Still Have Hump

The first time I went with my surgen I just wanted...

The first time I went with my surgen I just wanted to get rid of a hump.He said he was going to do closed rhino just to rasp the bone.Day of surgery 4/8/09 he said he was going to do an open rhino to get a better look inside the nose, break the bone, narrow the bridge and bring up the tip.

Well the bridge and the tip are fine, but I still have a hump. I was worried because it felt hard like bone. On my 1 week post op I asked him about it and he said it was swelling.

In my 1 month post op he admitted and confirmed it was bone, but not to be concerned. He gave me a silicon injection, he wants to give me another in a month and another in a year and says that will take care of the hump.The thing is I don't want cover up injections, I want the hump removed.

I'm sure he can do a closed rhino, just rasp what was left, the question is if he willing to do it and not charge me again for what I have already paid for.

He confirmed he did't rasp enough of the bone. Why?

I had my rhynoplasty 3 months ago... Do you ever have the feeling of when someone calls you pretty... Its not about the real you anymore?? I feel that and i dont enjoy compliments as much as before i got my nose done:( i only had a tiny bump shaved off btw like megan fox... But to mee i look alot better but duo to a nosejob i cant enjoy the feeling of me being really pretty.... Did you have that and did it go away?
Hey everyone, I had rhinoplasty to get rid of the hump on my nose, that was the only purpose of the surgery. I am now four months after surgery and the hump is still there, it is slighty smaller but still very clearly there. My surgeon has said that he agrees it is still there but if I have revision surgery then it would be risky and I could end up with a boxers nose. I am sooo unhappy because I used all of my savings on this expensive surgery as I was always so depressed about my nose and now it seems that there is nothing I can do about it :( Anyway got any advice or similar problems?
try taping it down every night for a few months... Same thing happened to me though. I had surgery to get rid of a hump, and even had a revision with him, and he wasn't able to get rid of the hump completely... Sucks, but I eventually moved on and said "HEY, at least it looks natural" lol.
Hi guys,

I had a rhino on 1st feb 2012 to remove a hump and to remove some cartilage from the tip of my nose to make my tip thinner. Now 11 days on from surgery my nose looks bigger than it was before... my hump is still there, not as bad as it was but its definetly still there. My whole nose is swollen and a lot thicker than it was.

My surgeon did say before the surgery that he was going to be conservative because he says that as time passes your nose will settle down and become smaller.

I've always hated my big nose...my story is similar to Ralph - I broke my nose years ago playing soccer and I waited years to build up enough courage to get rhino done. Over the last couple of years its always been on the forefront of my mind.

Now that I've had it done, and my nose looks worse than it was I feel really low. Its been great relief to read this page and know that people have went through the same emotions that I am going through at the moment. Thanks everyone for expressing their feelings.

I start back work in a few days and I am really depressed...I'm just going to try and put the experience out my mind and try and forget about my nose for a while...

hopefully in a few months I will start to see an improvement...
Bobby, it is way too early to assume your nose is 'worse' than before. If you have thick skin like me, it takes a few months for the swell to be less noticeable. Patience is the key for now.

Does your nose feel numb? If so, it is not yet healed. Your skin and tissue needs to get adjusted to your new nose.

Wish you the very best and please be sure to provide updates.
thanks giva...

only the area around the tip of my nose is numb at the moment..

thinking about the day of the surgery...before surgery the surgeon came in to see me...he said that it was his intention to do the rhino closed because it was easier for the skin to heal or something like that...so I had assumed up until now that my rhino was done closed

however I remembered the other day what the surgeon had said to me after the operation, a couple of hours after I had woke up.... that he had "got rid of the hump and narrowed the nasal bridge"...can narrowing the nasal bridge be done closed rhino?

the problem for me at the moment is that (from side view) the nose isnt in a straight line...the bony bridge sticking out a little more than the lower part of the nose...perhaps the bridge is swollen and this is the reason...

I have always hated the side view of my nose...especially the thick bony bridge that I have....I am always conscious when people are looking at me from the side...I long for the day when I have the confidence of not worrying that people are looking at me from the side

its 15 feb 2012 as I write this...I go back for a meeting with the surgeon on 1st May 2012...I keep telling myself that from now onwards my nose is only going to get smaller...will it get to the size that I was hoping for?...at this moment in time I really can't see it...

