Great Experience, Under-eye Hallow Area Greatly Improved - Stratford, NJ

Since I have recently used this site to sort...

Since I have recently used this site to sort through my different surgeon options for my upcoming Rhinoplasty surgery, I thought I would give my review of Juvaderm that I had this past week. When I first consulted with my Dr. about my under eye area, I thought we were going to talk about blepharoplasty for lower eyelid. However he felt that would be the wrong path to go given my thin skin and not much fat under the lower lid. This was a relief to hear since I thought I would need surgery based on another consult I had to get my desired result. The Juvaderm procedure was a breeze, his technique was painless, and placement of the filler seemed pretty flawless compared to my experience a couple of years ago with nasal labial folds. This inflammation post-procedure seems more normal, and certainly easy to cover with makeup. There is no obvious 'I just had filler put in my face' look after 24 hours, or even immediately. Just before I left the office I examined once more in the mirror because it looked so great- I was in disbelief! He had placed 2 syringes just above the "fat pad" of my cheeks to help with my under eye hollowed area. I can finally stop trying every cream/concealer/serum/laser available on the market to help with under eye puffiness. Looking forward to enjoying this for months to come!

If I could recommend anything about this procedure, it is to have a facial plastic surgeon perform it. They are truly the experts in this department- and when it comes to your face you should not settle for less.

Non- needle

Something I should add...there was only 1 perforation to the skin on each side of the face. There was also not the typical needle that I have had in the past. This was a more non-invasive injection. I forget what it was called but the only bruising was very slight at the initial point of injection (where the local anesthetic was placed). I used cover up the following day, but after 48 hours those 2 spots were almost invisible.
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Corrado's opinion and recommendation were professional and full of integrity. During the consultation of my lower eye lid issue, I had a pretty good feeling he was going to be the one to do my Rhinoplasty (had already consulted on that prior to this conversation). I will review the Rhinoplasty once that has been completed, scheduled for December. I did consult with two other 'top' surgeons in the area and am so glad I went for my third consult with Dr. Corrado. I am completely confident in his surgical expertise. He is serious about placing patient safety first, and his moral compass is spot on-doing what is truly best for his patients. Office staff is also wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!  The idea of having filler injected around the eye area sounds really painful- did you have any sort of numbing cream or anything?

Yes! He did inject some type of local anesthetic immediately before the Juvaderm.

Oh good :)

If you think of the type of needle he used (as you mentioned in your update) please post it- I'd love to know!