ur journey is as smooth sailing as mine has been !!!!
Look how good it is already!! wow! good on you for taking the step!! I am starting Accutane today or tomorrow (having to talk to derm today). Wish me luck!!!!
Gives me hope, thank you!!
It was the best decision so get and I'm only on week 6 wait I think I owe an update I don't wanna be the one who starts off strong starts to see results and updates after u want everyone on the journey .... But Jessica u will love it... What I can say is you need to do EVERYTHING double time.... Drink double maybe triple your water Intake.... Eat... The first week was hell cause but I have like no symptoms... I think I'm lucky then again my doctor has me on 40mg I will update when the dosage goes up... Next month I'm on 40mg one day and 80mg the next day ... But I'm happy my journey has done a little inspiring at least ... Wishing you clear glowing skin!!!!!
Well ill pray it gets better! I just started accutane thursday! This is my 3rd day now and i just cant wait for the last month. hopefully i can get through this .
You definitely will!!!! I am loving my results and I have little to no side effects!! I wish clear skin to u love!!