I'm hoping that when I go back to see the surgeon in around 3 months time, that he will agree to shave the hump down if it is still not straight come that time...if not then I will need to get it done again...
Well I am 11 days post-op and I am satisfied with my results. Only thing I'm unhappy about and depressed about is, like all of you, the small hard bone-like hump that is still there. It feels like he didn't rasp down the bone enough and it really kills me to think that's what happened. I was very brave and went through a lot to get this surgery in time for Christmas and my #1 fear was getting the splint taken off and being unsatisfied with the outcome. I prayed this wouldn't happen and now it has. Besides the hard bump, i love my new nose. I understand I'm still very swollen... and it will go down in time. I'm especially swollen at the tip and nostril area. The top dorsal part of my nose seems to have gone down but the bump is still there. I'm hoping what some of you are saying is true and that in a few months I will have the straight profile I've always wanted and obviously got the rhinoplasty for. The bump is very slight and almost unnoticeable, but its there. It pisses me off because I paid a lot of money and took a week off school for this and now Its not up to par with what I expected and It kills me to think the bump is going to stay like this. I'm hoping its swelling and with the instructed massaging I was told to do it will go down in time. This Thursday, I have another post-op consult with the doctor. At my last appointment, when I had the splint removed, I loved the results but did mention the bump to him... He also said its tissue and to massage the area atleast 3 times a day. He descibed it as molding clay, now i must form the masterpiece. This Thursday when I have my consult I am going to bring it up again, because it obviously has not gone down. I am going to tell him he did a great job and I love my results, except for the obvious hump. I'm going to tell him I have been massaging but it feels like bone he should have shaved down. I am also going to tell him I know its still swollen and I'm going to obviously have to wait the full months or year but if after time its STILL here, if he's going to fix it free of charge... I mean I think i am eligible for a revision if the bump doesn't go down because the point of the surgery was for my straight bridge and he didn't deliver so if he refuses to do a revision free of charge (which btw at our first consult I asked about his revision policy and he said he would fix it if there's a bump having to be shaved down so I'm hoping it shouldn't be a problem) and if for some odd reason he gets defensive and says no, I will sue. I was told I'd have a straight bridge and it wasn't delivered. If he does agree to do a free revision and just shave it down then I'll be happy and just wait it out and have my revision. The only thing that sucks is having to go through surgery and recovery all over again... The swelling sucked. You all have gave me hope and everyone just be patient and pray that it goes down. Most of the time others wont realize it and its very minimal.
So I'm now 4 months post-op....still have the same bump! so depressed!!! :((((
In my case, When the cast came off I was super happy. My profile was as straight as a ruler. When the swelling faded, a bump appeared or a hump formed no idea, but I was unhappy. I've had two surgeries to remove my hump and both were unsuccessful. Both straight for a couple weeks and bam a hump comes out of nowhere.
Hi everyone,

