Simply Amazing - Alabama

After one treatment with Juvederm I'm hooked....

After one treatment with Juvederm I'm hooked. It's absolutely incredible. Talk about instant gratification. I received injections prior to receiving 1 syringe of Juvederm, which was a little uncomfortable, but tolerable. I had swelling and mild bruising at injection sites, but not too bad.

It's been 2 days since injections and I can't stop looking at my younger plump lips. My only regret is that I waited so long to try this. I hope the results are as lasting as it says...up to a year. My Doc told me I may need a touch up after 4 months or so, but we would have to wait and see. Different people have different longevity periods with this, but regardless, I'm in love with this stuff! If you've had this in your lips (or anywhere) I would love to hear from you and the results you had.

Hello again, it's been awhile, but just...

Hello again, it's been awhile, but just letting you all know that I'm still in love with Juvederm! I switched to the Ultra Plus though...it lasts alot longer in my lips than the regular Juvie.

So how long DID it end up lasting?
I'm 6 days after, and the lumpiness is almost all gone. The 11 lines bumps on my forehead are still there, but only if you feel for them, and he used a full syringe there. So, if you already have plump lips, the full syringe may really make your lips stick out for a week. Also, I used the Juvederm Ultra Plus, which is thicker, lasts longer, but is lumpier longer, also. It might be a long week for you!!
I never had the lumps...maybe I got lucky. I think I'll wait on getting more Juvie until I heal from the peel. Seems like a waste the more I thought about it because right now I am not wearing makeup due to the excessive flaking (Tretinoin .1% w/ Obagi Nu Derm Clear) and under my eyes are still bright pink. Maybe after a couple more months I'll touch it up. I am also anxiously awaiting my first Botox adventure! lol
You might have had the Juvie "light", which is not as thick as the Ultra, and you won't get the swelling and lumps as much. It's been a week now,and they are all gone. I tried botox on my forehead, and it works well. However, it doesn't last very long, and I'm not into a big budget each year for this. Heck, I'm 61, so I can't have 30 year old skin without a major peel, which I'm not interested in right now. I've had 2 lunchtime peels, I'll get another one, I'm getting "despotted" next week on my face, throat, neck, arms and hands, and then I'll get another peel. I probably look about 45, and that's good enough for me!!
I didn't even ask which kind of Juvederm it was Peg. I'm new to all of this and at 42 I guess it's high time I learn! lol Thanks for your input!
I just had Juvederm done today; actually, twice today! I had one syringe this morning, but it was obvious my 11 lines and marionette lines needed more. After 6 hours of seeing how my super sensitive skin tolerated it, I was back for the rest in the afternoon! My 11 lines won't completely disappear because they are too deep, but they are HUGELY better. He also worked on some deep wrinkles under my lip and on my chin. I got the Ultra which is supposed to last up to 12 months. I have no bruising (and, I bruise easily), even though I bled at the syringe site on my forhead. I am thrilled with this stuff! The doctor said it takes up to 7 days to completely calm down, so it will get even better! I went to an opthamologist who does cosmetic botox, laser, juvederm, also. I watched him perform laser eye surgery on my father, and figured he had great hands for the needlework on my face.
I think I'm ready for a little more Peggy! I want them a little fuller. Do you think another full syringe would be overkill?
Hey it could last up to a year, everyone's results last differently, your lips look real, not fishy like some ppl get with fillers, mine were good too but I think I like your result even better...again good luck for a longggg result! "-)
Yeah, I agree, very natural looking. That was my main concern prior to injection. I've seen some Juvie Lips that are VERY obviously filled. Did not want that look.
Hi,Good results so far, very nice job* I had Juvie(and botox) done on naselfolds & upper lip last August, I loved my intial results also, on me that didn't last but a few months though, everyone is different so don't go by my mine, I went for botox again last month & love the results from that, crows feet & 11 lines between eyes....so far so good with that, I may go back & get more Juvederm next month, not sure yet, good results but on me only last a few months, not a year like was told to me at time of injections...good luck, so far so good with your results, glad you love them!
Thanks JoJo...he did say that I would more than likely need a touch up in about 4-6 months....we'll see. Hopefully not. I did not want them too big because I was afraid of looking too fake, just wanted them fuller so I was well pleased with the results. I'll be even more pleased if it lasts a year, but not really expecting it to.