Nasal Tip Reconstruction (3 Phase) Following Mohs Procedure - Seattle, WA

I am a 49 year old female, natural blonde, green...

I am a 49 year old female, natural blonde, green eyed, fair complected with a history of sun exposure datng back to the early 80's. Imagine my surprise when, although fully prepared for the diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma on my nose, also being fully unprepared to now need a reconstructive plastic surgeon. I was truly fortunate to have been given the name of team Dr. Peter Odlund and Dr. Analisa Gorman from Skin Surgery Center in Seattle,WA by the ENT Assoc. SW attending physician who had performed my biopsy. Dr. Ray Jensen assured me that only one name came to mind, in his 30 plus years of experience, as a referral, and that the Mohs treatment and closure was beyond his team's expertise. He then confidently added that i needed to see if Dr James Ridgway was available for the reconstructive surgery because it was going to be a delicate procedure due to the nasal tip area that needed help and he was the best in his field. From that moment forward, I knew that I was going to be in good hands with these 3 amazing specialists. Yes they were in Seattle (2 hours away) however it was going to be worth the drive several times over the course of 12 weeks.

Recovery Update - 5 months later

Follow up visit w/Dr. Ridgway went well, July was the final surgery and all appears to be blending well. I will need some fine tuning to thin some of the lower portion of the new skin but all in all the results thus far have made my surgeon happy. What more can I ask for? My nose still turns blue when any temperature indoors and out drops below 62 degrees, but all in due time the blood flow will re-establish itself. If nothing else, I can step in for Rudolph if he is super busy this holiday season. My head is still numb, but I was prepared that could be a forever thing or not. Not a big deal by any means considering. No pain, no discomfort, just taking it all one day at a time.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Ridgway is the best in his field and I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon. Considering the circumstances, meeting Dr Ridgway was a blessing in my opinion and the entire process could not have gone any better. From the initial consultation, the expectations were clearly defined, he reassured me that the final outcome would be nothing short of me looking like me again, (after 12 weeks or so). I was clearly provided an explanation of the 2 procedures available, his level of confidence that the forehead flap reconstruction vs the cheek method would yield the optimal results, I was quickly convinced that I was in amazing hands. The lines of communication were always open, he was very clear in explaining exactly what was ahead of me and he made sure that i was ready for it emotionally and mentally, 100%. Together we achieved amazing results and i never doubted his expertise for a moment.