Help Needed! Rhinoplasty-Dr Shahidi in Sydney Austalia or Dr Grigoryant in U.S.A?! - Sydney, AU

Hi everyone, I've been doing some research on...

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some research on getting Rhinoplasty done by either Dr Shahidi in Sydney Australia or Dr Grigoryant in Los Angeles! I live in Brisbane, Australia.

I absolutely love Dr G's work and have seen many of your positive reviews about him. But the only concern that I have about him, is that, as far as pre op 'consultation' goes, It will be an email correspondences to him and no real face to face communication.I consider the pre-consult to be one of the most vital components of getting this procedure as it's important to me that we are on the same level and understand one another. I'm not concerned about having to travel 12 hrs to get it done or the fact that I'll be away from home while I recover. Those things don't bother me. The other factor to appreciate is that I think Dr G's costs are quite reasonable whereas Dr Shadihi's surgeries tend to be at least $10,000 from what I've read so far? But after all the expenses spent on the trip it will probably work out to be around that for flying to Dr G anyway..

Now, as for Dr Shahidi- it appears that he's a very ethical doctor which is great! This is a plus for me. And he is closer (1 hr flight) so I'm able to have pre-op consults with him. However- I'm afraid that he makes the tips a bit too up turned when I looked at his after pictures?? I don't know, please let me know if I'm wrong! And I've only recently discovered him unlike Dr G..

So needless to say, I am confused as to who I should choose as my surgeon! I would love some feedbacks from people who's had Rhinoplasty done by either of the surgeons, whether it's been good or bad, or even better, if you were in the same boat as me, where you were conflicted by the pro' sand con's of choosing either of the surgeons and I would also love to hear your reasons why you chose the surgeon that you chose. At the end of the day, choosing the right surgeon will be worth every penny so the cost difference between these two surgeons don't matter to me if it means that I'll have my dreamy nose :)Thank you all so much in advance :) looking forward to hearing from you!

Just another something to add..

After looking at some past pictures of myself when I was younger has made me realise that my nose has gotten bigger and wider! Has anybody experienced the same?? I never used to dislike my nose and it never used to bother me.....!

I've been in touch with Dr Grigoryant!

So, after procrastinating for so long, I finally contacted Dr G. He said that I'll have good result. He suggested, removing the bump, narrowing the bones and refining/lifting the tip. Je also said he may need to narrow my nostrils as well. I require to be on L.A for up to 8 days post-op and he quoted me $9500. I asked him a few more questions like will I need to attend for a follow up appointments a few weeks or months after the surgery.

I also had a chat with Dr Shahidi's receptionist. She was so helpful. She said he has been practicing Rhino surgeries for 10 years and does about 5-9 surgeries per week. Not sure how many Dr G does... I should've asked!!
I haven't booked a consult with Dr Shahidu yet. Somehow my heart tells me to go with Dr G at the moment. Anyway I'm going to think carefully about booking a consult with Dr S and if so, I'll get his quote in a few weeks time. But by my own estimate, I think it's going to cost around the same for either doctors when I consider the flights, transport and accommodation costs.

I'm on Dr Grigoryant's cancellation list for April/May 2015 :) Excited :)

Just a quick update! I'm now on the cancellation list for next year as I'd prefer to have the surgery in April/May of 2015 :) The reason being, is that I'm probably going to have my wedding at the end of 2015 or early 2016, so i'd prefer if i'm at the stage of at least 7-8 months post op so that most of the swelling would have subsided by then. Dr G's receptionist said the likelihood of someone cancelling is very likely so fingers crossed i'll get in.

Dr Shahidi was also available for these time slots next year but my gut feeling tells me to go with Dr G as I do love his results much more and I'm impressed with how efficient he's been with responding to my million questions. But I can't applaud Dr Shahidi's receptionists enough for their kindness and taking the time to answer all my questions patiently. So if anyone is considering Dr S, you will find this also.

As for my surgery, Dr G has suggested removing the bump, narrowing the bones, refining/lifting the tip and he may need to reduce my nostrils as well. He has quoted me a little more than his average price that i've seen other people pay, and i do wonder if this is because my nose needs that much work lol. It's a bummer that Australian dollar is dropping like dead flies at the moment and it's probably not going to get much better by next year. Oh well.

Anyway, I have umm'ed and hummed about the surgery as it is a big deal, but every time i remind myself how much i dislike taking pictures, hate other people uploading pictures of me on Facebook and all the time i spend frantically threatening all my friends to delete this photo and that photo OR ELSE haha.. and trying to edit and manipulate pictures of my nose in every picture... I'm reminded that doing this is something I will not regret!

I really look forward to having my cute, little, shapely, feminine nose that i've been dreaming of for my wedding day :)