Accutane Review ( First Week) - Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Hello, my names Kat, Im 21 and I moved to Malaysia...

Hello, my names Kat, Im 21 and I moved to Malaysia around 1 year and a half ago.

I have always had perfect skin living in Britain but 6 months into moving here suddenly my skin started going crazy. I suffer from an under active thyroid problem and I thought this was the cause, due to hormonal imbalance. Moment of trust... I was wrong! My doctor told me to see a dermatologist and so now my journey begins!

I have tried red light therapy, spa treatments, expensive facial products and I've even been taking two types of vitamins to help my skin. Results? NEGATIVE!

I know how it feels to wake up in the morning and to not even want to look in the mirror. To have a boyfriend and be scared after I take my makeup off at night, getting in a bad mood if he even TRIES to take a sneak peak of my face. My job involves modelling sometimes and going to meetings in which I need to apply makeup and look my best. It's disturbing my work and my personal life. It's sad and if there's anything that can help me live my life to the fullest again then i'm all ears Mr Dermo!

So after my 450RM visit to the Dermatologist my prescription to be taken for the next month is as follows:
Every two days -20g Roaccutane Isotretinoin tablet-
Twice a week I should apply all over my face -Retacnyl Tretinoin Cream-
Every morning avoiding sunlight I should apply directly to my spots -Epiduo Gel-

I will upload two sets of weekly photos until the process is over, wish me luck and of course
MAKE THAT CHANGE AND TRY IT WITH ME TOO!

xx

Week 2

As all the reviews stated, this medication DOES in fact make your skin 'appear' to be worse within the first few weeks but if I look closer I can see that all of the 'little bumps' under my skin are slowly vanishing and turning into pimples themselves.

My lips are super dry, I put Vaseline on them every 10 minutes and they are vacuuming it up like a tornado!

I'll keep you posted later on in the week, peace out!

Week 3

So it's week 3 and my skin is getting better!

I have just finished my monthly women's cycle so my skin has calmed down a lot. I have also stopped eating nuts as my mother said that it usually gets her skin to break out badly.

I've taken my tablets once every 2 days and applied my antibiotic cream twice a week with great results. My lips are super dry but who cares about dry lips when you can see an improvement in skin completion!
Sime Darby Medical Centre

Having heard so much positivism about this 'Accutane' product I thought, hell yes, give it to me! I researched online all of the best Dermatologists in Malaysia and to be honest, everyone told me you have to wait at least 4 hours for an appointment. I arrived at the hospital and had to wait at least 2 hours. The overall service was great, he explained everything there is to know about acne and all the different kinds you are unfortunate enough to have. He then went through all of the different medications, lotions and treatments he can give me but said that Accutane was the best option. I have another appointment in one month, he said that my skin should start to get worse before it gets better. Let the horror month commence! Dun dun dunnn