I'm almost 8 weeks post-op, had a closed rhinoplasty to remove the slight-medium size hump,but as most of you are experiencing the hump's still there after the cast came off!!!!!!! :((((((
It's SO disappointing!! I can't believe this:((
I've been also dreaming about this surgery for YEARS and stressed out for MONTHS before my surgery and voila this is what I get at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really hope the hump will go away like some of you... It feels hard! :-S
Currently I feel SO depressed and don't even wanna see people who knew I had a rhinoplasty!!!!! :((
I'm gonna see my surgeon next week and I don't even know how I'm gonna face him!!!...
Just wondering if your hump ever went down?
Nope!...it actually looks worse 'cause the swelling went down....I'm planning to do ANOTHER 'retouch' which is VERY painful... I'm hoping he'll be able to correct the little hump that's left... I just don't know what to do if for the THIRD time it doesn't go down, I think I'll just hang myself if that happens :( :( I'll cross my fingers....pray for me :(
Hmm that's not good. I hope this time goes well I'll send all prayers to you! I'm just concerned as I recently got Septorhinoplasty to correct both my breathing and the Appearance. While it looked a lot better when the splint came off within the next few days I noticed a hump from the side of my bridge. So annoyed. It almost looks like my old nose is coming back (if not worse than before) and i read so many comments on here from other people with similar situations and that theirs never got better! I don't want to have to go through this surgery again. I've been wanting it for years and so self conscious and now this... It's crap.
Hey guys- I will be 6 months post-op on Oct 1st. I still have a hump. It is hard like bone. My Dr said sorry it's scar tissue. Nothing I can do. I do not think it is swelling. I can feel a slight indentation on the bridge of my nose where he rasped it. He said if he rasped it anymore I would have had an open-nosed deformity.... There's nothing I can do unless I have open Rhinoplasty to fix it. : ( I just wanted to update you all.
I have a slight hump as well. Anyones get better over time??? My hump is a little soft "spongy". But just a little. Is this swelling? I'm only 7 days post op
Did this get better?
Like many of you who have posts on this page, I too am very disappointed with my small hump that has remained after my rhino. I am now 12 days post-op, and my cast came off 6 days ago. When the cast first came off I did notice a slight bump which I mentioned to my surgeon, but he brished it off as swelling. Well 2 days later the bump was even bigger, and other people started noticing it. Some people say it gived my nose a bit of character though, whereas if it's too dead-straight it can sometimes look fake. Nevertheless I am not happy having paid a fortune to have a hump removed only to have it replaced by another one! The new hump is nothing like the old one though. The old one was far bigger and more hook-like, whereas this one is only at the top and ends half way down my nose before the cartilage/tip starts. Mine is also hard like bone. Some people on here say it can be swelling but I am not convined of that because it feels like my old bone! Can it really disappear after a few months? What has everyone else's experiences been? I am very scared of revision surgery...have heard nightmare stories of people who have too much surgery on their noses. Here are some pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22448638 Password is "MishNose"
I'm thinking of changing my user name because I really like my nose now. I't has chaged alot since my first post. My hump has gone down more and it has thined out. I'm 4 months now and the change is drastic, I love it! I started noticing the changes at 2 months ,I was so upset and mad because after the surgery I still had a hard hump that felt like bone, but it is swelling, my is almost stright, in my opinon, but other people say it does look really stright and is a big diffrence. People who I havnt seen in a long time and don't know I had a nose job say I look diffrent but dont know why.I use to hide my profile with my left hand when I would drive or with my hair looking down when walking, but now I look stright ahead and pin my hair back at times. I have hazle eyes just like Rhianna , the singer, I had a boss tell me once I had pretty eyes but what a shame I had a big nose. Thats just one of many mean comments I would get because of my nose, even from strangers.I guess thats why I really don't post anymore because I have nothing to complain about now. But I read some of the post by the people just out and thier concerns are just like mine were. Your nose will change alot, but patients is the hardest obstical to overcome, before you know it you'll be 6mn-1 yr post op and will hopefully love your nose.
Hi i was just wondering if you did anything special to speed up your recover on the swelling. I'm 6 days post op and i feel like nothing has changed for me and it is very fustrating but after reading your post it has given me hope. I was just curious if you did anything to help the swelling for example, iced your nose or anything like that. please let me know because id really love to have a straighter nose without this hump especially after going through everything this surgery required.
Your only 6 days out, Give it time.As for me, I'm so happy with my nose now, I love it, but the first few month after were hard and I did alot of looking in the mirror and crying. I had a hump high on the bridge of my nose that felt hard like bone, so thats what I thought it was. It was hard how could that be swelling I thought swelling as soft and spongy.At two months the swelling started going down, some days your nose will be huge the next it could be perfect then huge again. Just ice it when its swollen but its going to take weeks. Try not to look in the mirror so much and think about other things, go on as if you never got rhino and before you know it, your nose will be fine. I got crazy after surgery just thinking about my nose and looking in the mirror and on the internet for answers if the hump ever goes away, and nobody would reply so I thought I was going to have to go through it again or just get it filed down. Good luck and let time fly.Like I said in my case I love the results. Read my past post. P.S. I'm 1yr and 4mns post op.
I live in el paso Texas and recently started going to consultations; I am wondering who is your doctor? Considering your whole experience would you recommend him?
I went to Dr. Lyle Weeks. I had gone to one before him but he wanted to charge me 8,600.I was like, NO WAY. I saw his commercial and gave him a call, he charged me 4,200 that includes the surgery center and 1 year follow ups. I would recommend him, he was great, but if you decide to go through with it, very important to remember you are going to be swollen a long time. When you take off your splint you are not going to have a perfect nose, its going to swell like crazy. I blamed the dr. for months after the surgery that he didnt do a good job, he keept telling me to be patient, it takes about a year for the swelling to go down, and in my case it did and now am very happy. I was in no pain after the surgery and was even talking to the dr. while he was operating on me, after that i went to the recovery room for about 2 hours then went home, no pain just discomfort. He gave me a RX for pain killers but I just took regular Tylonal. You cant breath throu you nose for weeks which is the discomfort part and an occacional headache from when they break the bone. BUT VERY WORTH IT. Before I had a huge beak nose, now it's stright and narrow.
I'm a little over 1 month post op septorhinoplasty which corrected deviated septum and for removal of hump, but like many of you I still have a hump on the bridge/dorsum (not as big as before), and it is hard like bone. I'm very nervous, I really really hope it goes away, I've been hoping and hoping and dreaming for a straight nose and I was so happy when the surgery was finally over, but this is like I did it for nothing :( :( Please tell me it's swelling..................
Did this get better?
I'm so happy to hear there are others with this same problem. I had a septorhinoplasty to correct deviated septum and to shave the bump off my nose (thankfully it was all covered by insurance because my surgeon is amazing like that). After the cast was removed, I took pics from the side and noticed still a small bump, not nearly as bad, and at the time it didn't bother me, but now over 4 weeks after surgery, it's annoying me that there is still a bump. I was expecting it to be completely straight like how I researched it to be, but there is still a bump, and it feels hard/bony. However, reading these posts, I'm comforted to know that not only am I not alone, but also, that this may just be swelling and requires patience, and that it actually might straighten out in a couple more months! I hope so!